The Rise of New Farmer Cooperatives in China: Evidence from Hubei Province
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Ruben, Ruerd, 2007. "Impacts of Collective Action on Smallholders' Commercialisation: Evidence from Dairy in Ethiopia," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9418, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jose Blandon & Spencer Henson & John Cranfield, 2009. "Small-scale farmer participation in new agri-food supply chains: Case of the supermarket supply chain for fruit and vegetables in Honduras," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 971-984.
- Dinghuan Hu & Thomas Reardon & Scott Rozelle & Peter Timmer & Honglin Wang, 2004. "The Emergence of Supermarkets with Chinese Characteristics: Challenges and Opportunities for China's Agricultural Development," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 557-586, September.
- Deng, Hengshan & Huang, Jikun & Xu, Zhigang & Rozelle, Scott, 2010. "Policy support and emerging farmer professional cooperatives in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 495-507, December.
- Hussi, P. & Murphy, J. & Lindberg, O. & Brenneman, L., 1993. "The Development of Cooperatives and Other Rural Organizations: The Role of the World Bank," Papers 199, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon, 2000. "Agroindustrialization through institutional innovation: Transaction costs, cooperatives and milk-market development in the east-African highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 279-288, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abebe Ejigu Alemu & Miet Maertens & Jozef Deckers & Hans Bauer & Erik Mathijs, 2016. "Impact of supply chain coordination on honey farmers’ income in Tigray, Northern Ethiopia," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Sultan, Tursinbek & Wolz, Axel, 2012. "Agricultural Cooperative Development in China and Vietnam since Decollectivization: A Multi-Stakeholder Approach," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 40(2).
- Alemu, Abebe Ejigu & Adesina, Jimi, 2015. "Effects of cooperatives and contracts on rural income and production in the dairy supply chains: Evidence from Northern Ethiopia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(4), December.
More about this item
Keywordsmarketing cooperatives; Farmer Professional Cooperatives; cooperative performance; cooperative legislation; China; Agribusiness; Community/Rural/Urban Development; International Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlorco:163917. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caehuil.html .