Factors Contributing To Earnings Success Of Cash Grain Farms
The objective of this study was to identify factors which contribute to the earnings' success of cash grain farms in the United States. The study analyzes three measures of success including net farm income per dollar of asset, operators' returns to labor and management, and operators' management income. Logit regression analysis shows that controlling variable costs, ownership, management ability, technology adoption, and diversification are important factors that influence success.
Volume (Year): 31 (1999)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971.
"Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972. "Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-95, December.
- Merlin M. Hackbart & Donald A. Anderson, 1978. ""On Measuring Economic Diversification": Reply," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(1), pages 110-112.
- Bailey, DeeVon & Biswas, Basudeb & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Schulthies, B. Kris, 1989. "An Analysis Of Technical, Allocative, And Scale Inefficiency: The Case Of Ecuadorian Dairy Farms," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(01), July.
- Kauffman, Jonas B. III & Tauer, Loren W., 1986. "Successful Dairy Farm Management Strategies Indentified By Stochastic Dominance Analyses Of Farm Records," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 15(2), October.
- Ali, Mir B. & Johnson, Roger G., 1987. "Factors Influencing Economic Success of North Dakota Farms," Agricultural Economics Reports 23352, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Hurd, Brian H., 1994. "Yield Response And Production Risk: An Analysis Of Integrated Pest Management In Cotton," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.