Shifting Skill Demand and the Canada-US Unemployment Gap: Evidence from Prime-Age Men
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Peter Kuhn (McMaster) & A. Leslie Robb (McMaster), "undated". "Shifting Skill Demand and the Canada-US Unemployment Gap: Evidence from Prime-Age Men," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 01, McMaster University.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Card & W. Craig Riddell, 1993.
"A Comparative Analysis of Unemployment in Canada and the United States,"
NBER Chapters,in: Small Differences That Matter: Labor Markets and Income Maintenance in Canada and the United States, pages 149-190
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & W. Craig Riddell, 1992. "A Comparative Analysis of Unemployment in Canada and the United States," Working Papers 677, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ross D. Milbourne & Douglas D. Purvis & W. David Scoones, 1991. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Dynamics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(4), pages 804-826, November.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Card, 1986.
"Why Have Unemployment Rates in Canada and the U.S. Diverged?,"
NBER Working Papers
1840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Card, 1986. "Why Have Unemployment Rates in Canada and the U.S. Diverged?," Working Papers 584, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1993. "Inequality and Relative Wages," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 104-109, May.
- David Card & Richard B. Freeman, 1993. "Small Differences That Matter: Labor Markets and Income Maintenance in Canada and the United States," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number card93-1.
- Chinhui Juhn & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 1991. "Why Has the Natural Rate of Unemployment Increased over Time?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 75-142.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1995. "Are Your Wages Set in Beijing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 15-32, Summer.
- Burbidge, John B & Magee, Lonnie & Robb, A Leslie, 1997. "Canadian Wage Inequality over the Last Two Decades," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 181-203.
- repec:fth:prinin:352 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary Burtless, 1998. "Relative Unemployment in Canada and the United States: An Assessment," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(s1), pages 254-263, February.
- Brahim Boudarbat & Thomas Lemieux & W. Craig Riddell, 2010.
"The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2005,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 36(1), pages 63-89, March.
- Boudarbat, Brahim & Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2010. "The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2005," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2010-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 Jan 2010.
- Boudarbat, Brahim & Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2010. "The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2005," IZA Discussion Papers 4809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark D. Partridge, 2001. "Changes in U.S. and Canadian Wage Dynamics in the 1990s: How Unique Are Favorable U.S. Labor Market Developments?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 31(1), pages 71-93, Summer.
- Picot, Garnett, 1998. "What is Happening to Earnings, Inequality and Youth Wages in the 1990s?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1998116e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Osberg, Lars, 1997.
"Economic growth, income distribution and economic welfare in Canada 1975-1994,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 153-166.
- Lars Osberg, 1996. "Economic Growth, Income Distribution and Economic Welfare in Canada 1975-1994," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive econgrow, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Picot, Garnett, 1998. "Le point sur l'inegalite des gains et sur la remuneration des jeunes durant les annees 90," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 1998116f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:24:y:1998:i:s1:p:170-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://economics.ca/cpp/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.