“Status of Supply Chain Finance in FMCG companies- a Benchmarking Approach”
A company’s performance significantly depends on how well a company manages its finances keeping in view the short term hurdles and long term goals. One objective of ﬁnancial statement analysis is to determine ﬁrm value. Research suggests that a ﬁrm’s value is a function of the expected future growth and proﬁtability of the ﬁrm (e.g., Ohlson, 1995). The purpose of this study is to assess the performance of the top players in the Indian FMCG industry and benchmark the best player’s actions in different scenarios to be the best practice in the industry. The author mainly concentrates on which company stood in what place in tacking different finance constraints of supply chain. Inputs and outputs are strategically selected to show cases ranging from short term transfers to company capital structure. The results show that each company is good at different cases and they did earn them with good management. Also it is evident that company that has been managing its finances well was rewarded with a good market share.
|Date of creation:||19 Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2006.
"Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 139-156, October.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2005. "Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis," GEMF Working Papers 2005-07, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Greg Filbeck & Thomas M. Krueger, 2005. "An Analysis of Working Capital Management Results Across Industries," American Journal of Business, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 11-20.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.