Using critical systems thinking to foster an integrated approach to sustainability: a proposal for development practitioners
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ison, R. L. & Maiteny, P. T. & Carr, S., 1997. "Systems methodologies for sustainable natural resources research and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 257-272.
- Van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice, 2007. "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 663-686, April.
- Conway, Gordon R., 1987. "The properties of agroecosystems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 95-117.
- Pretty, Jules N., 1995. "Participatory learning for sustainable agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Meppem, Tony & Gill, Roderic, 1998. "Planning for sustainability as a learning concept," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 121-137, August.
- C. West Churchman, 1970. "Operations Research as a Profession," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 37-53.
- Ulrich, Werner, 1987. "Critical heuristics of social systems design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 276-283, September.
- Janice Jiggins, Niels Roling, 2000. "Adaptive management: potential and limitations for ecological governance," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 28-42.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nam C. Nguyen & Ockie J. H. Bosch, 2014. "The Art of Interconnected Thinking: Starting with the Young," Challenges, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-21, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCritical systems thinking; Ethics; Integrated approaches; Sustainability; Development practice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:13:y:2011:i:1:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .