Merchandise Export Demand Function For Egypt: A Panel Data Analysis
This study empirically estimates the critical parameters of merchandise export demand function for Egypt by using annual time series-cross section data (1990-2008) and by applying fixed effects model. The empirical results confirm that there exists a significant relationship among the real value of merchandise exports for Egypt and trade partner's real income, relative export price, and trade partner's real exchange rates. Our estimation results show that all variables have a significant relation and its theoretical expected sign (positive for both real income and real exchange rate but negative for relative price), and the elasticities of real income, relative price and real exchange rate are smaller than unity.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jamal HUSEIN, 2008. "Traditional Export Demand Relation: A Cointegration and Parameter Constancy Analysis," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(2).
- Augustine C. Arize, 2001. "Traditional export demand relation and parameter instability: An empirical investigation," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(6), pages 378-396, October.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa, 2002. "Econometric Models of Foreign Trade in OECD Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(2), pages 65-81.
- KHEDHIRI, Sami & BOUAZIZI, Tarek, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis Of The Demand Elasticity For Tunisian Exports," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 7(1).
- repec:pal:imfstp:v:42:y:1995:i:2:p:290-312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shahe Emran, M. & Shilpi, Forhad, 1996. "Foreign exchange rationing and the aggregate import demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 315-322, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:aeinde:v:12:y:2012:i:1_8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.