Intergenerational Succession on Israeli Family Farms
We study, using a probit analysis of Israeli data, the likelihood of having a successor on the family farm at a certain point in time. We identify a number of significant family and farm attributes whose effects are consistent with economic theory based on the notion of bargaining between the generations.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0021-857X|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael D. Boehlje & Ludwig M. Eisgruber, 1972. "Strategies for the Creation and Transfer of the Farm Estate," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472.
- Ayal Kimhi, 1994. "Optimal Timing of Farm Transferal From Parent to Child," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(2), pages 228-236.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1985.
"Specific Experience, Household Structure, and Intergenerational Transfers: Farm Family Land and Labor Arrangements in Developing Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 961-987.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1984. "Specific Experience, Household Structure and Intergenerational Transfers: Farm Family Land and Labor Arrangements in Developing Countries," Bulletins 8432, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Loren W. Tauer, 1985. "Use of Life Insurance to Fund the Farm Purchase from Heirs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(1), pages 60-69. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:52:y:2001:i:2:p:42-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.