Economic Development In The European Super-Periphery: Evidence From The Western Balkans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank & World Bank, . "Albania : Poverty Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 14605, March.
- Metka Stare, 2005. "Regional landscape of services in Central and Eastern European countries," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 477-491, June.
- Martin Sokol, 2001. "Central and Eastern Europe a Decade After the Fall of State-socialism: Regional Dimensions of Transition Processes," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(7), pages 645-655.
- Andy Pike & Andrés Rodriguez-Pose & John Tomaney, 2008. "Local and Regional Development," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 84(2), pages 241-242, April.
- Edward Christie & Mario Holzner, 2004. "Household Tax Compliance and the Shadow Economy in Central and Southeastern Europe," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 38, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khurshid Djalilov & Jens Hölscher, 2016. "Comparative Analyses Of The Banking Environment In Transition Countries," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(208), pages 7-26, January -.
- Predrag Četković, 2015. "The Role of Banks in Economic Development in the Former SFR Yugoslavia," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 114, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Will Bartlett, 2014. "Shut out? South East Europe and the EU’s New Industrial Policy," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 84, European Institute, LSE.
- Garača Vuk & Vukosav Svetlana & Stamenković Igor & Košić Kristina & Bradić Milan, 2020. "The Impact of New Global Economic Crisis on the Social Function of Spas and Climatic Resorts in Serbia," Economic Themes, Sciendo, vol. 58(2), pages 255-273, June.
- Goran Radosavljeviæ & Mihajlo Babin & Miloš Eriæ & Jelisaveta Lazareviæ, 2020. "Income convergence between Southeast Europe and the European Union," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 499-519.
- Vedran Recher, 2019. "Tobacco smuggling in the Western Balkan region: Exploring habits, attitudes, and predictors of illegal tobacco demand," Working Papers 1901, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Klodian Muco & Greta Balliu, 2018. "Crescita economica e corruzione: quale impatto nei paesi balcanici? (Growth and corruption: What impact in the Balkan countries?)," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 71(284), pages 297-309.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider, 2005. "What Shapes the Attitudes Towards Paying Taxes? Evidence from Switzerland, Belgium and Spain," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-06, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider, 2007.
"What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries,"
Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 88(2), pages 443-470, June.
- Friedrich G. Schneider & Benno Torgler, 2006. "What shapes attitudes toward paying taxes? Evidence from multicultural european countries," Economics working papers 2006-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich G., 2006. "What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt5q14k3wr, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich, 2006. "What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2117, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Camilla Lenzi & Giovanni Perucca, 2016. "Life Satisfaction across Cities: Evidence from Romania," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(7), pages 1062-1077, July.
- Šimon Martin, 2017. "Multi-scalar geographies of polarisation and peripheralisation: A case study of Czechia," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 37(37), pages 125-137, September.
- Oliver Klein & Piotr Pachura & Christine Tamasy, 2016. "Globalizing Production Networks," Polish Journal of Management Studies, Czestochowa Technical University, Department of Management, vol. 13(2), pages 81-89, June.
- Nancy McCarthy & Gero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Irini Maltsoglou, 2006.
"Assessing the Impact of Massive Out-Migration on Agriculture,"
06-14, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- McCarthy, Nancy & Carletto, Calogero & Davis, Benjamin & Maltsoglou, Irini, 2006. "Assessing the impact of massive out-migration on agriculture," ESA Working Papers 289053, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Viktor Kvĕtoň & Aleš Bĕlohradský & Jiří Blažek, 2020. "The variegated role of proximities in acquisitions by domestic and international companies in different phases of economic cycles," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(3), pages 583-602, June.
- Edward Christie, 2004. "Trade Flows in Southeast Europe," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 59, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Faragó László & Varró Krisztina, 2016. "Shifts in EU Cohesion Policy and Processes of Peripheralization: A View from Central Eastern Europe," European Spatial Research and Policy, Sciendo, vol. 23(1), pages 5-19, June.
- Jarkko Saarinen, 2013. "Critical Sustainability: Setting the Limits to Growth and Responsibility in Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Will Bartlett & Ivana Prica, 2017.
"Interdependence between core and peripheries of the European economy: secular stagnation and growth in the Western Balkans,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 14(1), pages 123-139, June.
- Will Bartlett & Ivana Prica, 2016. "Interdependence between Core and Peripheries of the European Economy: Secular Stagnation and Growth in the Western Balkans," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 104, European Institute, LSE.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcin Bogdanski, 2012. "Modern Theories Of Regional Development – A Review Of Some Concepts," Oeconomia Copernicana, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 3(2), pages 25-41, June.
- David, Freshwater, 2013. "Modernizing Rural Economies: Strengthening Economic Growth in the 21st Century," Staff Papers 174107, University of Kentucky, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Leonardo Becchetti, 2010.
"The Money–Happiness Relationship in Transition Countries: Evidence from Albania,"
Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 17(1), pages 39-62, May.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Sara Savastano, 2009. "The money-happiness relationship in transition countries: evidence from Albania," Econometica Working Papers wp11, Econometica.
- Roth, Anne-Marie Monika & Popescu (Stingaciu), Ana-Maria, 2012. "The development of intangible assets through the cohesion policy," MPRA Paper 40368, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberta Capello, 2007. "A forecasting territorial model of regional growth: the MASST model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(4), pages 753-787, December.
- Heike Mayer & Antoine Habersetzer & Rahel Meili, 2016. "Rural–Urban Linkages and Sustainable Regional Development: The Role of Entrepreneurs in Linking Peripheries and Centers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-13, August.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2014. "Smart Specialisation in the EU: Is it a Bridge between Innovation and Cohesion?," ERSA conference papers ersa14p989, European Regional Science Association.
- Rogerson Christian M., 2014. "Reframing place-based economic development in South Africa: the example of local economic development," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 24(24), pages 1-16, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic development; transition; comparative economics; local economic development;
All these keywords.
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:beo:journl:v:54:y:2009:i:181:p:21-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/efbeoyu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Goran Petrić (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/efbeoyu.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.