Is the objectivity of internal audit compromised when the internal audit function is a management training ground?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stuart Turley & Mahbub Zaman, 2007. "Audit committee effectiveness: informal processes and behavioural effects," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(5), pages 765-788, September.
- Hunton, James E. & Rose, Jacob M., 2008. "Can directors' self-interests influence accounting choices?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 783-800.
- Norman, Carolyn Strand & Rose, Anna M. & Rose, Jacob M., 2010. "Internal audit reporting lines, fraud risk decomposition, and assessments of fraud risk," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 546-557, July.
- Edward J. Lawler & Samuel B. Bacharach, 1979. "Power Dependence in Individual Bargaining: The Expected Utility of Influence," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 32(2), pages 196-204, January.
- Babcock, Linda, et al, 1995. "Biased Judgments of Fairness in Bargaining," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1337-1343, December.
- Steven Kaplan & Joseph Schultz, 2007. "Intentions to Report Questionable Acts: An Examination of the Influence of Anonymous Reporting Channel, Internal Audit Quality, and Setting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 109-124, March.
- Jenny Stewart & Nava Subramaniam, 2010. "Internal audit independence and objectivity: emerging research opportunities," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(4), pages 328-360, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:abacus:v:53:y:2017:i:2:p:159-179 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lisa Koonce & Steven Cahan, 2013. "Discussion of ‘Is the objectivity of internal audit compromised when the internal audit function is a management training ground?’," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(4), pages 1021-1028, December.
- Christ, Margaret H. & Masli, Adi & Sharp, Nathan Y. & Wood, David A., 2015. "Rotational internal audit programs and financial reporting quality: Do compensating controls help?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 37-59.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:53:y:2013:i:4:p:1001-1019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.