Condition-number-regularized covariance estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2004.
"A well-conditioned estimator for large-dimensional covariance matrices,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-411, February.
- Wolf, Michael & Ledoit, Olivier, 2000. "A well conditioned estimator for large dimensional covariance matrices," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 10087, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Michael J. Daniels & Robert E. Kass, 2001. "Shrinkage Estimators for Covariance Matrices," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 1173-1184, December.
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2003.
"Improved estimation of the covariance matrix of stock returns with an application to portfolio selection,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 603-621, December.
- Wolf, Michael & Ledoit, Olivier, 2000. "Improved estimation of the covariance matrix of stock returns with an application to portfolio selection," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 10089, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2001. "Improved estimation of the covariance matrix of stock returns with an application to portofolio selection," Economics Working Papers 586, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Warton, David I., 2008. "Penalized Normal Likelihood and Ridge Regularization of Correlation and Covariance Matrices," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 340-349, March.
- Pourahmadi, Mohsen & Daniels, Michael J. & Park, Trevor, 2007. "Simultaneous modelling of the Cholesky decomposition of several covariance matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 568-587, March.
- Peng, Jie & Wang, Pei & Zhou, Nengfeng & Zhu, Ji, 2009. "Partial Correlation Estimation by Joint Sparse Regression Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(486), pages 735-746.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980.
"On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980. "On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jianqing Fan & Yuan Liao & Martina Mincheva, 2013.
"Large covariance estimation by thresholding principal orthogonal complements,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 75(4), pages 603-680, September.
- Fan, Jianqing & Liao, Yuan & Mincheva, Martina, 2011. "Large covariance estimation by thresholding principal orthogonal complements," MPRA Paper 38697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hannart, Alexis & Naveau, Philippe, 2014. "Estimating high dimensional covariance matrices: A new look at the Gaussian conjugate framework," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 149-162.
- repec:spr:comgts:v:16:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s10287-019-00344-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brett Naul & Bala Rajaratnam & Dario Vincenzi, 2016. "The role of the isotonizing algorithm in Stein’s covariance matrix estimator," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 1453-1476, December.
- repec:wly:mgtdec:v:39:y:2018:i:6:p:698-711 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jorssc:v:67:y:2018:i:5:p:1419-1436 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jmvana:v:171:y:2019:i:c:p:234-249 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Wieringen, Wessel N. & Peeters, Carel F.W., 2016. "Ridge estimation of inverse covariance matrices from high-dimensional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 284-303.
- Morana, Claudio, 2019.
"Regularized semiparametric estimation of high dimensional dynamic conditional covariance matrices,"
Econometrics and Statistics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 42-65.
- Claudio, Morana, 2018. "Regularized semiparametric estimation of high dimensional dynamic conditional covariance matrices," Working Papers 382, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 04 Jun 2018.
- Soufiane Hayou, 2017. "On the overestimation of the largest eigenvalue of a covariance matrix," Papers 1708.03551, arXiv.org.
- Rajaratnam, Bala & Salzman, Julia, 2013. "Best permutation analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 193-223.
- Viet Anh Nguyen & Daniel Kuhn & Peyman Mohajerin Esfahani, 2018. "Distributionally Robust Inverse Covariance Estimation: The Wasserstein Shrinkage Estimator," Papers 1805.07194, arXiv.org.
- Abadir, Karim M. & Distaso, Walter & Žikeš, Filip, 2014. "Design-free estimation of variance matrices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 165-180.
- Kwon, Yongchan & Choi, Young-Geun & Park, Taesung & Ziegler, Andreas & Paik, Myunghee Cho, 2017. "Generalized estimating equations with stabilized working correlation structure," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-11.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jorssb:v:75:y:2013:i:3:p:427-450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rssssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.