Direct And Indirect Measures Of Capacity Utilization: A Non-Parametric Analysis Of Us Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Subhash C. Ray & Kankana Mukherjee & Yanna Wu, 2005. "Direct and Indirect Measures of Capacity Utilization: A Nonparametric Analysis of U.S. Manufacturing," Working papers 2005-36, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. M. Cassels, 1937. "Excess Capacity and Monopolistic Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 426-443.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Morrison, Catherine J, 1981. "Capacity Utilization Measures: Underlying Economic Theory and an Alternative Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 48-52, May.
- H. Kim, 1999. "Economic Capacity Utilization and its Determinants: Theory and Evidence," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(4), pages 321-339, December.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985. "Primal and Dual Capacity Utilization: An Application to Productivity Measurement in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 312-324, October.
- Jim Levinsohn & Wendy Petropoulos, 2001. "Creative Destruction or Just Plain Destruction?: The U.S. Textile and Apparel Industries since 1972," NBER Working Papers 8348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 1958. "The Measurement of Capacity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 49, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Nelson, Randy A, 1989. "On the Measurement of Capacity Utilization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 273-286, March.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Kokkelenberg, Edward C, 1989. "Measuring Plant Capacity, Utilization and Technical Change: A Nonparametric Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 655-666, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Diego Prior & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2013.
"Static efficiency decompositions and capacity utilization: integrating economic and technical capacity notions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3529-3529, August.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Diego Prior & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2012. "Static efficiency decompositions and capacity utilization: integrating economic and technical capacity notions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(31), pages 4125-4141, November.
- B. De Borger & K. Kerstens & D. Prior, 2007. "Static efficiency decompositions and capacity utilisation : integrating economic and technical capacity notions," Post-Print hal-00296708, HAL.
- B. De Borger & K. Kerstens & D. Prior & I. Van de Woestyne, 2012. "Static efficiency decompositions and capacity utilization: integrating economic and technical capacity notions," Post-Print hal-00677646, HAL.
- Van de Woestyne, Ignace & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & De Borger, Bruno, 2009. "Static Efficiency Decompositions and Capacity Utilisation: Integrating Economic and Technical Capacity Notions," Working Papers 2009/30, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Diego Prior & Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2011. "Static Efficiency Decompositions And Capacity Utilisation: Integrating Economic And Technical Capacity Notions," Post-Print hal-00717976, HAL.
- Ray, Subhash C., 2015.
"Nonparametric measures of scale economies and capacity utilization: An application to U.S. manufacturing,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 245(2), pages 602-611.
- Subhash C. Ray, 2013. "Nonparametric Measures of Scale Economies and Capacity Utilization: An Application to U.S. Manufacturing," Working papers 2013-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:3:y:2017:i:3:p:240-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010.
"Tangency capacity notions based upon the profit and cost functions: A non-parametric approach and a general comparison,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1156-1166, September.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010. "Tangency Capacity Notions Based upon the Profit and Cost Functions: A Non-Parametric Approach and a General Comparison," Working Papers 2010/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens & D. Prior & I. Van de Woestyne, 2010. "Tangency capacity notions based upon the profit and cost functions : a non-parametric approach and a general comparison," Post-Print halshs-00507068, HAL.
- Sudipto Sarkar, 2009. "A real-option rationale for investing in excess capacity," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 119-133.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Diego Prior, 2009. "Tangency Capacity Notions Based upon the Pro?t and Cost Functions: A Non-Parametric Approach and a Comparison," Working Papers 2009-ECO-05, IESEG School of Management.
- Kamel HELALI & Maha KALAI, 2013. "Direct and indirect measures of capacity utilization and Economic growth: A nonparametric analysis of the Tunisian industry," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 4(6), pages 144-155.
- Arnab Deb, 2013. "Economic Reforms, Capacity Utilization, and Productivity Growth in Indian Manufacturing," Alumni working papers 2013-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:manchs:v:74:y:2006:i:4:p:526-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.