Long-run Validity of Export-Led Growth: An Empirical Reinvestigation from Linear and Nonlinear Cointegration Test
This study is able to uncover long-run cointegration relationship for Singapore and South Korea, based on the Breitung (2001) rank test procedures. Breitung (2001) rank test can detect both linear and nonlinear cointegration relationships, added value to the literature with strong evidences of nonlinear cointegration on GDP growth and export.
Volume (Year): 30 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Titus Awokuse, 2005.
"Export-led growth and the Japanese economy: evidence from VAR and directed acyclic graphs,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(14), pages 849-858.
- Titus Awokuse, 2006. "Export-led growth and the Japanese economy: evidence from VAR and directed acyclic graphs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 593-602.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Dierk Herzer, 2006.
"Export-led growth hypothesis: evidence for Chile,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 319-324.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Dierk Herzer, 2005. "Export-led growth hypothesis: Evidence for Chile," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 112, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "Finite-Sample Sizes of Johansen's Likelihood Ration Tests for Conintegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(3), pages 313-28, August.
- Breitung, Jorg, 2001.
"Rank Tests for Nonlinear Cointegration,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 331-40, July.
- Johansen, S., 1991.
"Determination of Cointegration Rank in the Presence of a Linear Trend,"
76a, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Determination of Cointegration Rank in the Presence of a Linear Trend," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 383-97, August.
- Subrata Ghatak & Chris Milner & Utku Utkulu, 1997. "Exports, export composition and growth : cointegration and causality evidence for Malaysia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 213-223.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B, 1998.
"Free Trade, Growth, and Convergence,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 143-70, June.
- Love, Jim & Chandra, Ramesh, 2005. "Testing export-led growth in Bangladesh in a multivarate VAR framework," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1155-1168, January.
- Titus Awokuse, 2005. "Exports, economic growth and causality in Korea," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(11), pages 693-696.
- Jung, Woo S. & Marshall, Peyton J., 1985. "Exports, growth and causality in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-12.
- Xiao-Ming Li, 2006. "A Revisit Of International Stock Market Linkages: New Evidence From Rank Tests For Nonlinear Cointegration," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(2), pages 174-197, 05.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Tai-Hsin Huang & Mei-Hui Wang, 2007. "A test for the export-led growth hypothesis in possibly integrated vector autoregressions," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(13), pages 999-1003.
- Dawson, P.J., 2006. "The export-income relationship and trade liberalisation in Bangladesh," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 889-896, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-09-00693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.