The Consequences Of Strategic Orientation Of The Firm On Business Performance
This study aims to develop a conceptual model used for empirical testing of strategic orientation and the effects of the strategic orientation on organizational performance. As the strategic orientations addressed by organizations vary by organizational environment, the main objective of strategic management research has been to determine and understand performance differences between firms. The present research used the results obtained by interviewing 121 large companies in Romania, and by using simple linear regression, we tested the existence of strategic orientation in these companies and its effects on organizational performance. This research confirms the presence of strategic orientation at firm level and its positive effect on performance. The major contribution of this study is that it complements the empirical data in existing literature around the effects of strategic orientation on organizational performance.
Volume (Year): XIV (2016)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. A.I. Cuza nr. 13, Craiova|
Phone: 004 0251 411317
Fax: 004 0251 411317
Web page: http://feaa.ucv.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Auh, Seigyoung & Menguc, Bulent, 2005. "Balancing exploration and exploitation: The moderating role of competitive intensity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1652-1661, December.
- Keh, Hean Tat & Nguyen, Thi Tuyet Mai & Ng, Hwei Ping, 2007. "The effects of entrepreneurial orientation and marketing information on the performance of SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 592-611, July.
- Wright, Peter & Kroll, Mark & Pray, Bevalee & Lado, Augustine, 1995. "Strategic orientations, competitive advantage, and business performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 143-151, June.
- Hooley, Graham J. & Greenley, Gordon E. & Cadogan, John W. & Fahy, John, 2005. "The performance impact of marketing resources," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 18-27, January.
- N. Venkatraman, 1989. "Strategic Orientation of Business Enterprises: The Construct, Dimensionality, and Measurement," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 942-962, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aio:manmar:v:xiv:y:2016:i:2:p:188-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin Barbu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.