The Gamma Factors and the Value of Financial Advice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Claude Montmarquette & Nathalie Viennot-Briot, 2016. "The Gamma Factor and the Value of Financial Advice," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-35, CIRANO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angela A. Hung & Joanne Yoong, 2010. "Asking for Help: Survey And Experimental Evidence on Financial Advice And Behavior Change," Working Papers 714-1, RAND Corporation.
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michael & Jappelli, Tullio, 2012.
"Financial advisors: A case of babysitters?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 509-524.
- Andreas Hackethal & Michael Haliassos & Tullio Jappelli, 2009. "Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/04, Center for Financial Studies.
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michael & Jappelli, Tullio, 2009. "Financial advisors: A case of babysitters?," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michalis & Jappelli, Tullio, 2009. "Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7235, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andreas Hackethal & Michael Haliassos & Tullio Jappelli, 2009. "Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?," CSEF Working Papers 219, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 03 Mar 2011.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Andreas Hackethal & Simon Kaesler & Benjamin Loos & Steffen Meyer, 2012. "Is Unbiased Financial Advice to Retail Investors Sufficient? Answers from a Large Field Study," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 975-1032.
- Susan E. K. Christoffersen & Richard Evans & David K. Musto, 2013. "What Do Consumers’ Fund Flows Maximize? Evidence from Their Brokers’ Incentives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(1), pages 201-235, February.
- Hermansson, Cecilia & Song, Han-Suck, 2016. "Financial advisory services meetings and their impact on saving behavior â€“ A difference-in-difference analysis," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 131-139.
- Smith, V. Kerry, 1976. "On the Use of Two-Stage Least Squares in Financial Models: A Comment," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 505-509, September.
- Shawn Cole & Anna Paulson & Gauri Kartini Shastry, 2014. "Smart Money? The Effect of Education on Financial Outcomes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(7), pages 2022-2051.
- Marc M. Kramer, 2012. "Financial Advice and Individual Investor Portfolio Performance," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 395-428, June.
- Claude Montmarquette & Nathalie Viennot-Briot, 2015. "The Value of Financial Advice," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 16(1), pages 69-94, May.
- Cathleen Johnson & Claude Montmarquette, 2015.
"The lack of loan aversion among Canadian high school students,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 585-611, May.
- Cathleen Johnson & Claude Montmarquette, 2015. "The lack of loan aversion among Canadian high school students," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 48(2), pages 585-611, May.
- Sendhil Mullainathan & Markus Noeth & Antoinette Schoar, 2012. "The Market for Financial Advice: An Audit Study," NBER Working Papers 17929, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanne De Laurentiis, 2019. "Ripe for Reform: Modernizing the Regulation of Financial Advice," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 556, October.
- Chuck Grace, 2019. "Next-Gen Financial Advice: Digital Innovation and Canada’s Policymakers," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 538, March.
More about this item
KeywordsThe value of advice; Econometric models; Causality issue; Survival principle;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:journl:y:2019:v:20:i:1:montmarquetteviennot-briot. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emcufcn.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.