Unemployment Policies In An Economy With Adverse Selection
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 59 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (04)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0307-3378|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1998.
"Efficient Unemployment Insurance,"
NBER Working Papers
6686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991. "Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- Joydeep Bhattacharya & Shankha Chakraborty, 2003.
"What do Information Frictions do?,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2003-4, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Bhattacharya, J. & Chankraborty, S., 2003. "What do Information Frictions Do?," Discussion Paper 2003-21, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 2004. "What do information frictions do?," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 41, Econometric Society.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Chakraborty, Shankha, 2003. "What Do Information Frictions Do?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10254, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Shimer, Robert, 2000.
"Productivity gains from unemployment insurance,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1195-1224, June.
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1999. "Productivity Gains from Unemployment Insurance," Working papers 99-29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1999. "Productivity Gains from Unemployment Insurance," NBER Working Papers 7352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline Betts & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 1998.
"Unemployment, credit rationing, and capital accumulation: a tale of two frictions,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(3), pages 489-517.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Betts, Caroline, 1998. "Unemployment, Credit Rationing, and Capital Accumulation: A Tale of Two Frictions," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5104, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Saint-Paul, G., 1995.
"A Framework for Analyzing the Political Support for Active Labor Market Policy,"
DELTA Working Papers
95-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1998. "A framework for analyzing the political support for active labor market policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 151-165, February.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1995. "A Framework for Analysing the Political Support for Active Labour Market Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1205, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, December.
- Montgomery, James D, 1999. "Adverse Selection and Employment Cycles," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 281-297, April.
- Valerie R. Bencivenga & Bruce D. Smith, 1995.
"Unemployment, migration, and growth,"
561, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ed Nosal & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1992. "The Role of Household Production in Models of Involuntary Unemployment and Underemployment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 507-520, August.
- Jullien, Bruno & Picard, Pierre, 1998.
"A Classical Model of Involuntary Unemployment: Efficiency Wages and Macroeconomic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 263-285, February.
- Jullien, B. & Picard, P., 1993. "A Classical Model of Involuntary Unemployment: Efficiency Wages and Macroeconomic Policy," Papers 9305, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1999.
"Unemployment vs. Mismatch of Talents: Reconsidering Unemployment Benefits,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 266-291, April.
- Ramon Marimon & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 1997. "Unemployment vs. Mismatch of Talents: Reconsidering Unemployment Benefits," NBER Working Papers 6038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1998. "Unemployment vs. Mismatch of Talents: Reconsidering Unemployment Benefits," Seminar Papers 661, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Ramon Marimon & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 1997. "Unemployment vs. mismatch of talents: Reconsidering unemployment benefits," Economics Working Papers 211, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2000. "The Political Economy of Labour Market Institutions," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293323, December.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Good Jobs versus Bad Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Michael Rothschild & Joseph Stiglitz, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 629-649.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1985. "Taxes, Subsidies and Equilibrium Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 121-133.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1983. "Efficiency Aspects of the Financing of Unemployment Insurance and Other Government Expenditure," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 57-69.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:buecrs:v:59:y:2007:i:2:p:179-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.