Is Informal Sector Work an Alternative to Workfare Benefits? The Case of Pre-program Expansion and Economic Crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Khamis, Melanie, 2009. "Is Informal Sector Work an Alternative to Workfare Benefits? The Case of Pre-Program Expansion and Economic Crisis," IZA Discussion Papers 4614, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Stefanie Behncke & Markus Frölich & Michael Lechner, 2010. "A Caseworker Like Me - Does The Similarity Between The Unemployed and Their Caseworkers Increase Job Placements?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(549), pages 1430-1459, December.
- Eliane El Badaoui & Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2008.
"Is There an Informal Employment Wage Penalty? Evidence from South Africa,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 683-710.
- El Badaoui, Eliane & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2007. "Is There an Informal Employment Wage Penalty? Evidence from South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 3151, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frank Walsh & Eliane Badaoui & Eric Strobl, 2008. "Is there an informal employment wage penalty? Evidence from South Africa," Open Access publications 10197/182, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1992. "Workfare versus Welfare Incentive Arguments for Work Requirements in Poverty-Alleviation Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 249-261, March.
- Ana Iturriza & Arjun S. Bedi & Robert Sparrow, 2011.
"Unemployment Assistance and Transition to Employment in Argentina,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 811-837.
- Iturriza, A. & Bedi, A.S. & Sparrow, R.A., 2007. "Unemployment Assistance and Transition to Employment in Argentina," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18747, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Bedi, Arjun S. & Iturriza, Ana & Sparrow, Robert, 2009. "Unemployment Assistance and Transition to Employment in Argentina," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 1, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Iturriza, Ana & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2008. "Unemployment Assistance and Transition to Employment in Argentina," IZA Discussion Papers 3579, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almeida, Rita K. & Galasso, Emanuela, 2007.
"Jump-Starting Self-Employment? Evidence among Welfare Participants in Argentina,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2902, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almeida, Rita & Galasso, Emanuela, 2007. "Jump-starting self-employment ? Evidence among welfare participants in Argentina," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4270, The World Bank.
- L. C. Gasparini, 2002.
"Microeconometric decompositions of aggregate variables: an application to labour informality in Argentina,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2257-2266.
- Leonardo Gasparini, 2001. "Microeconometric decompositions of aggregate variables. An application to labor informality in Argentina," Working Papers 68, FIEL.
- Lucas Ronconi & Juan Sanguinetti & Sandra Fachelli & Virginia Casazza & Ignacio Franceschelli, 2006. "Poverty and Employability Effects of Workfare Programs in Argentina," Working Papers PMMA 2006-14, PEP-PMMA.
- Indermit Gill & Claudio E. Montenegro & Dorte Domeland, 2002. "Crafting Labor Policy : Techniques and Lessons from Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15245.
- Milan Vodopivec, 2004. "Income Support for the Unemployed : Issues and Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14922.
- Pratap, Sangeeta & Quintin, Erwan, 2006. "Are labor markets segmented in developing countries? A semiparametric approach," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1817-1841, October.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, February.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jeffrey Smith, 2000.
"A Critical Survey of Empirical Methods for Evaluating Active Labor Market Policies,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 136(III), pages 247-268, September.
- Jeffrey Smith, 2000. "A Critical Survey of Empirical Methods for Evaluating Active Labor Market Policies," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20006, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2003.
"Estimating the Benefit Incidence of an Antipoverty Program by Propensity-Score Matching,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 19-30, January.
- Jyotsna Jalan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Estimating the Benefit Incidence of an Antipoverty Program by Propensity Score Matching," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0873, Econometric Society.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Deepa Narayan & Patti Petesch, 2002. "Voices of the Poor : From Many Lands," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14053.
- Pablo D. López Zadicoff & Jorge A. Paz, 2003. "El Programa Jefes de Hogar. Eligibilidad, participación y trabajo," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 242, Universidad del CEMA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayça AKARÇAY-GÜRBÜZ & Mustafa ULUS, 2011.
"Labor Force Status And Income Disparity - Evidence From Turkey,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 34, pages 39-56.
- Akarcay-Gurbuz, Ayca & Ulus, Mustafa, 2011. "Labor force status and income disparity: Evidence from Turkey," GIAM Working Papers 11-5, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center.
More about this item
- J42 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Monopsony; Segmented Labor Markets
- J48 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Particular Labor Markets; Public Policy
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:16:y:2012:i:4:p:579-593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.