Loss-Leaders Banning Laws as Vertical Restraints
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bliss, Christopher, 1988. "A Theory of Retail Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 375-391, June.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Limit Pricing and Entry under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 443-459, March.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1998. "Limit Pricing and Entry Under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis," Levine's Working Paper Archive 245, David K. Levine.
- Rey, Patrick & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1988.
"Vertical restraints and producers' competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 561-568, March.
- Stiglitz, J. & Rey, P., 1988. "Vertical Restraints And Producers' Competition," Papers 13, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Patrick Rey & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Vertical Restraints and Producers' Competition," NBER Working Papers 2601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergès-Sennou Fabian & Bontems Philippe & Réquillart Vincent, 2004. "Economics of Private Labels: A Survey of Literature," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Claire Chambolle, 2005. "Stratégies de revente à perte et réglementation," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 77, pages 59-79.
- Greg Shaffer, 1991. "Slotting Allowances and Resale Price Maintenance: A Comparison of Facilitating Practices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 120-135, Spring.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2005:i:77:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roger Clarke & Stephen Davies & Paul Dobson & Michael Waterson, 2002. "Buyer Power and Competition in European Food Retailing," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2405, February.
- Walsh, Patrick Paul & Whelan, Ciara, 1999. "Loss leading and price intervention in multiproduct retailing: welfare outcomes in a second-best world1," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 333-347, September.
- Henrick Horn & Asher Wolinsky, 1988. "Bilateral Monopolies and Incentives for Merger," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 408-419, Autumn.
- Lal, Rajiv & Matutes, Carmen, 1994. "Retail Pricing and Advertising Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(3), pages 345-370, July.
- McAfee, R Preston & Schwartz, Marius, 1994. "Opportunism in Multilateral Vertical Contracting: Nondiscrimination, Exclusivity, and Uniformity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-230, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhijun Chen & Patrick Rey, 2012.
"Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(7), pages 3462-3482, December.
- Rey, Patrick & Chen, Zhijun, 2010. "Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice," IDEI Working Papers 658, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Dec 2011.
- Zhijun Chen & Patrick Rey, 2010. "Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice," Working Papers hal-00540724, HAL.
- Rey, Patrick & Chen, Zhijun, 2010. "Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice," TSE Working Papers 10-218, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Dec 2011.
- Allain, Marie-Laure & Chambolle, Claire, 2011.
"Anti-competitive effects of resale-below-cost laws,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 373-385, July.
- Marie-Laure Allain & Claire Chambolle, 2007. "Anti-Competitive Effects of Resale-Below-Cost Laws," Working Papers 2007-29, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Marie-Laure Allain & Claire Chambolle, 2011. "Anti-Competitive Effects of resale-Below-Cost Laws," Post-Print hal-00367492, HAL.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar-Rosell, Sandra, 2010.
"Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model,"
IDEI Working Papers
604, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar Rosell, Sandra, 2010. "Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 7847, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar-Rosell, Sandra, 2010. "Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model," TSE Working Papers 10-159, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Vanessa von Schlippenbach, 2008. "Complementarities, Below-Cost Pricing, and Welfare Losses," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 788, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- David Burch & Geoffrey Lawrence & Libby Hattersley, 2013. "Watchdogs and ombudsmen: monitoring the abuse of supermarket power," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(2), pages 259-270, June.
- Célérier, C., 2009. "Forecasting inflation in France," Working papers 262, Banque de France.
- Robert Innes & Stephen F. Hamilton, 2009. "Vertical restraints and horizontal control," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(1), pages 120-143.
- Inderst, Roman & Obradovits, Martin, 2015. "Too Much Attention on Low Prices? Loss Leading in a Model of Sales with Salient Thinkers," CEPR Discussion Papers 10813, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bjafio:v:3:y:2005:i:1:n:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.