Role of Financial Variables in Explaining the Profitability of North Dakota Farm Supply and Grain Marketing Cooperatives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Boyd, Scott & Boland, Michael A. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Barton, David G., 2007.
"Determinants of Return on Equity in U.S. Local Farm Supply and Grain Marketing Cooperatives,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 1-10, April.
- Boyd, Scott & Boland, Michael & Dhuyvetter, Kevin & Barton, David, 2007. "Determinants of Return on Equity in U.S. Local Farm Supply and Grain Marketing Cooperatives," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 201-210, April.
- Kehoe, Timothy J & Levine, David K, 2001. "Liquidity Constrained Markets versus Debt Constrained Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 575-598, May.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2006.
"Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 139-156, October.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2005. "Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis," GEMF Working Papers 2005-07, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Westhoff, Patrick C., 2008. "Farm Commodity Prices: Why the Boom and What Happens Now?," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 1-5.
- Boland, Michael A. & Golden, Bill B. & Tsoodle, Leah J., 2008.
"Agency Theory Issues in the Food Processing Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 1-12, August.
- Boland, Michael A. & Golden, Bill B. & Tsoodle, Leah J., 2008. "Agency Theory Issues in the Food Processing Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 623-634, August.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Zvi Lerman & Claudia Parliament, 1990. "Comparative performance of cooperatives and investor-owned firms in US food industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 527-540.
- Sexton, Richard J. & Iskow, Julie, 1993. "What Do We Know About the Economic Efficiency of Cooperatives: An Evaluative Survey," Journal of Agricultural Cooperation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, vol. 8, pages 1-13.
- Russell, Levi A. & Briggeman, Brian C. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2013. "Debt and Input Misallocation in Farm Supply and Marketing Cooperatives: A DEA Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150445, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- David G. Barton & Ted C. Schroeder & Allen M. Featherstone, 1993. "Evaluating the feasibility of local cooperative consolidations: A case study," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 281-294.
- McKee, Gregory J., 2008. "The Financial Performance of North Dakota Grain Marketing and Farm Supply Cooperatives," Journal of Cooperatives, NCERA-210, vol. 21, pages 1-22.
- Mark, Darrell R. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Anderson, Kim B. & Small, Rebecca M., 2008. "Price Risk Management Alternatives for Farmers in the Absence of Forward Contracts with Grain Merchants," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 1-4.
- Kenkel, Philip L. & Spence, Becky & Gilbert, Amy, 2003. "Post Merger Financial Performance Of Oklahoma Cooperatives," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35023, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Rafat A. M. E. Soboh & Alfons Oude Lansink & Gerard Giesen & Gert van Dijk, 2009. "Performance Measurement of the Agricultural Marketing Cooperatives: The Gap between Theory and Practice," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 446-469, September.
- Tim Hazledine, 1989. "Market power or relative efficiency? an examination of profitability performance in the Canadian food and beverage sector," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 25-42.
- Hailu, Getu & Jeffrey, Scott R. & Goddard, Ellen W. & Ng, Desmond W., 2005. "Regulatory Environment, Cooperative Structure, and Agency Costs for Cooperative Agribusiness Firms in Canada: Comparative Case Studies," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 36(2), pages 1-11, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theo Benos & Nikos Kalogeras & Martin Wetzels & Ko De Ruyter & Joost M. E. Pennings, 2018. "Harnessing a ‘Currency Matrix’ for Performance Measurement in Cooperatives: A Multi-Phased Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-1, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Marketing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlorco:163815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caehuil.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.