Financial transaction tax and banking margins: An empirical note for Colombia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ignacio Lozano-Espitia & Hernando Vargas-Herrera & Norberto Rodríguez-Niño, 2017. "Financial transaction tax and banking margins: An empirical note for Colombia," Revista ESPE - Ensayos Sobre PolÃtica EconÃ³mica, Banco de la RepÃºblica - ESPE, vol. 35(83), pages 154-160, June.
- Ignacio Lozano-Espitia & Hernando Vargas-Herrera & Norberto Rodríguez-Niño, 2015. "Financial Transaction Tax and Banking Margins: An Empirical Note for Colombia," Borradores de Economia 909, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Isaias Coelho & Victoria J Perry & Liam P. Ebrill, 2001. "Bank Debit Taxes in Latin America; An Analysis of Recent Trends," IMF Working Papers 2001/067, International Monetary Fund.
- Jorge Baca-Campodónico & Luiz de Mello & Andrei Kirilenko, 2006. "The Rates and Revenue of Bank Transaction Taxes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 494, OECD Publishing.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dairo Estrada & Esteban Gómez & Inés Orozco, 2006. "Determinants of Interest Margins in Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002335, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Suescun, Rodrigo, 2004. "Raising revenue with transaction taxes in Latin america - or is it better to tax with the devil you know?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3279, The World Bank.
- Arellano, Manuel, 2003. "Panel Data Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245291.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tamara Burdisso & Máximo Sangiácomo, 2016. "Panel times series. A review of methodological developments," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(74), pages 105-131, December.
- Khalid Ahmed & Bareerah Khan & Ilhan Ozturk, 2021. "Dynamics between disaggregates of governance and stock market performance in selected South Asia countries," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 802-813, January.
- Husam RJOUB & Irfan CIVCIR & Nil Gunsel RESATOGLU, 2017. "Micro and Macroeconomic Determinants of Stock Prices: The Case of Turkish Banking Sector," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 150-166, March.
- Vu Hiep Hoang & Manh Dung Tran & Van Hoa Hoang & Thi Thu Cuc Nguyen, 2019. "Capital Structure and Financial Efficiency: Evidence from Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange of Vietnam," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(11), pages 1255-1265, November.
- Cem Ertur & Antonio Musolesi, 2017.
"Weak and Strong Cross‐Sectional Dependence: A Panel Data Analysis of International Technology Diffusion,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(3), pages 477-503, April.
- Cem ERTUR & Antonio MUSOLESI, 2013. "Weak and Strong cross-sectional dependence: a panel data analysis of international technology diffusion," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1961, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Cem Ertur & Antonio Musolesi, 2015. "Weak and Strong cross-sectional dependence: a panel data analysis of international technology diffusion," SEEDS Working Papers 0415, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Feb 2015.
- Cem Ertur & Antonio Musolesi, 2015. "Weak and Strong cross-sectional dependence: a panel data analysis of international technology diffusion," SEEDS Working Papers 1915, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2015.
- Ertur, C. & Musolesi, A., 2013. "Weak and strong cross-sectional dependence: a panel data analysis of international technology diffusion," Working Papers 2013-09, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Antonio Musolesi & Cem Ertur, 2015. "Weak and Strong cross-sectional dependence: a panel data analysis of international technology diffusion," Working Papers 2015064, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Antonio Musolesi & Cem Ertur, 2016. "Weak and Strong Cross-Sectional Dependence: a Panel Data Analysis of International Technology Diffusion," Working Papers 2016035, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Hany Eldemerdash & Hugh Metcalf & Sara Maioli, 2014. "Twin deficits: new evidence from a developing (oil vs. non-oil) countries’ perspective," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 825-851, November.
- Adeyemi, Olutomi I. & Hunt, Lester C., 2007.
"Modelling OECD industrial energy demand: Asymmetric price responses and energy-saving technical change,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 693-709, July.
- Olutomi I Adeyemi & Lester C Hunt, 2006. "Modelling OECD Industrial Energy Demand: Asymmetric Price Responses and Energy – Saving Technical Change," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 115, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Aydin, Mucahit, 2018. "Natural gas consumption and economic growth nexus for top 10 natural Gas–Consuming countries: A granger causality analysis in the frequency domain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 179-186.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2010. "Energy consumption and growth in South America: Evidence from a panel error correction model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1421-1426, November.
- Ksenija DumiÄ iÄ‡ & Josip MikuliÄ‡ & Anita ÄŒeh ÄŒasni, 2017. "Tourism spending behaviour before and after the 2008 financial crisis," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(1), pages 223-228, February.
- Belke, Ansgar & Volz, Ulrich, 2018.
"Capital flows to emerging market and developing economies: global liquidity and uncertainty versus country-specific pull factors,"
23/2018, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Belke, Ansgar & Volz, Ulrich, 2019. "Capital flows to emerging market and developing economies: Global liquidity and uncertainty versus country-specific pull factors," VfS Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203629, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bangake, Chrysost & Eggoh, Jude C., 2011.
"Further evidence on finance-growth causality: A panel data analysis,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 176-188, June.
- Chrysost BANGAKE & Comlanvi Jude EGGOH, 2010. "Further Evidence on Finance-Growth Causality: A Panel Data Analysis," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 671, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- José Abraham López Machuca & Jorge Eduardo Mendoza Cota, 2017. "Salarios, desempleo y productividad laboral en la industria manufacturera mexicana. (Wage, Unemployment and Labor Productivity in the Mexican Manufacturing Industry)," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 185-228, October.
- De Santis, Roberto A., 2020.
"Impact of the Asset Purchase Programme on euro area government bond yields using market news,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 192-209.
- De Santis, Roberto A., 2016. "Impact of the asset purchase programme on euro area government bond yields using market news," Working Paper Series 1939, European Central Bank.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christoph Hanck, 2010.
"Are PPP tests erratically behaved? Some panel evidence,"
International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 203-221.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Hanck, Christoph, 2006. "Are PPP Tests Erratically Behaved? Some Panel Evidence," Technical Reports 2006,43, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christoph Hanck, 2006. "Are PPP Tests Erratically Behaved? Some Panel Evidence," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 06-22, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Mercy Laita Palamuleni, 2017. "The Unemployment Invariant Hypothesis: Heterogenous Panel Cointegration Evidence From U.S. State Level Data," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 414-419.
- PAVEL Ruxandra Maria & CIUHUREANU Alina Teodora, 2017. "The Correlation Working Capital - Self-Financing Capacity At The Companies From Hotel And Restaurant Industry Listed On Bucharest Stock Exchange," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 69(2), pages 127-137, August.
- BADALYAN, Gohar & HERZFELD, Thomas & RAJCANIOVA, Miroslava, 2014.
"Transport Infrastructure And Economic Growth: Panel Data Approach For Armenia, Georgia And Turkey,"
Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 17(2), pages 1-10, October.
- Badalyan, Gohar & Herzfeld, Thomas & Rajcaniova, Miroslava, 2014. "Transport infrastructure and economic growth: Panel data approach for Armenia, Georgia and Turkey," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 22-31.
- Badalyan, Gohar & Herzfeld, Thomas & Rajcaniova, Miroslava, 2014. "Transport infrastructure and economic growth: Panel data approach for Armenia, Georgia and Turkey," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 168922, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jacobo Campo Robledo & Juan Pablo Herrera Saavedra, 2016.
"Patentes y crecimiento econÃ³mico: Â¿innovaciÃ³n de residentes o no residentes?,"
Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE, vol. 76, February.
- Jacobo Campo Robledo & Juan Pablo Herrera Saavedra, 2014. "Patentes y Crecimiento EconÃ³mico:Â¿InnovaciÃ³n de Residentes o No Residentes?," Estudios EconÃ³micos SIC 010909, Superintendencia de Industria y Comercio.
- Lin, Boqiang & Omoju, Oluwasola E., 2017. "Focusing on the right targets: Economic factors driving non-hydro renewable energy transition," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 52-63.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking margins; Intermediary; Financial regulation; Tax distortions;
All these keywords.
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdr:ensayo:v:35:y:2017:i:83:p:154-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/brcgvco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.