Bank stock returns, leverage and the business cycle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Y. Campbell, 2001.
"Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 1-43, February.
- John Y. Campbell & Martin Lettau & Burton G. Malkiel & Yexiao Xu, 2000. "Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk," NBER Working Papers 7590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malkiel, Burton & Campbell, John & Lettau, Martin & Xu, Yexiao, 2001. "Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk," Scholarly Articles 3128707, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David Miles & Jing Yang & Gilberto Marcheggiano, 2013. "Optimal Bank Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(567), pages 1-37, March.
- Choe, Hyuk & Masulis, Ronald W. & Nanda, Vikram, 1993. "Common stock offerings across the business cycle : Theory and evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-31, June.
- Da, Zhi & Guo, Re-Jin & Jagannathan, Ravi, 2012.
"CAPM for estimating the cost of equity capital: Interpreting the empirical evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 204-220.
- Zhi Da & Re-Jin Guo & Ravi Jagannathan, 2009. "CAPM for Estimating the Cost of Equity Capital: Interpreting the Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 14889, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco Covas & Wouter J. Den Haan, 2011. "The Cyclical Behavior of Debt and Equity Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 877-899, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gibson, Heather D. & Hall, Stephen G. & Tavlas, George S., 2016.
"How the euro-area sovereign-debt crisis led to a collapse in bank equity prices,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 266-275.
- Heather D. Gibson & Stephen G. Hall & George S. Tavlas, 2014. "How the Euro-Area Sovereign-Debt Crisis Led to a Collapse in Bank Equity Prices," Discussion Papers in Economics 14/17, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Heather D. Gibson & Stephen G. Hall, & George S. Tavlas, 2015. "How the Euro-Area Sovereign-Debt Crisis Led to a Collapse in Bank Equity Prices," Discussion Papers in Economics 15/13, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Heather D. Gibson & Stephen G. Hall & George S. Tavlas, 2015. "How the Euro-Area Sovereign-Debt Crisis Led to a Collapse in Bank Equity Prices," Discussion Papers in Economics 15/25, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Jaromir Benes & Michael Kumhof & Douglas Laxton, 2014. "Financial Crises in DSGE Models; Selected Applications of MAPMOD," IMF Working Papers 14/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Amine Amar & Ikrame Ben Slimane & Makram Bellalah, 2017. "Are Non-Conventional Banks More Resilient than Conventional Ones to Financial Crisis?," Working Papers hal-01455752, HAL.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Rossana Merola & Volker Ziemann, 2012. "Debt and Macroeconomic Stability," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1003, OECD Publishing.
- Langedijk, Sven & Nicodème, Gaëtan & Pagano, Andrea & Rossi, Alessandro, 2015. "Debt Bias in Corporate Income Taxation and the Costs of Banking Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 10616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller, 2012. "Debt and Macroeconomic Stability: An Overview of the Literature and Some Empirics," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1006, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:1203g. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.