Hedonic Models and Pre-Auction Estimates: Abstract Art Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 23-36.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 1997. "Declining Values and the Afternoon Effect: Evidence from Art Auctions," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 544-565.
- Clare M D'Souza & David Prentice, 2001.
"Auctioneer Strategy and Pricing: Evidence from an Art Auction,"
2001.05 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Clare M D'Souza & David Prentice, 2001. "Auctioneer Strategy and Pricing: Evidence from an Art Auction," Working Papers 2001.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- BAUWENS, Luc & GINSBURGH, Victor, 2000.
"Art experts and auctions are pre-sale estimates unbiased and fully informative?,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1485, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luc BAUWENS & Victor GINSBURGH, 2000. "Art experts and auctions Are pre-sale estimates unbiased and fully informative?," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2000022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Victor Ginsburgh & Luc Bauwens, 2000. "Art experts and auctions :are pre-sale estimates unbiased and fully informative," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/152099, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Ekelund & Rand Ressler & John Watson, 1998. "Estimates, Bias and “No Sales” in Latin-American Art Auctions, 1977–1996," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 33-42.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2005. "Vested Interest and Biased Price Estimates: Evidence from an Auction Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2409-2435, October.
- Beggs, A. & Graddy, K., 1996. "Declining Values and the Afternoon Effect: Evidence from Art Auctions," Economics Series Working Papers 99184, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1996. "Auction Theory and Practice Evidence from the Market for Jewellery," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96b05, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Corinna Czujack & Maria Fraga Martins, 2004. "Do art specialists form unbiased pre-sale estimates? An application for Picasso paintings," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 245-249.
- Werner Pommerehne & Lars Feld, 1997. "The Impact of Museum Purchase on the Auction Prices of Paintings," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 249-271.
- Richard J. Agnello, 2002. "Investment Returns and Risk for Art: Evidence from Auctions of American Paintings," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 443-463, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ünsal Özdilek, 2013. "Visual autocorrelation of prices," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 203-223.
- François Maréchal & Pierre-Henri Morand, 2012.
"The public release of information in first-price sealed-bid auctions,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, pages 323-330.
- François Marechal & Pierre-Henri Morand, 2012. "The public release of information in first-price sealed-bid auctions," Post-Print hal-01313434, HAL.
- François Marechal & Pierre-Henri Morand, 2012. "The public release of information in first-price sealed-bid auctions," Post-Print hal-01313411, HAL.
- Bruno, Brunella & Garcia-Appendini, Emilia & Nocera, Giacomo, 2016. "Experience and Brokerage in Asset Markets: Evidence from Art Auctions," Working Papers on Finance 1605, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Ventura Charlin & Arturo Cifuentes, 2013. "A new financial metric for the art market," Papers 1309.6929, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2015.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0008-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-06z10132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.