Efficiency And Equity Considerations In The Design Of Agricultural Technology In Developing Countries
The green revolution in developing countries magnified concern about the efficient allocation of agricultural research resources and the distributional consequences of alternative research resource allocation and technology design strategies. These concerns are being increasingly reflected in the planning, management and research activities of the international agricultural research centres. In this paper a description is given of how economists at one centre contributed their expertise to the ex ante analysis of some key issues in this complex milieu, such as the determination of research goals and priorities, the small-large farm dichotomy or nexus, income distribution and employment effects, human nutritional considerations and farmer risk attitudes.
Volume (Year): 28 (1984)
Issue (Month): 02-03 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Anderson, Jock R. & Dillon, John L., 1984.
"Perspectives On Assessing The Impacts Of Improved Agricultural Technologies In Developing Countries,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 28(02-03).
- J. Brian Hardaker & Jock R. Anderson & John L. Dillon, 1984. "Perspectives On Assessing The Impacts Of Improved Agricultural Technologies In Developing Countries," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 28(2-3), pages 87-108, 08-12.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1978.
"Bureaucratic Productivity: The Case Of Agricultural Research,"
13911, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Vernon Ruttan, 1980. "Bureaucratic productivity: The case of agricultural research," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 529-547, January.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-46, September.
- Greig, I.D., 1981. "Agricultural Research Management and the Ex Ante Evaluation of Research Proposals : A Review," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(02), August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.