Factors Contributing To Financially Successful Southern Rice Farms
The purpose of this study is to determine factors contributing to the likelihood of financial success among rice farms. The results showed that the ratio of government payments to total production value, tenure, crop diversification, cost control, education, yield, and debt-to-asset ratio were significant factors influencing at least one financial success measure. Key words: competitiveness, rice farms, farm success, farm profitability.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haden, Kimberly L. & Johnson, Larry A., 1989. "Factors Which Contribute To The Financial Performance Of Selected Tennessee Dairies," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Johnson, James D. & El-Osta, Hisham S., 1998. "Determinants of Financial Performance of Commercial Dairy Farms," Technical Bulletins 33561, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Kauffman, Jonas B. III & Tauer, Loren W., 1986. "Successful Dairy Farm Management Strategies Indentified By Stochastic Dominance Analyses Of Farm Records," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 15(2), October.
- Purdy, Barry M. & Langemeier, Michael R. & Featherstone, Allen M., 1997. "Financial Performance, Risk, And Specialization," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), July.
- Steven T. Sonka & Robert H. Hornbaker & Michael A. Hudson, 1989. "Managerial Performance and Income Variability for a Sample of Illinois Cash Grain Producers," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 37-47.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Johnson, James D., 1999. "Factors Contributing To Earnings Success Of Cash Grain Farms," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(03), December.
- Ford, Stephen A. & Shonkwiler, John Scott, 1994. "The Effect Of Managerial Ability On Farm Financial Success," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 23(2), October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.