Foreign Direct Investment-Growth Nexus in Emerging Markets: does Human Capital Development Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2007.
"When Does FDI Have Positive Spillovers? Evidence from 17 Emerging Market Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6546, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2007. "When Does FDI Have Positive Spillovers? Evidence from 17 Emerging Market Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 3079, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- T. W. Swan, 1956. "ECONOMIC GROWTH and CAPITAL ACCUMULATION," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 334-361, November.
- Glauco de Vita & Khine Kyaw, 2009. "Growth effects of FDI and portfolio investment flows to developing countries: a disaggregated analysis by income levels," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 277-283.
- Heng Jiang & Chunlu Liu, 2014. "A panel vector error correction approach to forecasting demand in regional construction markets," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1205-1221, December.
- Fu, Xiaolan & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Soete, Luc, 2011. "The Role of Foreign Technology and Indigenous Innovation in the Emerging Economies: Technological Change and Catching-up," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1204-1212, July.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Romm, A.T., 2006.
"Growth impact and determinants of foreign direct investment into South Africa, 1956-2003,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 738-760, September.
- Johannes Fedderke & A.T. Romm, 2004. "Growth Impact and Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment into South Africa, 1956-2003," Working Papers 12, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B, 1998. "Free Trade, Growth, and Convergence," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 143-170, June.
- Oliver D. Hart, 1983. "The Market Mechanism as an Incentive Scheme," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 366-382, Autumn.
- Eller, Markus & Haiss, Peter & Steiner, Katharina, 2006. "Foreign direct investment in the financial sector and economic growth in Central and Eastern Europe: The crucial role of the efficiency channel," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 300-319, December.
- Nicholas Apergis & Katerina Lyroudi & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2008. "The relationship between foreign direct investment and economic growth: evidence from transition countries," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(1), pages 37-51, July.
- VINTILĂ Denisia, 2010. "Foreign Direct Investment Theories: An Overview of the Main FDI Theories," European Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, Bucharest Economic Academy, issue 02, June.
- Alguacil, M. & Cuadros, A. & Orts, V., 2011. "Inward FDI and growth: The role of macroeconomic and institutional environment," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 481-496, May.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Temiz, Dilek & Gökmen, Aytaç, 2014. "FDI inflow as an international business operation by MNCs and economic growth: An empirical study on Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 145-154.
- Schreft, Stacey L. & Smith, Bruce D., 1997. "Money, Banking, and Capital Formation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 157-182, March.
- Chakraborty, Chandana & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2008. "Economic Reforms, FDI, and Economic Growth in India: A Sector Level Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1192-1212, July.
- Balassa, Bela, 1978. "Exports and economic growth : Further evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-189, June.
- repec:eee:joecas:v:12:y:2015:i:2:p:124-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buckley, Peter J. & Wang, Chengqi & Clegg, Jeremy, 2007. "The impact of foreign ownership, local ownership and industry characteristics on spillover benefits from foreign direct investment in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 142-158, April.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Klara Sabirianova Peter & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 2012.
"Foreign Investment, Corporate Ownership, and Development: Are Firms in Emerging Markets Catching Up to the World Standard?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 981-999, November.
- Klara Sabirianova & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 2005. "Foreign Investment, Corporate Ownership, and Development:Are Firms in Emerging Markets Catching Up to the World Standard?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp734, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Peter, Klara Sabirianova & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2005. "Foreign Investment, Corporate Ownership, and Development: Are Firms in Emerging Markets Catching Up to the World Standard?," IZA Discussion Papers 1457, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sabirianova Peter, Klara & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2005. "Foreign Investment, Corporate Ownership, and Development: Are Firms in Emerging Markets Catching Up to the World Standard?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4868, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adams, Samuel, 2009. "Foreign Direct investment, domestic investment, and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 939-949, November.
- E. M. Ekanayake & John R. Ledgerwood, 2010. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Growth In Developing Countries? An Empirical Investigation," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 4(3), pages 43-53.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Omri, Anis & kahouli, Bassem, 2014. "The nexus among foreign investment, domestic capital and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 257-263.
- Singh, Tarlok, 2010. "Does domestic saving cause economic growth? A time-series evidence from India," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 231-253, March.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; Growth; Human Capital Development; Emerging Markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dug:actaec:y:2017:i:6:p:174-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniela Robu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fedanro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.