Climate smart agriculture rapid appraisal (CSA-RA): A tool for prioritizing context-specific climate smart agriculture technologies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nordström, Eva-Maria & Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Öhman, Karin, 2010. "Integrating multiple criteria decision analysis in participatory forest planning: Experience from a case study in northern Sweden," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(8), pages 562-574, October.
- Hermans, Frans & Stuiver, Marian & Beers, P.J. & Kok, Kasper, 2013. "The distribution of roles and functions for upscaling and outscaling innovations in agricultural innovation systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 117-128.
- Giller, K.E. & Tittonell, P. & Rufino, M.C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Adjei-Nsiah, S. & Herrero, M. & Chikowo, R. & Corbeels, M. & Rowe, E.C. & Baijukya, F. & Mwijage, A. & Smith,, 2011. "Communicating complexity: Integrated assessment of trade-offs concerning soil fertility management within African farming systems to support innovation and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 191-203, February.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth S. & Brown, Lynn R. & Feldstein, Hilary Sims & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1997. "Gender, property rights, and natural resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1303-1315, August.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- World Bank, 2012. "Agricultural Innovation Systems : An Investment Sourcebook [Systèmes d’innovation agricole - Guide d'investissement]," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 2247, December.
- Chambers, Robert, 1994. "The origins and practice of participatory rural appraisal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 953-969, July.
- David McKenzie, 2005. "Measuring inequality with asset indicators," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 229-260, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dunnett, A. & Shirsath, P.B. & Aggarwal, P.K. & Thornton, P. & Joshi, P.K. & Pal, B.D. & Khatri-Chhetri, A. & Ghosh, J., 2018. "Multi-objective land use allocation modelling for prioritizing climate-smart agricultural interventions," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 381(C), pages 23-35.
- Arenas-Calle, Laura N. & Ramirez-Villegas, Julian & Whitfield, Stephen & Challinor, Andrew J., 2021. "Design of a Soil-based Climate-Smartness Index (SCSI) using the trend and variability of yields and soil organic carbon," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 190(C).
- Enock Warinda & Dickson M Nyariki & Stephen Wambua & Reuben M Muasya & Munir A Hanjra, 2020. "Sustainable development in East Africa: impact evaluation of regional agricultural development projects in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44(1), pages 3-39, February.
- Kumar, Shalander & Craufurd, Peter & Haileslassie, Amare & Ramilan, Thiagarajah & Rathore, Abhishek & Whitbread, Anthony, 2019. "Farm typology analysis and technology assessment: An application in an arid region of South Asia," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- Acosta-Alba, Ivonne & Chia, Eduardo & Andrieu, Nadine, 2019. "The LCA4CSA framework: Using life cycle assessment to strengthen environmental sustainability analysis of climate smart agriculture options at farm and crop system levels," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 155-170.
- Thornton, Philip K. & Whitbread, Anthony & Baedeker, Tobias & Cairns, Jill & Claessens, Lieven & Baethgen, Walter & Bunn, Christian & Friedmann, Michael & Giller, Ken E. & Herrero, Mario & Howden, Mar, 2018. "A framework for priority-setting in climate smart agriculture research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 161-175.
- Asif Sardar & Adiqa K. Kiani & Yasemin Kuslu, 2021. "Does adoption of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) practices improve farmers’ crop income? Assessing the determinants and its impacts in Punjab province, Pakistan," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(7), pages 10119-10140, July.
- World Bank Group, 2019. "Cote d’Ivoire Climate-Smart Agriculture Investment Plan [Plan d’Investissement d’une Agriculture Intelligente face au Climat en Côte d’Ivoire]," World Bank Publications - Reports 32745, The World Bank Group.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Schut, Marc & Klerkx, Laurens & Rodenburg, Jonne & Kayeke, Juma & Hinnou, Léonard C. & Raboanarielina, Cara M. & Adegbola, Patrice Y. & van Ast, Aad & Bastiaans, Lammert, 2015. "RAAIS: Rapid Appraisal of Agricultural Innovation Systems (Part I). A diagnostic tool for integrated analysis of complex problems and innovation capacity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 1-11.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer M. & Sims, Katharine R.E. & Costica, Laura, 2021. "Better to be indirect? Testing the accuracy and cost-savings of indirect surveys," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 142(C).
- Winters, P. & Kafle, K. & Benfica, R., 2018. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 21 - Does relative deprivation induce migration? Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," IFAD Research Series 280070, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Roxana Manea; Patrizio Piraino; Martina Viarengo, 2021.
"Crime, Inequality and Subsidized Housing:Evidence from South Africa,"
CIES Research Paper series
66-2021, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Roxana Manea & Patrizio Piraino & Martina Viarengo, 2021. "Crime, Inequality and Subsidized Housing: Evidence from South Africa," CESifo Working Paper Series 8914, CESifo.
- Giulia Greco, 2018. "Setting the Weights: The Women’s Capabilities Index for Malawi," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 457-478, January.
- Fernández-Huertas Moraga, Jesús, 2013.
"Understanding different migrant selection patterns in rural and urban Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 182-201.
- Jesus Fernández-Huertas Moraga, 2013. "Understanding Different Migrant Selection Patterns in Rural and Urban Mexico," Working Papers 2013-02, FEDEA.
- Paul J. Salia, 2014. "The Effect of Microcredit on the Household Welfare (Empirical Evidences from Women Micro-entrepreneurs in Tanzania)," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(5), pages 259-272, May.
- Bühler, Dorothee & Hartje, Rebecca & Ulrike Grote, 2017. "Can household food security predict individual undernutrition? Evidence from Cambodia and Lao PDR," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-594, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis & Diego Restuccia, 2014.
"Land Misallocation and Productivity,"
2014 Meeting Papers
1314, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Diego Restuccia & Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis, 2015. "Land Misallocation and Productivity," Working Papers tecipa-533, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Diego Restuccia & Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis, 2017. "Land Misallocation and Productivity," Working Papers tecipa-575, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Diego Restuccia & Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis, 2017. "Land Misallocation and Productivity," NBER Working Papers 23128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diego Restuccia & Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis, 2015. "Land Misallocation and Productivity," Working Papers tecipa-541, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Diego Restuccia & Raül Santaeulàlia-Llopis, 2017. "Land Misallocation and Productivity," Working Papers 954, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Lucio Esposito & Sunil Mitra Kumar & Adrián Villaseñor, 2020. "The importance of being earliest: birth order and educational outcomes along the socioeconomic ladder in Mexico," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 33(3), pages 1069-1099, July.
- Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Noor, Ayan A. & Lopez, Dominique & Mashkoor, Ashraf, 2010. "Poverty, vulnerability, and provision of healthcare in Afghanistan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1745-1755, June.
- Stefania Lovo, 2014.
"Analyzing the welfare-improving potential of land in the former homelands of South Africa,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(6), pages 679-692, November.
- Lovo, Stefania, 2014. "Analyzing the welfare-improving potential of land in the former homelands of South Africa," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63355, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Patrick Ward, 2014. "Measuring the Level and Inequality of Wealth: An Application to China," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 613-635, December.
- Hargreaves, James R. & Morison, Linda A. & Gear, John S.S. & Makhubele, Mzamani B. & Porter, John D.H. & Busza, Joanna & Watts, Charlotte & Kim, Julia C. & Pronyk, Paul M., 2007. ""Hearing the Voices of the Poor": Assigning Poverty Lines on the Basis of Local Perceptions of Poverty. A Quantitative Analysis of Qualitative Data from Participatory Wealth Ranking in Rural," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 212-229, February.
- Schleicher, Michael & Souares, Aurélia & Pacere, Athanase Narangoro & Sauerborn, Rainer & Klonner, Stefan, 2016. "Decentralized versus Statistical Targeting of Anti-Poverty Programs: Evidence from Burkina Faso," Working Papers 0623, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Hermann Pythagore Pierre Donfouet & Shukri F. Mohamed & Eric Malin, 2021.
"Socioeconomic inequality in tobacco use in Kenya: a concentration analysis,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 247-269, June.
- Hermann Pythagore Pierre Donfouet & Shukri Mokamed & Éric Malin, 2018. "Socioeconomic Inequality in Tobacco use in Kenya: A Concentration Analysis," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 2018-08, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Kafle, Kashi & Jolliffe, Dean & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2018.
"Do different types of assets have differential effects on child education? Evidence from Tanzania,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 14-28.
- Kafle, Kashi & Jolliffe, Dean & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2017. "Do Different Types of Assets Have Differential Effects on Child Education? Evidence from Tanzania," IZA Discussion Papers 11233, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kafle,Kashi Ram & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Winter-Nelson,Alex Eugene & Kafle,Kashi Ram & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Winter-Nelson,Alex Eugene, 2017. "Do different types of assets have differential effects on child education ? evidence from Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8071, The World Bank.
- Kafle, Kashi R. & Dean, Jolliffe, 2015. "Effects of asset ownership on child health indicators and educational performance in Tanzania," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205687, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Christina Paxson & Norbert Schady, 2007.
"Cognitive Development among Young Children in Ecuador: The Roles of Wealth, Health, and Parenting,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(1).
- Christina Paxson & Norbert Schady, 2005. "Cognitive Development Among Young Children in Ecuador: The Roles of Wealth, Health and Parenting," Working Papers 239, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Paxson, Christina & Schady, Norbert, 2005. "Cognitive development among young children in Ecuador : the roles of wealth, health and parenting," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3605, The World Bank.
- Shivani A. Patel & Susan G. Sherman & Subarna K. Khatry & Steven C. LeClerq & Joanne Katz & James M. Tielsch & Parul Christian, 2016. "An Index of Community-Level Socioeconomic Composition for Global Health Research," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 639-658, November.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate smart agriculture; Prioritization; Context-specific; Participatory; Mixed-method approach;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:151:y:2017:i:c:p:192-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.