Impact Of National Generic Dairy Advertising On Dairy Markets, 1984-95
The impacts of generic dairy advertising on retail, wholesale, and farm dairy markets are estimated in this study at the national level. The results indicate that generic dairy advertising had a major impact on retail, wholesale, and farm markets for the dairy industry. The main conclusion of the study is that farmers are receiving a high return on their investment in generic dairy advertising, i.e., an average rate of return of $3.40 for every dollar invested over the period 1984-95. Moreover, the return on investment in advertising was higher in the most recent year, almost double the average for the previous 11 years.
Volume (Year): 29 (1997)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Harry de Gorter, 1985.
"Regulation in a Dynamic Market: The U.S. Dairy Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(4), pages 821-832.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Harry D. Gorter, 1985. "Regulation in a Dynamic Market: The U.S. Dairy Industry," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-34, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Reberte, J. Carlos & Kaiser, Harry M. & Lenz, John E. & Forker, Olan D., 1996.
"Generic Advertising Wearout: the Case of the New York City Fluid Milk Campaign,"
122816, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Reberte, J. Carlos & Kaiser, Harry M. & Lenz, John E. & Forker, Olan D., 1996. "Generic Advertising Wearout: The Case Of The New York City Fluid Milk Campaign," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Kaiser, Harry M., 1995. "An Analysis of Generic Dairy Promotion in the United States," Research Bulletins 122997, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.