Retraites : à la recherche de solutions miracles..
The article discusses two recent reform proposals of the French pension system. Piketty and Bozio suggest the introduction of a unified system of individual notional accounts. This system would be automatically in balance, although at the cost of a dramatic fall in pensions’ levels, which would widen as people live longer. Hairault et al. advocate for postponing the retirement age through substantial financial incentives. Both proposals claim they increase the free choice of retirement age and ensure actuarial neutrality, but they do not account for differences in 60 year-old workers’ employability and life expectancy. In basing pensions’ levels on individual choices, the proposals would free the Society and companies of their current responsibilities: ensuring living standards parity between pensioners and workers, ensuring a decent pension to all workers that firms do not want to hire anymore. JEL classification: J26, H55.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Louis Hairault & François Langot & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2007.
"Les effets à rebours de l'âge de la retraite sur le taux d'emploi des seniors,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Jean-Olivier Hairault & François Langot & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2007. "Les effets à rebours de l'âge de la retraite sur le taux d'emploi des seniors," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00178447, HAL.
- Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, François & Sopraseuth, Thepthida, 2005. "Les effets à rebours de l'âge de la retraite sur le taux d'emploi des seniors," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0513, CEPREMAP.
- repec:cpm:opuscl:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:cesptp:hal-00517121 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cpm:opuscl:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Olivier Hairault & François Langot & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2008. "Pour une retraite choisie. L'emploi des séniors," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00311096, HAL.
- Gérard Cornilleau & Henri Sterdyniak & Guillaume Allegre & Jérôme Creel & Sarah Guillou & Sandrine Levasseur & Catherine Mathieu & Frédéric Reynès & Elena Stancanelli & Vincent Touze, 2008. "Emploi des seniors : les leçons des pays de réussite," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6405, Sciences Po.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reofsp:reof_109_0109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.