Poverty and Employability Effects of Workfare Programs in Argentina
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emanuela Galasso & Martin Ravallion, 2004.
"Social Protection in a Crisis: Argentina's Plan Jefes y Jefas,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 18(3), pages 367-399.
- Galasso, Emanuela & Ravallion, Martin, 2003. "Social protection in a crisis - Argentina's Plan Jefes y Jefas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3165, The World Bank.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2001. "Jobs for the Poor: Can Labor Demand Policies Help?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tjb2001, November.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2003.
"Estimating the Benefit Incidence of an Antipoverty Program by Propensity-Score Matching,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 19-30, January.
- Jyotsna Jalan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Estimating the Benefit Incidence of an Antipoverty Program by Propensity Score Matching," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0873, Econometric Society.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Besley, Timothy & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990. "The principles of targeting," Policy Research Working Paper Series 385, The World Bank.
- Dar, Amit & Tzannatos, Zafiris, 1999. "Active labor market programs: a review of the evidence from evaluations," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20116, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melanie Khamis, 2005. "Crisis and Recovery in Argentina: Labor market, poverty, inequality and pro-poor growth dynamics," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 135, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Francisco Haimovich & Sergio Olivieri, 2007. "Labor Informality Effects of a Poverty-Alleviation Program," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0053, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Sergio Firpo & Sandro Carvalho & Renan Pieri, 2016.
"Using occupational structure to measure employability with an application to the Brazilian labor market,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Sergio Firpo & Sandro Carvalho & Renan Pieri, 2016. "Using occupational structure to measure employability with an application to the Brazilian labor market," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Melanie Khamis, 2012.
"Is Informal Sector Work an Alternative to Workfare Benefits? The Case of Pre-program Expansion and Economic Crisis,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 579-593, November.
- Khamis, Melanie, 2009. "Is Informal Sector Work an Alternative to Workfare Benefits? The Case of Pre-Program Expansion and Economic Crisis," IZA Discussion Papers 4614, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kluve, Jochen., 2016. "A review of the effectiveness of active labour market programmes with a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean," ILO Working Papers 994901193402676, International Labour Organization.
- Schröter, Lars, 2008.
"Die Rolle des informellen Sektors in der wirtschaftlichen Entwicklung Argentiniens
[The role of the informal sector in the economic development of Argentina]," MPRA Paper 11661, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Nov 2008.
More about this item
KeywordsWorkfare; evaluation; Argentina;
- J48 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Particular Labor Markets; Public Policy
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:pmmacr:2006-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdvlvca.html .