Improving irrigated rice production in the Senegal River Valley through experiential learning and innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice, 2007. "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 663-686, April.
- Demont, Matty & Dillen, Koen & Daems, Wim & Sausse, Christophe & Tollens, Eric & Mathijs, Erik, 2009. "On the proportionality of EU spatial ex ante coexistence regulations," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 508-518, December.
- Tsujimoto, Yasuhiro & Horie, Takeshi & Randriamihary, Hamon & Shiraiwa, Tatsuhiko & Homma, Koki, 2009. "Soil management: The key factors for higher productivity in the fields utilizing the system of rice intensification (SRI) in the central highland of Madagascar," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 100(1-3), pages 61-71, April.
- Senthilkumar, K. & Bindraban, P.S. & Thiyagarajan, T.M. & de Ridder, N. & Giller, K.E., 2008. "Modified rice cultivation in Tamil Nadu, India: Yield gains and farmers' (lack of) acceptance," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 82-94, September.
- Yann de Mey & Matty Demont & Mandiaye Diagne, 2012. "Estimating Bird Damage to Rice in Africa: Evidence from the Senegal River Valley," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 175-200, February.
- Pretty, Jules N., 1995. "Participatory learning for sustainable agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Seck, Papa A. & Tollens, Eric & Wopereis, Marco C.S. & Diagne, Aliou & Bamba, Ibrahim, 2010. "Rising trends and variability of rice prices: Threats and opportunities for sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 403-411, October.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "The disappointing adoption dynamics of a yield-increasing, low external-input technology: the case of SRI in Madagascar," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1085-1100, June.
- Sinha, Shekhar Kumar & Talati, Jayesh, 2007. "Productivity impacts of the system of rice intensification (SRI): A case study in West Bengal, India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 55-60, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nhamo, Nhamo & Rodenburg, Jonne & Zenna, Negussie & Makombe, Godswill & Luzi-Kihupi, Ashura, 2014. "Narrowing the rice yield gap in East and Southern Africa: Using and adapting existing technologies," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 45-55.
- Nascimento, A.K & Schwartz, R.C. & Lima, F.A & López-Mata, E. & Domínguez, A. & Izquiel, A. & Tarjuelo, J.M & Martínez-Romero, A, 2019. "Effects of irrigation uniformity on yield response and production economics of maize in a semiarid zone," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 178-189.
- Karam, F. & Amacha, N. & Fahed, S. & EL Asmar, T. & Domínguez, A., 2014. "Response of potato to full and deficit irrigation under semiarid climate: Agronomic and economic implications," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 144-151.
- Tariq, Azeem & de Neergaard, Andreas & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Sander, Bjoern Ole & Trinh, Mai Van & Vu, Quynh Duong & Wassmann, Reiner & de Tourdonnet, Stephane, 2018. "Co-design and assessment of mitigation practices in rice production systems: A case study in northern Vietnam," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 72-82.
- Krupnik, Timothy J. & Rodenburg, Jonne & Haden, Van Ryan & Mbaye, Doudou & Shennan, Carol, 2012. "Genotypic trade-offs between water productivity and weed competition under the System of Rice Intensification in the Sahel," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 156-166.
More about this item
KeywordsSystem of Rice Intensification; Best Management Practices; Water-saving; Weed management; Farmer Field School; Action research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:109:y:2012:i:c:p:101-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.