Mexican Meat demand Parameters Before and After NAFTA: Evidence from Household Surveys 1992â€“2004
A censored Nonlinear QUAIDS model was applied to estimate Mexican meat demand parameters using annual household survey data for six years from 1992 to 2004. Results suggest that in Mexico and throughout the analyzed period, beef and pork meat were luxury items while chicken was a normal good. Small but not significant changes in meat demand parameters were found after NAFTA implementation, suggesting that changes on consumer behavior might take longer periods to be quantifiable.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diansheng Dong & J.S. Shonkwiler & Oral Capps, 1998. "Estimation of Demand Functions Using Cross-Sectional Household Data: The Problem Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 466-473.
- Harald Tauchmann, 2005. "Efficiency of two-step estimators for censored systems of equations: Shonkwiler and Yen reconsidered," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 367-374.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Pan, Suwen & Mohanty, Samarendu & Welch, Mark, 2008. "India Edible Oil Consumption: A Censored Incomplete Demand Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(03), December.
- Panayiota Lyssiotou & Panos Pashardes & Thanasis Stengos, 2001.
"Nesting Quadratic Logarithmic Demand Systems,"
University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics
0201, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-71, July.
- Pan, Suwen & Mohanty, Samarendu & Welch, Mark, 2008. "India Edible Oil Consumption: A Censored Incomplete Demand Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 821-835, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlofdr:139064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.