Choosing the right target: Relative preferences for resource similarity and complementarity in acquisition choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter M. Feather, 2003. "Valuing Food Store Access: Policy Implications for the Food Stamp Program," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 162-172.
- Puranam, Phanish & Singh, Harbir & Zollo, Maurizio, 2003. "A Bird in the Hand or Two in the Bush?: Integration Trade-offs in Technology-grafting Acquisitions," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 179-184, April.
- Kaplan, Steven N & Weisbach, Michael S, 1992.
"The Success of Acquisitions: Evidence from Divestitures,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 107-138, March.
- Steven Kaplan & Michael S. Weisbach, 1990. "The Success of Acquisitions: Evidence From Disvestitures," NBER Working Papers 3484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, December.
- Tat Chan & Jack A. Nickerson & Hideo Owan, 2007. "Strategic Management of R& D Pipelines with Cospecialized Investments and Technology Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 667-682, April.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Colombo, Massimo G. & Garrone, Paola & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2005.
"The impact of M&A on the R&D process: An empirical analysis of the role of technological- and market-relatedness,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 195-220, March.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Colombo, Massimo & Garrone, Paola & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2003. "Impact of M&A on the R&D process. An empirical analysis of the role of technological and market relatedness, The," IESE Research Papers D/500, IESE Business School.
- M. Mark Walker, 2000. "Corporate Takeovers, Strategic Objectives and Acquring Firm Shareholder Wealth," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 29(1), Spring.
- Pierre Dussauge & Laurence Capron & Will Mitchell, 1998. "Resource redeployment following horizontal acquisitions in Europe and North America, 1988-1992," Post-Print hal-00464384, HAL.
- Swee Lean Chan & Moonseo Park, 2005. "Project cost estimation using principal component regression," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 295-304.
- Kenneth E. Train & Daniel L. McFadden & Moshe Ben-Akiva, 1987. "The Demand for Local Telephone Service: A Fully Discrete Model of Residential Calling Patterns and Service Choices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 109-123, Spring.
- Higgins, Matthew J. & Rodriguez, Daniel, 2006. "The outsourcing of R&D through acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 351-383, May.
- Matsusaka, John G, 1993.
"Election Closeness and Voter Turnout: Evidence from California Ballot Propositions,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 313-334, August.
- Matsusaka, J.C., 1991. "Election Closeness and Voter Turnout: Evidence from California Ballot Propositions," Papers 91-29, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Steven T. Berry & Joel Waldfogel, 2001. "Do Mergers Increase Product Variety? Evidence from Radio Broadcasting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 1009-1025.
- George R. Parsons & Mary Jo Kealy, 1992. "Randomly Drawn Opportunity Sets in a Random Utility Model of Lake Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 93-106.
- Vithala R. Rao & Vijay Mahajan & Nikhil P. Varaiya, 1991. "A Balance Model for Evaluating Firms for Acquisition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 331-349, March.
- George R. Parsons & Michael S. Needelman, 1992. "Site Aggregation in a Random Utility Model of Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 418-433.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jin, Jason Lu & Wang, Liwen, 2021. "Resource complementarity, partner differences, and international joint venture performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 232-246.
- Sandeep Yadav & M.K. Nandakumar, 2020. "Post-M&A Innovation in Indian firms – An Empirical Investigation," Working papers 370, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Konara, Palitha & Ganotakis, Panagiotis, 2020. "Firm-specific resources and foreign divestments via selloffs: Value is in the eye of the beholder," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 423-434.
- Nuru M. Ahmed & Jianfeng Wu, 2021. "Diversifying or Focused Acquisition? The Influence of CEOs Temporal Focus on Corporate Acquisition Target Choice and the Moderating Role of Corporate Governance," International Journal of Science and Business, IJSAB International, vol. 5(4), pages 80-104.
- Weiwei Wu & Rizwan Ullah & Syed Jamal Shah, 2020. "Linking Corporate Environmental Performance to Financial Performance of Pakistani Firms: The Roles of Technological capability and Public awareness," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-18, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf & V. Kerry Smith, 2007.
"Meta-analysis in model implementation: choice sets and the valuation of air quality improvements,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 1013-1031.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer & Smith, V. Kerry, 2003. "Meta Analysis in Model Implementation: Choice Sets and the Valuation of Air Quality Improvements," Discussion Papers 10453, Resources for the Future.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2003. "Meta Analysis in Model Implementation: Choice Sets and the Valuation of Air Quality Improvements," Discussion Papers dp-03-61, Resources For the Future.
- Domanski, Adam, 2009. "Estimating Mixed Logit Recreation Demand Models With Large Choice Sets," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49413, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Guevara, C. Angelo & Ben-Akiva, Moshe E., 2013. "Sampling of alternatives in Multivariate Extreme Value (MEV) models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 31-52.
- Agimass, Fitalew & Lundhede, Thomas & Panduro, Toke Emil & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl, 2018. "The choice of forest site for recreation: A revealed preference analysis using spatial data," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PC), pages 445-454.
- Wei, Tian & Clegg, Jeremy, 2017. "Exploring sources of value destruction in international acquisitions: A synthesized theoretical lens," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 927-941.
- von Haefen, Roger H. & Domanski, Adam, 2018. "Estimation and welfare analysis from mixed logit models with large choice sets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 101-118.
- Chondrakis, George, 2016. "Unique synergies in technology acquisitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1873-1889.
- Marc Goergen & Luc Renneboog, 2004.
"Shareholder Wealth Effects of European Domestic and Cross‐border Takeover Bids,"
European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(1), pages 9-45, March.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2002. "Shareholder Wealth Effects of European Domestic and Cross-Border Takeover Bids," Discussion Paper 2002-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2002. "Shareholder Wealth Effects of European Domestic and Cross-Border Takeover Bids," Other publications TiSEM f18ce891-6bb6-4f6c-b012-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Cho, Woohyun & Windle, Robert J. & Dresner, Martin E., 2017. "The impact of operational exposure and value-of-time on customer choice: Evidence from the airline industry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 455-471.
- Ye Jin Lee & Kwangsoo Shin & Eungdo Kim, 2019. "The Influence of a Firm’s Capability and Dyadic Relationship of the Knowledge Base on Ambidextrous Innovation in Biopharmaceutical M&As," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-17, September.
- Batley, Richard & Hess, Stephane, 2016. "Testing for regularity and stochastic transitivity using the structural parameter of nested logit," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 355-376.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008.
"Policy Analysis in Health-Services Market: Accounting for Quality and Quantity,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 91-92, pages 293-319.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the Health-Services Market: Accounting for Quality and Quantity," Cahiers de recherche 0807, CIRPEE.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," Post-Print halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Stienstra, Miranda, 2020. "The determinants and performance implications of alliance partner acquisition," Other publications TiSEM 7fdee0c2-d4d2-4f5b-95e3-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jara-Díaz, Sergio & Rosales-Salas, Jorge, 2017. "Beyond transport time: A review of time use modeling," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 209-230.
- Adnan ATM, 2018. "Home vs. Cross-Border Takeovers: Is There Any Difference in Investor Perception?," European Financial and Accounting Journal, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2018(2), pages 59-84.
- van Lin, Arjen & Gijsbrechts, Els, 2016. "The battle for health and beauty: What drives supermarket and drugstore category-promotion lifts?," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 557-577.
- Rolf Aaberge & Ugo Colombino, 2014. "Labour Supply Models," Contributions to Economic Analysis, in: Cathal O’Donoghue (ed.), Handbook of Microsimulation Modelling, volume 127, pages 167-221, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Aghasi, Keivan & Colombo, Massimo G. & Rossi-Lamastra, Cristina, 2017. "Acquisitions of small high-tech firms as a mechanism for external knowledge sourcing: The integration-autonomy dilemma," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 334-346.
- Grzybowski, Lukasz & Liang, Julienne, 2014. "Estimating demand for quadruple-play tariffs: The impact on consumer surplus," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101375, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Emilie R. Feldman & Claudine Gartenberg & Julie Wulf, 2018. "Pay inequality and corporate divestitures," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(11), pages 2829-2858, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:stratm:v:37:y:2016:i:8:p:1808-1825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/0143-2095 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/0143-2095 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.