Evaluation of effects of cotton policy changes on land and water use in Uzbekistan: Application of a bio-economic farm model at the level of a water users association
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nodir DJANIBEKOV, 2008. "A Micro-Economic Analysis of Farm Restructuring in Khorezm Region, Uzbekistan," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 1, pages 19-24.
- Kienzler, Kirsten M. & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A., 2011. "An agronomic, economic and behavioral analysis of N application to cotton and wheat in post-Soviet Uzbekistan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(5), pages 411-418, June.
- Inna Rudenko & John P A Lamers & Ulrike Grote, 2009. "Can Uzbek Farmers get More for their Cotton?," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(2), pages 283-296, April.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2000.
"Agrarian Reform in Uzbekistan: Why Has the Chinese Model Failed to Deliver?,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 269-284, January.
- Richard Pomfret, 1998. "Agrarian Reform in Uzbekistan: Why Has the Chinese Model Failed to Deliver?," School of Economics Working Papers 1998-16, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Ernst Lutz, 1992. "Agricultural trade liberalization, price changes, and environmental effects," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 79-89, January.
- Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard, 2004. "Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 519-536, March.
- Sommer, Rolf & Djanibekov, Nodir & Salaev, Omonbek, 2010. "Optimization of land and resource use at farm-aggregated level in the Aral Sea Basin of Uzbekistan with the integrated model FLEOM – model description and first application," Discussion Papers 92546, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T. S., 2003.
"Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?,"
Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 39-50, January.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 28(1), January.
- Cai, Ximing & McKinney, Daene C. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2003. "Sustainability analysis for irrigation water management in the Aral Sea region," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1043-1066, June.
- LERMAN, Zvi, 2009. "Land reform, farm structure, and agricultural performance in CIS countries," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 316-326, June.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Khamzina, Asia & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A., 2012. "How attractive are short-term CDM forestations in arid regions? The case of irrigated croplands in Uzbekistan," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 108-117.
- Sulser, T. B. & Duryea, M. L. & Frolich, L. M. & Guevara-Cuaspud, E., 2001. "A field practical approach for assessing biophysical sustainability of alternative agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 113-135, May.
- Goletti, Francesco & Chabot, Philippe, 2000. "Food policy research for improving the reform of agricultural input and output markets in Central Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 661-679, December.
- Bland, W. L., 1999. "Toward integrated assessment in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 157-167, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Khamzina, Asia & Villamor, Grace B. & Lamers, John P.A., 2013. "Economic analysis of afforestation of marginal croplands in Uzbekistan," International Conference and Young Researchers Forum - Natural Resource Use in Central Asia: Institutional Challenges and the Contribution of Capacity Building 159089, University of Giessen (JLU Giessen), Center for International Development and Environmental Research.
- Mori-Clement, Yadira & Bhaduri, Anik & Djanibekov, Nodir, 2014. "Food price fluctuations in Uzbekistan: Evidences from local markets in 2002-2010," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 183091, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Finger, Robert, 2015. "The effects of variability under farm land consolidation process: A perspective of cotton-growing farmers in Uzbekistan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211829, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Khasanov, Shavkat & Djanibekov, Nodir, 2015. "Improving Cotton Production and Crop Diversification in Uzbekistan: Tradable Cotton Production Targets," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211841, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chopin, Pierre & Doré, Thierry & Guindé, Loïc & Blazy, Jean-Marc, 2015. "MOSAICA: A multi-scale bioeconomic model for the design and ex ante assessment of cropping system mosaics," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 26-39.
- repec:zbw:espost:176543 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhaduri, Anik & Djanibekov, Nodir, 2015. "Adoption of Water-Efficient Technology: Role of Water Price Flexibility, Tenure Uncerntainty and Production Targets in Uzbekistan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211336, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:zbw:espost:171321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djanibekov, Nodir & Djanibekov, Utkur & Sommer, Rolf & Petrick, Martin, 2015. "Cooperative agricultural production to exploit individual heterogeneity under a delivery target: The case of cotton in Uzbekistan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1-13.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural policy analysis; Cotton targets; Food grain production; Farm incomes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:118:y:2013:i:c:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .