The communication of foreign products in China through the store: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chaney, Isabella & Gamble, Jos, 2008. "Retail store ownership influences on Chinese consumers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 170-183, April.
- Godey, Bruno & Pederzoli, Daniele & Aiello, Gaetano & Donvito, Raffaele & Chan, Priscilla & Oh, Hyunjoo & Singh, Rahul & Skorobogatykh, Irina I. & Tsuchiya, Junji & Weitz, Bart, 2012.
"Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1461-1470.
- Bruno Godey & Daniele Pederzoli & Gaetano Aiello & Raffaele Donvito & Priscilla Chan & Hyunjoo Oh & Rahul Singh & Irina Skorobogatykh & Junji Tsuchiya & Bart Weitz, 2012. "Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products," Post-Print hal-00822005, HAL.
- Baldauf, Artur & Cravens, Karen S. & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios & Zeugner-Roth, Katharina Petra, 2009.
"The Impact of Product-Country Image and Marketing Efforts on Retailer-Perceived Brand Equity: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 85(4), pages 437-452.
- A. Baldauf & A. Diamantopoulos & K.S. Cravens & K. Zeugner-Roth, 2009. "The impact of product-country image and marketing efforts on retailer-perceived brand equity: an empirical analysis," Post-Print hal-00787401, HAL.
- Francesca Checchinato & Marta Disegna & Tiziano Vescovi, 2013. "Does country of origin affect brand associations? The case of Italian brands in China," Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 409-421, September.
- Cornelius, Britta & Natter, Martin & Faure, Corinne, 2010. "How storefront displays influence retail store image," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 143-151.
- Insch, Gary S. & McBride, J. Brad, 2004. "The impact of country-of-origin cues on consumer perceptions of product quality: A binational test of the decomposed country-of-origin construct," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 256-265, March.
- Keller, Kevin Lane, 2003. "Brand Synthesis: The Multidimensionality of Brand Knowledge," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 595-600, March.
- Alan M. Wilson, 1998. "The Use of Mystery Shopping in the Measurement of Service Delivery," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 148-163, July.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jason Brown & Tyler Mark & Idlir Proseku & Rachel Thompson & Jody Welsh, 2006.
"Consumer Behavior, Public Policy, and Country-of-Origin Labeling,"
Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 284-292.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jason Brown & Tyler Mark & Idlir Proseku & Rachel Thompson & Jody Welsh, 2006. "Consumer Behavior, Public Policy, and Country-of-Origin Labeling," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 284-292.
- Umberto Collesei & Francesca Checchinato, 2007. "Le alleanze di marketing nelle imprese italiane," Micro & Macro Marketing, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 201-220.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Koronaki, Eirini & Kyrousi, Antigone G. & Panigyrakis, George G., 2018. "The emotional value of arts-based initiatives: Strengthening the luxury brand–consumer relationship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 406-413.
- Eng, Teck-Yong & Ozdemir, Sena & Michelson, Grant, 2016. "Brand origin and country of production congruity: Evidence from the UK and China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5703-5711.
- Swoboda, Bernhard & Weindel, Julia & HÃ¤lsig, Frank, 2016. "Predictors and effects of retail brand equity â€“ A cross-sectoral analysis," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 265-276.
- Giovanardi, Massimo & Lucarelli, Andrea, 2018. "Sailing through marketing: A critical assessment of spatiality in marketing literature," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 149-159.
- Elliott, Greg & Tam, Charles Chin Chiu, 2014. "Does culture matter to Chinese consumers? Empirical evidence," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 314-324.
- Septianto, Felix & Chiew, Tung Moi & Thai, Nguyen T., 2020. "The congruence effect between product emotional appeal and country-based emotion: The moderating role of country-of-origin," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- LondoÃ±o, Juan Carlos & Elms, Jonathan & Davies, Keri, 2016. "Conceptualising and measuring consumer-based brandâ€“retailerâ€“channel equity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 70-81.
- Zenker, Sebastian & Braun, Erik & Petersen, Sibylle, 2017. "Branding the destination versus the place: The effects of brand complexity and identification for residents and visitors," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 15-27.
- Anselmsson, Johan & Burt, Steve & Tunca, Burak, 2017. "An integrated retailer image and brand equity framework: Re-examining, extending, and restructuring retailer brand equity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 194-203.
- Yuna Kim & Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, 2016. "Brand-embedded interaction: a dynamic and personalized interaction for co-creation," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 183-193, March.
- Berthon, Pierre & Pitt, Leyland F. & Campbell, Colin, 2009. "Does brand meaning exist in similarity or singularity?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 356-361, March.
- Maria Ángeles Alcaide González & Elena De La Poza Plaza & Natividad Guadalajara Olmeda, 2020. "The impact of corporate social responsibility transparency on the financial performance, brand value, and sustainability level of IT companies," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 642-654, March.
- Valentina Daniela N. CONSTANTIN & Roxana-Denisa G. STOENESCU, 2014. "The Impact Of Origin On Creating A Cult Brand: The Case Of Apple," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 3, pages 123-134, April.
- Ting, Hiram & Thaichon, Park & Chuah, Francis & Tan, Sharon Rebecca, 2019. "Consumer behaviour and disposition decisions: The why and how of smartphone disposition," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 212-220.
- de Oliveira, Marta Olivia Rovedder & Silveira, Cleo Schmitt & Luce, Fernando Bins, 2015. "Brand equity estimation model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2560-2568.
- Baştuğ, Sedat & Şakar, Gül Denktaş & Gülmez, Seçil, 2020. "An application of brand personality dimensions to container ports: A place branding perspective," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Alexander E. Saak, 2011.
"A Model of Labeling with Horizontal Differentiation and Cost Variability,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1131-1150.
- Saak, Alexander, 2011. "A model of labeling with horizontal differentiation and cost variability:," IFPRI discussion papers 1075, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Saak, Alexander E., 2011. "A Model of Labeling with Horizontal Differentiation and Cost Variability," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103540, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yi He & Qimei Chen & Dana L. Alden, 2016. "Time will tell: managing post-purchase changes in brand attitude," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 44(6), pages 791-805, November.
- Teresa Barros & Paula Rodrigues & Nelson Duarte & Xue-Feng Shao & F. V. Martins & H. Barandas-Karl & Xiao-Guang Yue, 2020. "The Impact of Brand Relationships on Corporate Brand Identity and Reputation—An Integrative Model," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-21, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCountry of origin; Store image; Retail; Mystery shopping; China; Foreign brands; Italy.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:but:ijebfa:v:3:y:2013:i:1:p:41-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cosmin Catalin Olteanu). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/faaubro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.