Le faible taux d'emploi des seniors. Distance à l'entrée dans la vie active ou distance à la retraite ?
In a recent work (Hairault et al., 2006), we claim that the short distance to retirement constitutes one of the main economic mechanisms behind the low employment rate of older workers. As a result, delaying the retirement age could boost employment at the end of the working life. Our view has been challenged by Benallah et al. (2008) who underline that the distance to retirement found in our previous work could actually reflect the distance from entry (experience effect). In this paper, we propose more convincing identification strategies that tend to strengthen our previous results. JEL classification: J20, J26.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Didier Blanchet & Louis-Paul Pele, 1999.
"Social Security and Retirement in France,"
in: Social Security and Retirement around the World, pages 101-133
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samia Benallah & Cindy Duc & François Legendre, 2008. "Peut-on expliquer le faible taux d'emploi des seniors en France ?," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(2), pages 19-54.
- Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, François & Sopraseuth, Thepthida, 2005.
"Les effets à rebours de l'âge de la retraite sur le taux d'emploi des seniors,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb)
- Jean-Louis Hairault & François Langot & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2007. "Les effets à rebours de l'âge de la retraite sur le taux d'emploi des seniors," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00754240, HAL.
- Jean-Olivier Hairault & François Langot & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2007. "Les effets à rebours de l'âge de la retraite sur le taux d'emploi des seniors," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00178447, HAL.
- repec:cpm:opuscl:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Olivier Hairault & Francois Langot & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2010. "Distance to Retirement and Older Workers' Employment: The Case for Delaying the Retirement Age," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(5), pages 1034-1076, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reofsp:reof_109_0063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.