Evaluation of effects of cotton policy changes on land and water use in Uzbekistan: Application of a bio-economic farm model at the level of a water users association
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cai, Ximing & McKinney, Daene C. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2003. "Sustainability analysis for irrigation water management in the Aral Sea region," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1043-1066, June.
- LERMAN, Zvi, 2009. "Land reform, farm structure, and agricultural performance in CIS countries," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 316-326, June.
- Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard, 2004. "Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 519-536, March.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2000.
"Agrarian Reform in Uzbekistan: Why Has the Chinese Model Failed to Deliver?,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 269-284, January.
- Richard Pomfret, 1998. "Agrarian Reform in Uzbekistan: Why Has the Chinese Model Failed to Deliver?," School of Economics Working Papers 1998-16, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Kienzler, Kirsten M. & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A., 2011. "An agronomic, economic and behavioral analysis of N application to cotton and wheat in post-Soviet Uzbekistan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(5), pages 411-418, June.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T. S., 2003.
"Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?,"
Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 39-50, January.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 28(1), January.
- Sulser, T. B. & Duryea, M. L. & Frolich, L. M. & Guevara-Cuaspud, E., 2001. "A field practical approach for assessing biophysical sustainability of alternative agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 113-135, May.
- Inna Rudenko & John P A Lamers & Ulrike Grote, 2009. "Can Uzbek Farmers get More for their Cotton?," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(2), pages 283-296, April.
- Ernst Lutz, 1992. "Agricultural trade liberalization, price changes, and environmental effects," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 79-89, January.
- Sommer, Rolf & Djanibekov, Nodir & Salaev, Omonbek, 2010. "Optimization of land and resource use at farm-aggregated level in the Aral Sea Basin of Uzbekistan with the integrated model FLEOM – model description and first application," Discussion Papers 92546, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Goletti, Francesco & Chabot, Philippe, 2000. "Food policy research for improving the reform of agricultural input and output markets in Central Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 661-679, December.
- Nodir DJANIBEKOV, 2008. "A Micro-Economic Analysis of Farm Restructuring in Khorezm Region, Uzbekistan," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 1, pages 19-24.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Khamzina, Asia & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A., 2012. "How attractive are short-term CDM forestations in arid regions? The case of irrigated croplands in Uzbekistan," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 108-117.
- Bland, W. L., 1999. "Toward integrated assessment in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 157-167, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khasanov, Shavkat & Djanibekov, Nodir, 2015. "Improving Cotton Production and Crop Diversification in Uzbekistan: Tradable Cotton Production Targets," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211841, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Finger, Robert, 2015. "The effects of variability under farm land consolidation process: A perspective of cotton-growing farmers in Uzbekistan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211829, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bhaduri, Anik & Djanibekov, Nodir, 2015. "Adoption of Water-Efficient Technology: Role of Water Price Flexibility, Tenure Uncerntainty and Production Targets in Uzbekistan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211336, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chopin, Pierre & Doré, Thierry & Guindé, Loïc & Blazy, Jean-Marc, 2015. "MOSAICA: A multi-scale bioeconomic model for the design and ex ante assessment of cropping system mosaics," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 26-39.
- Mori-Clement, Yadira & Bhaduri, Anik & Djanibekov, Nodir, 2014. "Food price fluctuations in Uzbekistan: Evidences from local markets in 2002-2010," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 183091, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Khamzina, Asia & Villamor, Grace B. & Lamers, John P.A., 2013. "Economic analysis of afforestation of marginal croplands in Uzbekistan," International Conference and Young Researchers Forum - Natural Resource Use in Central Asia: Institutional Challenges and the Contribution of Capacity Building 159089, University of Giessen (JLU Giessen), Center for International Development and Environmental Research.
- Djanibekov, Nodir & Djanibekov, Utkur & Sommer, Rolf & Petrick, Martin, 2015. "Cooperative agricultural production to exploit individual heterogeneity under a delivery target: The case of cotton in Uzbekistan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1-13.
- repec:zbw:espost:171321 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural policy analysis; Cotton targets; Food grain production; Farm incomes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:118:y:2013:i:c:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.