Characteristics of Informal Economy and Competitiveness in Transition to Market Economy
The article examines the specific conditions and characteristics, which underlie the development of the informal economy and competitiveness and their interrelation in transition economies. A system of competitiveness indicators has been defined, which were subsequently, taking into account the impact of the informal economy. The applied indicators enable the investigation of the determinants of competitiveness. The applied indicators were designed to reflect the specificities. transition countries. The analysis of these indicators reveals the specific characteristics of the informal economy and competitiveness in transition economies.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3, Aksakov Str., 1040, Sofia|
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Johnson & Daniel Kaufman & Andrei Shleifer, 1997. "The Unofficial Economy in Transition," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(2), pages 159-240.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2004. "The Size of the Shadow Economies of 145 Countries all over the World: First Results over the Period 1999 to 2003," IZA Discussion Papers 1431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eilat, Yair & Zinnes, Clifford, 2002. "The Shadow Economy in Transition Countries: Friend or Foe? A Policy Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1233-1254, July.
- Daniel Gros & Marc Suhrcke, 2000.
"Ten Years After: What is Special about Transition Countries?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
327, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gros, Daniel & Suhrcke, Marc, 2000. "Ten years after : what is special about transition countries?," HWWA Discussion Papers 86, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:econst:y:2007:i:4:p:126-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.