Hedging Petroleum Futures with Multivariate GARCH Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Myers, Robert J., 2002.
"Testing for constant hedge ratios in commodity markets: a multivariate GARCH approach,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 589-603, December.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Robert J. Myers, 2001. "Testing for Constant Hedge Ratios in Commodity Markets: A Multivariate GARCH Approach," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-wp268, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Myers, Robert J., 2002. "Testing for Constant Hedge Ratios in Commodity Markets: A Multivariate Garch Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1945, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kroner, Kenneth F & Ng, Victor K, 1998. "Modeling Asymmetric Comovements of Asset Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 817-844.
- Kuper, Gerard H. & Lestano, 2007.
"Dynamic conditional correlation analysis of financial market interdependence: An application to Thailand and Indonesia,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 670-684, August.
- Kuper, Gerard H. & Lestano, 2006. "Dynamic conditional correlation analysis of financial market interdependence: An application to Thailand and Indonesia," CCSO Working Papers 200602, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Haigh, Michael S. & Holt, Matthew T., 2002. "Hedging Foreign Currency, Freight And Commodity Futures Portfolios: A Note," Working Papers 28573, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kent D. Daniel, 2001. "Overconfidence, Arbitrage, and Equilibrium Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 921-965, June.
- Christodoulakis, George A., 2007. "Common volatility and correlation clustering in asset returns," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(3), pages 1263-1284, November.
- Tse, Y. K., 2000.
"A test for constant correlations in a multivariate GARCH model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 107-127, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Tse's constant correlation GARCH test results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00161, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "TSECCTEST: RATS procedure to perform Tse test for constant correlation in MV-GARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTS00214, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Param Silvapulle & Imad A. Moosa, 1999. "The relationship between spot and futures prices: Evidence from the crude oil market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 175-193, April.
- Plourde, André & Watkins, G. C., 1998. "Crude oil prices between 1985 and 1994: how volatile in relation to other commodities?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 245-262, September.
- Emilio Peroni & Robert McNown, 1998. "Noninformative and informative tests of efficiency in three energy futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 939-964, December.
- Sercan Demiralay & Hatice Gaye Gencer, 2014. "Volatility Transmissions between Oil Prices and Emerging Market Sectors: Implications for Portfolio Management and Hedging Strategies," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 442-447.
- Alizadeh, Amir H. & Nomikos, Nikos K. & Pouliasis, Panos K., 2008. "A Markov regime switching approach for hedging energy commodities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1970-1983, September.
- Lee, Hsiu-Yun & Chen, Show-Lin, 2006. "Why use Markov-switching models in exchange rate prediction?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 662-668, July.
- William J. Crowder & Anas Hamed, 1993. "A cointegration test for oil futures market efficiency," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 933-941, December.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Yuan, Yuan, 2008. "Metal volatility in presence of oil and interest rate shocks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 606-620, March.
- Amir Alizadeh & Nikos Nomikos, 2004. "A Markov regime switching approach for hedging stock indices," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 649-674, July.
- Michael S. Haigh & Matthew T. Holt, 2002. "Hedging foreign currency, freight, and commodity futures portfolios—A note," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(12), pages 1205-1221, December.
- April Knill & Kristina Minnick & Ali Nejadmalayeri, 2006. "Selective Hedging, Information Asymmetry, and Futures Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1475-1502, May.
- Imad A. Moosa & Nabeel E. Al‐Loughani, 1995. "The effectiveness of arbitrage and speculation in the crude oil futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 167-186, April.
- Lin, Sharon Xiaowen & Tamvakis, Michael N., 2001. "Spillover effects in energy futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Malik, Ali Khalil, 2005. "European exchange rate volatility dynamics: an empirical investigation," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 187-215, January.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Nadhem Selmi & Nejib Hachicha, 2014. "Were Oil Price Markets the Source of Credit Crisis in European Countries? Evidence Using a VAR-MGARCH-DCC Model," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 169-177.
- Sebastian Edwards & Raul Susmel, 2003. "Interest-Rate Volatility in Emerging Markets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 328-348, May.
- Sheng-Yung Yang, 2005. "A DCC analysis of international stock market correlations: the role of Japan on the Asian Four Tigers," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 89-93, March.
- Emese Lazar & Carol Alexander, 2006. "Normal mixture GARCH(1,1): applications to exchange rate modelling," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 307-336.
- Bradley Ewing & Cynthia Lay Harter, 2000. "Co-movements of Alaska North Slope and UK Brent crude oil prices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(8), pages 553-558.
- Yen-Hsien Lee & Ya-Ling Huang & Chun-Yu Wu, 2014. "Dynamic Correlations and Volatility Spillovers between Crude Oil and Stock Index Returns: The Implications for Optimal Portfolio Construction," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 327-336.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tanattrin Bunnag, 2015. "Volatility Transmission in Oil Futures Markets and Carbon Emissions Futures," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 647-659.
- Tanattrin Bunnag, 2016. "Volatility Transmission in Crude Oil, Gold, Standard and Poor’s 500 and US Dollar Index Futures using Vector Autoregressive Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Model," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 39-52.
More about this item
KeywordsThe petroleum futures volatility; comovements and spillovers; multivariate GARCH models; optimal portfolio weights; hedging ratios;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ2:2015-01-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.