`Brain drain' without migration: Capital market integration and capital-skill complementarities
We analyze the impacts of capital market integration on the skill composition of labor, using a framework in which heterogeneous agents decide to invest in the acquisition of skills and where production exhibits increasing returns in the available skill range (i.e., capital-skill complementarity).
Volume (Year): 18 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zodrow, George R, 2003. "Tax Competition and Tax Coordination in the European Union," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 10(6), pages 651-71, November.
- Yasuhiro Sato & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2006.
"Competing for capital when labor is heterogeneous,"
CIRJE-F-456, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- SATO, Yasuhiro & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 2005. "Competing for capital when labor is heterogeneous," CORE Discussion Papers 2005061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Yasuhiro, SATO & Jacques-FranÃ§ois, THISSE, 2005. "Competing for capital when labor is heterogeneous," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005045, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Sato, Yasuhiro & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2007. "Competing for Capital When Labour is Heterogeneous," CEPR Discussion Papers 6186, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
CID Working Papers
42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-63, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Baldwin; Paul Krugman, 2001.
"Agglomeration, Integration and Tax Harmonization,"
IHEID Working Papers
01-2001, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Baldwin, Richard & Krugman, Paul, 2000. "Agglomeration, Integration and Tax Harmonization," CEPR Discussion Papers 2630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 2002. "Agglomeration, Integration and Tax Harmonization," NBER Working Papers 9290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & van Ypersele, Tanguy, 2005. "Market size and tax competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-46, September.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Skilled Migration: The Perspective of Developing Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2873, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2007. "Skilled migration: the perspective of developing countries," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0710, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2004. "Skilled migration: the perspective of developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3382, The World Bank.
- Frederic, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2007. "Silled migration : the perspectives of developing countries," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2007017, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Wilson, John Douglas & Wildasin, David E., 2004. "Capital tax competition: bane or boon," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 1065-1091, June.
- Rikard Forslid & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2003. "An analytically solvable core-periphery model," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 229-240, July.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-06r10001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.