2000-2040 : population active et croissance
We explore the consequences of ageing on the French labour force. Baby-boom generations are going to leave gradually the labour market and will be partially replaced by younger ones. Differences in generations size will have an impact on the dependence ratio and therefore on the potential growth of output per head and on the balance of pension schemes. One of the remedy to labour force deficit could be an increase in participation rates, especially in the oldest and youngest. The progressive suppression of early retirement schemes could rise the participation rate of the oldest, while job-training association could increase the youngest one. According to our central projection, labour force would grow until 2016, before it will fall and reach in 2040 the level it has been in 2000.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/2246 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jørgen Elmeskov & Karl Pichelmann, 1993. "Unemployment and Labour Force Participation: Trends and Cycles," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 130, OECD Publishing.
- Valérie Chauvin, 2000. "Les comptables nationaux s'accordent entre eux. Modification de la comptabilité nationale en France," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 72(1), pages 157-183.
- Elisabeth Algava & Mathieu Plane, 2001.
"Vieillissement et protection sociale : Comparaison de six pays de l'Union européenne,"
- Élisabeth Algava & Mathieu Plane, 2001. "Vieillissement et protection sociale. Comparaison de six pays de l'Union Européenne," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 79(4), pages 261-314.
- Elisabeth Algava & Mathieu Plane, 2001. "Vieillissement et protection sociale : Comparaison de six pays de l'Union européenne," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2246, Sciences Po.
- Alain Jacquot, 1997. "Les flexions des taux d'activité sont-elles seulement conjoncturelles ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 127(1), pages 137-155.
- Elisabeth Algava & Mathieu Plane, 2004.
"Vieillissement et protection sociale en Europe et aux Etats-Unis,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/2882, Sciences Po.
- Elisabeth Algava & Mathieu Plane, 2004. "Vieillissement et protection sociale en Europe et aux Etats-Unis," Post-Print hal-00972790, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reofsp:reof_079_0235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.