A Tale of Two Currencies: the Asian Crisis and the Exchange Rate Regimes of Hong Kong and Singapore
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, January.
- Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B., 2000. "Exchange rate dynamics in a model of pricing-to-market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 215-244, February.
- Yun, Tack, 1996. "Nominal price rigidity, money supply endogeneity, and business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 345-370, April.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Weil, Philippe, 1989. "Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chan, Leo & Lien, Donald & Weng, Wenlong, 2008. "Financial interdependence between Hong Kong and the US: A band spectrum approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 507-516, October.
- Ghironi, Fabio, 2008. "The role of net foreign assets in a New Keynesian small open economy model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1780-1811, June.
- Chang, Kuang-Liang & Chen, Nan-Kuang & Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2012.
"The dynamics of housing returns in Singapore: How important are the international transmission mechanisms?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 516-530.
- Chang, Kuang Liang & Chen, Nan Kuang & Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2011. "The Dynamics of Housing Returns in Singapore: How Important are the International Transmission Mechanisms?," MPRA Paper 32255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Teresa Punzi, 2013.
"Housing Market and Current Account Imbalances in the International Economy,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 601-613, September.
- Maria Teresa Punzi, "undated". "Housing Market and Current Account Imbalances in the International Economy," Discussion Papers 12/09, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Punzi, Maria Teresa, 2012. "Housing market and current account imbalances in the international economy," Research Discussion Papers 1/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Stefan Gerlach & Petra Gerlach-Kristen, 2006.
"Monetary policy regimes and macroeconomic outcomes: Hong Kong and Singapore,"
BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy in Asia: approaches and implementation, volume 31, pages 40-64
Bank for International Settlements.
- Petra Gerlach-Kristen & Stefan Gerlach, 2006. "Monetary policy regimes and macroeconomic outcomes: Hong Kong and Singapore," BIS Working Papers 204, Bank for International Settlements.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten & Koopmann, Georg, 2006. "Between two poles: A dual currency board for Mercosur," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 349-362, December.
- Hwee Kwan Chow & Paul D. McNelis, 2010. "Need Singapore Fear Floating? A DSGE-VAR Approach," Working Papers 29-2010, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Ghironi, Fabio, 2006.
"Macroeconomic interdependence under incomplete markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 428-450, December.
- Fabio Ghironi, 2000. "Macroeconomic Interdependence under Incomplete Markets," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 471, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 07 Feb 2003.
- Hiroyuki IMAI, 2010. "Hong Kong'S Inflation And Deflation Under The Us Dollar Peg: The Balassa-Samuelson Effect Or Export Price Shocks?," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 48(3), pages 319-344.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Sahoko Kaji & Tamon Asonuma, 2016. "Dynamic Effects of Changes in the Exchange Rate System," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 33(1), pages 111-161, March.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2007.
"Monetary Policy in East Asia: The Case of Singapore,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 25(S1), pages 13-28, December.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2007. "Monetary Policy in East Asia: the Case of Singapore," IMES Discussion Paper Series 07-E-010, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Kaji, Sahoko & Asonuma, Tamon, 2014.
"Dynamic Analysis of Exchange Rate Regimes: Policy Implications for Emerging Countries in Asia,"
ADBI Working Papers
502, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Sahoko Kaji & Tamon Asonuma, 2014. "Dynamic Analysis of Exchange Rate Regimes : Policy Implications for Emerging Countries in Asia," Macroeconomics Working Papers 24519, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Sahoko Kaji & Tamon Asonuma, 2014. "Dynamic Analysis of Exchange Rate Regimes : Policy Implications for Emerging Countries in Asia," Finance Working Papers 24519, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chow, Hwee Kwan & Lim, G.C. & McNelis, Paul D., 2014. "Monetary regime choice in Singapore: Would a Taylor rule outperform exchange-rate management?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 63-81.
- Kunze, Frederik, 2017. "Predicting exchange rates in Asia: New insights on the accuracy of survey forecasts," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 326, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reviec:v:11:y:2003:i:1:p:38-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.