Does Urbanisation Influence Agricultural Activities? A Case Study of Andhra Pradesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshi, P.K. & Gulati, Ashok & Birthal, Pratap S. & Tewari, Laxmi, 2003. "Agriculture diversification in South Asia," MSSD discussion papers 57, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pingali, Prabhu & Khwaja, Yasmeen, 2004. "Globalisation of Indian diets and the transformation of food supply systems," ESA Working Papers 23796, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Birthal, Pratap Singh & Joshi, P.K. & Roy, Devesh & Thorat, Amit, 2007. "Diversification in Indian agriculture towards high-value crops: The role of smallholders," IFPRI discussion papers 727, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Prabhu Pingali & Yasmeen Khwaja, 2004. "Globalization of Indian Diets and the Transformation of Food Supply Systems," Working Papers 04-05, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rao, P. Parthasarathy & Birthal, P. S. & Joshi, P. K. & Kar, D., 2004. "Agricultural diversification in India and role of urbanization," MTID discussion papers 77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Filippini, Massimo & Srinivasan, Suchita, 2019.
"Impact of religious participation, social interactions and globalization on meat consumption: Evidence from India,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(S1).
- Massimo Filippini & Suchita Srinivasan, 2018. "Impact of religious participation, social interactions and globalisation on meat consumption: evidence from India," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 18/304, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- S.Mahendra Dev & N. Chandrasekhara Rao, 2008. "Food Processing in Andhra Pradesh Opportunities and Challenges," Working Papers id:1660, eSocialSciences.
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Joshi, P.K. & Chauhan, Sonia & Singh, Harvinder, 2008. "Can Horticulture Revitalise Agricultural Growth?," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 63(3), pages 1-12.
- Alessandrini, Michele & Buccellato, Tullio & Scaramozzino, Pasquale, 2008. "Whither the Indian Federation? Regional Disparities and Economic Reforms," MPRA Paper 23416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raghav Gaiha & Nidhi Kaicker & Katsushi Imai & Vani S. Kulkarni & Ganesh Thapa, 2012.
"Has Dietary Transition Slowed Down in India: An analysis based on 50th, 61st and 66th Rounds of NSS,"
ASARC Working Papers
2012-07, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Raghav Gaiha & Nidhi Kaicker & Katsushi S. Imai & Vani S. Kulkarni & Ganesh Thapa, 2012. "Has Dietary Transition Slowed Down in India: An Analysis Based on 50th, 61st and 66th Rounds of NSS," Discussion Paper Series DP2012-15, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Raghav Gaiha & Nidhi Kaicker & Katsushi S. Imai & Vani S. Kulkarni & Ganesh Thapa, 2012. "Has Dietary Transition Slowed Down in India: An Analysis Based on the 50th, 61st and 66th Rounds of the NSS," Economics Discussion Paper Series 1212, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Law, Cherry, 2019. "Unintended consequence of trade on regional dietary patterns in rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 277-293.
- Sachdev, H.P.S., 2012. "Exploring agricultural levers for mitigating the overnutrition burden in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1183, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pingali, Prabhu, 2007.
"Westernization of Asian diets and the transformation of food systems: Implications for research and policy,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 281-298, June.
- Prabhu Pingali, 2004. "Westernization of Asian Diets and the Transformation of Food Systems: Implications for research and policy," Working Papers 04-17, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Hilal Al Shamsi & Abdullah Ghthaith Almutairi & Sulaiman Salim Al Mashrafi, 2018. "Food and Nutrition Systems in India Change as a Result of the Nutrition Transition: The Implications on the Food and Nutrition System in Relating to Changes in the Food Supply and Dietary Intakes," Global Journal of Health Science, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(9), pages 1-74, September.
- Hussain, Safdar & Ahmed, Wasim & Rabnawaz, Ambar & Jafar, Rana Muhammad Sohail & Saqib, Zulkaif Ahmed & Ullah, Sana & JianZhou, Yang, 2016. "Client Intentions and Buying Behavior with Regard of Dairy Products-Review," MPRA Paper 70383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vagneron, Isabelle, 2007.
"Economic appraisal of profitability and sustainability of peri-urban agriculture in Bangkok,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 516-529, March.
- Vagneron, I., 2006. "Economic Appraisal of Profitability and Sustainability of Peri-Urban Agriculture in Bangkok," Working Papers MoISA 200614, UMR MoISA : Montpellier Interdisciplinary center on Sustainable Agri-food systems (social and nutritional sciences): CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRAE, L'Institut Agro, Montpellier SupAgro, IRD - Montpellier, France.
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Roy, Devesh & Negi, Digvijay S., 2015. "Assessing the Impact of Crop Diversification on Farm Poverty in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 70-92.
- Keil, Alwin & Saint-Macary, Camille & Zeller, Manfred, 2013. "Intensive Commercial Agriculture in Fragile Uplands of Vietnam: How to Harness its Poverty Reduction Potential while Ensuring Environmental Sustainability?," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2006. "Agricultural growth, employment and wage rates in developing countries," Economics Discussion Paper Series 0621, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Singh, K.M. & Singh, R.K.P. & Jha, A.K. & Kumar, Abhay, 2013. "A Micro Analysis of Fodder Production and Marketing in India: The Case of Bihar," MPRA Paper 53548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chandana Maitra & Sriram Shankar & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2016. "Income Poor or Calorie Poor? Who should get the Subsidy?," Discussion Papers Series 564, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Singh, Amarendra Pratap & Narayanan, Krishnan, 2016. "How can weather affect crop area diversity? Panel data evidence from Andhra Pradesh, a rice growing state of India," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 118(2), pages 1-10, August.
- Shinoj, P. & Kumar, B. Ganesh & Joshi, P.K. & Datta, K.K., 2009. "Export of India’s Fish and Fishery Products: Analysing the Changing Pattern/Composition and Underlying Causes," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 64(4), pages 1-16.
- Varun Kumar Das, 2018. "Looking Beyond the Farm and Household: Determinants of On-farm Diversification in India," Working Papers id:12945, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Community/Rural/Urban Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:inijae:204640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/isaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/isaeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.