Measuring Empowerment : Cross Disciplinary Perspectives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Devesh Kapur, 2001. "Expansive agendas and weak instruments: governance related conditionalities of international financial institutions," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 207-241.
- Devesh KAPUR & Richard WEBB, 2000. "Governance-Related Conditionalities Of The International Financial Institutions," G-24 Discussion Papers 6, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Joe Foweraker & Roman Krznaric, 2000. "Measuring Liberal Democratic Performance: an Empirical and Conceptual Critique," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 48(4), pages 759-787, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:asi:ijoass:2017:p:570-583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cyril Fouillet & Marek Hudon & Barbara Harriss-White & James Copestake, 2013. "Microfinance Studies: Introduction and Overview," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(sup1), pages 1-16, August.
- Alkire, Sabina & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Peterman, Amber & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Seymour, Greg & Vaz, Ana, 2012. "The Womenâ€™s Empowerment in Agriculture Index:," IFPRI discussion papers 1240, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Friis-Hansen, Esbern & Duveskog, Deborah, 2012. "The Empowerment Route to Well-being: An Analysis of Farmer Field Schools in East Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 414-427.
- Sabina Alkire, 2007. "The Missing Dimensions of Poverty Data: Introduction to the Special Issue," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 347-359.
- Alkire, Sabina & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Peterman, Amber & Quisumbing, Agnes & Seymour, Greg & Vaz, Ana, 2013. "The Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 71-91.
- Gibson, Christopher & Woolcock, Michael, 2005. "Empowerment and local level conflict mediation in Indonesia : a comparative analysis of concepts, measures, and project efficacy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3713, The World Bank.
- Ragui Assaad & Hanan Nazier & Racha Ramadan, 2014. "Individual and Households Determinants of Women Empowerment: Application to the Case of Egypt," Working Papers 867, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Wouterse, Fleur Stephanie, 2016. "The distribution of power and household behavior: Evidence from Niger:," IFPRI discussion papers 1548, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Elizaveta Perova & Renos Vakis, 2013.
"Improving Gender and Development Outcomes through Agency : Policy Lessons from Three Peruvian Experiences
[Promoviendo la capacidad de decidir y actuar : una ruta hacia políticas más efectivas]," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16259, The World Bank.
- Klein, Elise, 2014. "Psychological Agency: Evidence from the Urban Fringe of Bamako," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 642-653.
- Tania Burchardt & Martin Evans & Holly Holder, 2013. "Public policy and inequalities of choice and autonomy," CASE Papers case174, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- repec:taf:oxdevs:v:44:y:2016:i:2:p:135-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sharmistha Self & Richard Grabowski, 2013. "Female Autonomy In Rural North India: Impact Of Economic, Social, And Political Factors," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 59-82, March.
- Gabriel Ferrero Y de Loma-Osorio & Carlos Salvador Zepeda, 2014. "Rethinking Development Management Methodology: Towards a "Process Freedoms Approach"," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 28-46, January.
- Victor Lavy & Giulia Lotti & Zizhong Yan, 2016. "Empowering Mothers and Enhancing Early Childhood Investment: Effect on Adults Outcomes and Children Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills," NBER Working Papers 22963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cindy Yunhsin Chou & Soe-Tsyr Yuan, 2015. "Service-driven social community and its relation to well-being," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(7-8), pages 368-387, May.
- Elise Klein, 2014. "PsychologicaL Agency: Evidence from the Urban Fringe of Bamako," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp069, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sato, Mine, 2016. "Empowerment through Enhancing Agency:Bridging Practice and Theory through Crystallizing Wisdom of a Third-Country Expert," Working Papers 129, JICA Research Institute.
- Caroline Moser & Anis A. Dani, 2008. "Assets, Livelihoods, and Social Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6542.
- Sara Johansson de Silva & Pierella Paci & Josefina Posadas, 2015. "A checklist to avoid pilot failures: lessons from a set of women's economic empowerment initiatives," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 90-110, March.
- Pratley, Pierre, 2016. "Associations between quantitative measures of women's empowerment and access to care and health status for mothers and their children: A systematic review of evidence from the developing world," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 119-131.
- Philippa Venning, 2010. "Marrying Contested Approaches: Empowerment and the Imposition of International Principles: Domestic Violence Case Resolution in Indonesia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 397-416.
- Francesco Burchi & Sara Vicari, 2014. "To Be or Not to Be a Member of a Primary Co-operative in Brazil: Any Difference in Household Decision-Making and Gender Equality?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 343-364, September.
- Victor, Bart & Fischer, Edward F. & Cooil, Bruce & Vergara, Alfredo & Mukolo, Abraham & Blevins, Meridith, 2013. "Frustrated Freedom: The Effects of Agency and Wealth on Wellbeing in Rural Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 30-41.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty Reduction - Rural Poverty Reduction Social Development - Civil Society Governance - Governance Indicators Rural Development - Regional Rural Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:7441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .