Journal of Macroeconomics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: Douglas McMillin
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Theodore Palivos
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jmacro
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1996, Volume 18, Issue 4
1996, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 381-401 The development of modern macroeconomics: Reflections in the light of Johnson's analysis after twenty-five years
by Snowdon, Brian & Vane, Howard R.
- 403-428 Do federal deficits affect interest rates? Evidence from three econometric methods
by Miller, Stephen M. & Russek, Frank S.
- 429-447 The effect of changing monetary policy regimes on stock prices
by Kearney, Adrienne A.
- 449-462 Money, taxes, and endogenous growth
by Todd Smith, R.
- 463-478 The behavior of velocity and nominal interest rates in a cash-in-advance model
by Basu, Parantap & Dua, Pami
- 479-501 The role of detrending methods in a model of real business cycles
by Park, Gonyung
- 503-519 Testing for a unit root in time series with trend breaks
by Lee, Jim
- 521-529 Fueling the engine of growth with investment in infrastructure: A lesson from neoclassical growth theory
by Neill, Jon R.
- 531-549 Permanent income and credit rationing in the open economy multiplier/accelerator model: An exercise for the developing countries case
by Kaskarelis, Ioannis A. & Varelas, Erotokritos G.
1996, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 197-211 Balanced budget multipliers
by Wynne, Mark A.
- 213-234 Financial dualism in a cash-in-advance economy
by Daniel, Betty C. & Kim, Hong-Bum
- 235-251 The long-run variance of output and inflation under alternative monetary policy rules
by Defina, Robert H. & Stark, Thomas C. & Taylor, Herbert E.
- 253-270 A substitution test of long-run money demand
by Norrbin, Stefan C. & Reffett, Kevin L.
- 271-288 On asymmetric costs of disequilibrium and forecasting money demand
by Lee, Kiseok & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 289-298 Further evidence on the stabilization of postwar economic fluctuations
by Parker, Randall E. & Rothman, Philip
- 299-313 The cointegrating relationship between productivity, real exchange rates and purchasing power parity
by Strauss, Jack
- 315-340 Macroeconomic conditions, class mobility, and inequality
by Vijverberg, Chu-Ping C.
- 341-351 Note on human capital externalities
by Einarsson, Tor & Marquis, Milton H.
- 353-358 On finite life times and growth
by Chetty, V. K. & Ratha, Dilip
- 359-372 Predicting the pattern of economics research: The case of the real business cycle theory
by Kirschner, Denise & Rhee, Wooheon
1996, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-26 Oil price volatility and the macroeconomy
by Peter Ferderer, J.
- 27-47 Aggregate economic fluctuations in endogenous growth models
by Ozlu, Elvan
- 49-68 Target zones and alternative proposals for G3 policy coordination: An empirical evaluation using GEM
by Christodoulakis, Nicos & Garratt, Anthony & Currie, David
- 69-87 Real disturbances, relative prices and purchasing power parity
by Dibooglu, Selahattin
- 89-109 An evaluation of federal reserve forecasting
by Jansen, Dennis W. & Kishan, Ruby Pandey
- 111-125 Seigniorage and tax smoothing: Testing the extended tax-smoothing model
by Evans, J. Lynne & Amey, Michael C.
- 127-137 A simple pecuniary model of money and growth with transactions cost
by Zhang, Junxi
- 139-153 Transitions from stable equilibrium points to periodic cycles to chaos in a phillips curve system
by Soliman, A. S.
- 155-169 The macroeconomic effects of the postwar baby boom: Evidence from Australia
by Lenehan, A. J.
- 171-176 The black market exchange rate and demand for money in Iran
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen
- 177-185 Comment on Frenkel and Taylor's "Money Demand and Inflation in Yugoslavia, 1980-1989"
by Petrovic, Pavle & Vujosevic, Zorica
1995, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 551-577 Long-run relations among the G-5 and G-7 equity markets: Evidence on the Plaza and Louvre Accords
by Leachman, Lori L. & Francis, Bill
- 579-599 Symmetry restrictions and the semblance of neutrality in exchange rate models
by Goldberg, Michael D.
- 601-621 Optimal management of international reserves
by Jung, Chulho
- 623-649 Growth and finance: An intertemporal model
by Asada, Toichiro & Semmler, Willi
- 651-665 Monetary policy and macroeconomic equilibrium in an oligopolistic economy
by Damania, D. & Masden, Jakob B.
- 667-682 The quantity theory of money and its long-run implications
by Moazzami, Bakhtiar & Gupta, Kanhaya L.
- 683-702 Inflation and the asymmetric effects of money on output fluctuations
by Rhee, Wooheon & Rich, Robert W.
- 703-716 Vintage capital accumulation: Endogenous growth conditions
by De Mello, L. Jr.
- 717-732 Deflating the productivity norm
by Dowd, Kevin
- 733-740 The case for a "productivity norm": Comment on Dowd
by Selgin, George
1995, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 377-386 Ignorance may be optimal? Some welfare implications of rational versus non-rational expectations
by Holmes, James M. & Dowd, Michael R. & Black, David C.
- 387-404 The liquidity effect: Identifying short-run interest rate dynamics using long-run restrictions
by Lastrapes, William D. & Selgin, George
- 405-420 On equilibrium credit rationing and interest rates
by Gray, Jo Anna & Wu, Ying
- 421-446 A simple economy with human capital: Transitional dynamics, technology shocks, and fiscal policies
by Faig, Miquel
- 447-469 Intertemporal substitution in war and peace: Evidence from the United Kingdom, 1830-1990
by Van Dalen, Hendrik P.
- 471-494 Consumption, external assets and the real interest rate
by Otto, Glenn & Voss, Graham M.
- 495-514 Inflation and the real price of equities: Theory with some empirical evidence
by Bianconi, Marcelo
- 515-531 Inflation, reserve requirements, and real interest rates with direct and indirect loan markets
by Davis, George & Toma, Mark
- 533-542 Inflation, human capital accumulation and long-run growth
by Pecorino, Paul
1995, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 187-205 Capital complementarity, time-to-build, and the persistence of investment starts
by Montgomery, Michael R.
- 207-226 Inflation and money growth under the international gold standard, 1850-1913
by Craig, Lee A. & Fisher, Douglas & Spencer, Theresa A.
- 227-240 Do shifts in federal reserve policy regimes explain interest rate anomalies?
by Gamber, Edward N. & Hakes, David R.
- 241-255 Trends versus cycles: Asymmetric preferences and heterogeneous individual responses
by Pemberton, James
- 257-272 Price cyclicality in the natural rate-nominal demand shock model
by Hall, Thomas E.
- 273-288 The Sung and Ming paper monies: Currency competition and currency bubbles
by Chen, Chau-Nan & Chang, Pin-Tsun & Chen, Shikuan
- 289-301 Can fiscal spending be contractionary when interest rates have supply-side effects?
by Myatt, Anthony & Scarth, William M.
- 303-317 The effect of macroeconomic variables on economic growth rates: A cross-country study
by Garrison, Charles B. & Lee, Feng-Yao
- 319-331 Equilibrium policy with dynamically naive agents
by Loewy, Michael B.
- 333-346 The Fisher effect: Reprise
by Pelaez, Rolando F.
- 347-355 A Markov switching model for the Hungarian price stabilization plan of 1924
by Imrohoroglu, Selahattin
- 357-368 Monetary policy as a decision-making hierarchy: The case of Taiwan
by Shen, Chung-Hua & Hakes, david R.
1995, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-30 Public and private investment: Are there causal linkages?
by Erenburg, S. J. & Wohar, Mark E.
- 31-53 Growth with imported capital goods, limited export demand and foreign debt
by Ziesemer, Thomas
- 55-76 A cross-industry examination of the Lucas misperceptions model
by Kandil, Magda & Woods, Jeffrey G.
- 77-91 High inflation rates and the long-run money demand function: Evidence from cointegration tests
by Choudhry, Taufiq
- 111-129 Optimal seigniorage versus interest rate smoothing
by Froyen, Richard T. & Waud, Roger N.
- 131-148 Testing aggregate neutrality with heterogeneous sectors
by Landon, Stuart
- 149-160 A statistical note on possible institutional regimes in budget policy
by Mounts, Wm. Jr. & Sowell, Clifford
- 161-171 Credibility effects of price controls in disinflation programs
by Agenor, Pierre-Richard
1994, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 589-611 An aggregate model of the Canadian labor market
by Keil, Manfred W. & Symons, James S. V.
- 613-627 Liquidity and business investment: Evidence from dutch panel data
by Ees, Hans Van & Garretsen, Harry
- 629-651 Stock market interdependencies: Evidence from the asian NIEs
by Chowdhury, Abdur R.
- 653-670 Forecast smoothing and the optimal under-utilization of information at the federal reserve
by Scotese, Carol A.
- 671-682 Modeling changes in monetary policy regimes
by Lombra, Raymond E.
- 683-699 Sterilization, ricardian equivalence and structural and reduced-form estimates of the offset coefficient
by Pasula, Kit
- 701-714 Unemployment rates in postbellum America: 1869-1899
by Vernon, J. R.
- 715-728 Public investment criterion with distorted capital markets in an overlapping generations economy
by Yakita, Akira
- 729-734 The term structure of interest rates within a production economy: A parametric example
by Salyer, Kevin D.
1994, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 383-402 Transactions cost and durable consumption: A general-equilibrium approach
by Hu, Sheng Cheng
- 403-422 Purchasing power parity in high-inflation countries: further evidence
by Mahdavi, Saeid & Zhou, Su
- 423-444 On the dynamic behavior of Schinasi's business cycle model
by Sasakura, Kazuyuki
- 445-459 Comparing U.S. GNP volatility across exchange rate regimes: An application of spahe cracking
by Cunningham, Steven R. & Vilasuso, Jon
- 461-477 Does the federal reserve create political monetary cycles?
by Belton, Willie Jr. & Cebula, Richard J.
- 479-491 Symmetric information implicit contracts when both the labor pool and capital stock are endogenous
by Ellis, Christopher J & Kolpin, Van
- 493-507 Human capital and income taxation in an endogenous growth model
by Ni, Shawn & Wang, Xinghe
- 509-521 Stock market data, vacancies and sectoral dispersion
by Zagorsky, Jay L.
- 523-537 Monetary policy, fiscal policy and intervention in a model of exchange-rate and aggregate-demand dynamics
by Natividad-Carlos, Fidelina B.
- 539-545 An expository model of credit rationing
by Waller, Christopher J. & Lewarne, Stephen
- 547-551 Business cycle sources and price level-output correlation
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 553-558 Partisan profiles in presidential policies: An extension of "presidential preferences for inflation versus unemployment"
by Siebrand, Jan C. & Swank, Otto H.
- 559-562 Partisan profiles in presidential policies: A reply to a partisan proponent
by Zaleski, Peter A.
1994, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 193-220 Accounting for the great depression: A historical decomposition
by Fackler, James S. & Parker, Randall E.
- 221-241 Entry barriers and price movements between major and emerging stock markets
by Rogers, John H.
- 243-259 Capital utilization and investment when capital depreciates in use: some implications and tests
by Johnson, Paul A.
- 261-270 Inflation and growth
by Smyth, David J.
- 271-279 Is government capital productive? Evidence from a panel of seven countries
by Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios
- 281-293 Rates of return and the supply of government assets
by Dow, James Jr.
- 295-311 Taxation, growth and competitiveness in a two-country mode
by Pecorino, Paul
- 313-327 Real national price levels: An empirical reassessment
by Desser, Arna
- 329-346 Testing the long-run implications of the neoclassical growth model for Canada
by Serletis, Apostolos
- 347-357 Short-run analysis of fiscal policy and the current account in a finite horizon model
by Zou, Heng-Fu
- 359-367 Testing for exchange rate bubbles using variance inequalities
by Kalyvitis, Sarantis & Pittis, Nikitas
- 369-374 A note on the unbiasedness test of rationality using survey data
by McAleer, Michael & Smith, Jeremy
1994, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-36 Sources of macroeconomic fluctuations in small open economies
by Ahmed, Shaghil & Park, Jae Ha
- 37-54 Nominal debt, default costs, and output
by Jefferson, Philip N.
- 55-76 The impact of government deficits when credit markets are imperfect: Evidence from the interwar period
by Raynold, Prosper
- 77-97 The algebra of price stability
by Balke, Nathan S. & Emery, Kenneth M.
- 99-107 Asset and currency prices in an exchange economy with transactions costs
by Bougheas, Spiros
- 109-128 Aggregation over products and the speed of adjustment in inventory models
by Bivin, David
- 129-156 A simple keynesian model with flexible wages: A succinct synthesis
by Wolfson, Paul
- 157-170 Rational expectations, saving and anticipated changes in income: Evidence from Malaysia and Singapore
by Gan, Wee-Beng & Soon, Lee-Ying
1993, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 619-625 Near-rationality/menu costs, strategic complementarity, and real rigidity: An integration
by Alvi, Eskander
- 627-651 The influence of inventories on output and prices: A stage of fabrication approach
by Bivin, David
- 653-659 The gold standard, Gibson's paradox and the gold stock
by Dowd, Kevin & Sampson, Anthony A.
- 661-677 Budget deficits and the value of the dollar: An application of cointegration and error-correction modeling
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Payesteh, Sayeed
- 679-708 Variability and inflation: Evidence from developed and developing countries
by Edmonds, Radcliffe Jr. & So, Jacky C.
- 709-721 Cointegration analysis of the black market and official exchange rates in India
by Baghestani, Hamid & Noer, John
- 723-745 An application of estimating structural vector autoregression models with long-run restrictions
by Gamber, Edward N. & Joutz, Frederick L.
- 747-768 Money, income and prices under fixed exchange rates: Evidence from causality tests and VARs
by Kamas, Linda & Joyce, Joseph P.
- 769-785 An interest rate peg, inflation and output
by MacKinnon, Keith & Smithin, John
- 787-803 Effective demand and income distribution in the context of agriculture-industry demand linkage: A two-sector macroeconomic framework
by Sarkar, Prabirjit
- 805-827 Unions and the persistence of shocks to employment
by Yamane, Linus
1993, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 409-422 Does endogeneity of the money supply disprove monetary effects on economic activity?
by Cagan, Phillip
- 423-438 Testing for unit roots with very high frequency spot exchange rate data
by Goodhart, Charles A. E. & McMahon, Patrick C. & Ngama, Yerima L.
- 439-453 Monetary policies in an intertemporal macroeconomic model with imperfect competition
by Fender, John & Yip, Chong K.
- 455-481 Money demand and inflation in Yugoslavia 1980-1989
by Frenkel, Jacob A. & Taylor, Mark P.
- 483-510 The covariability of productivity shocks across industries
by Lebow, David E.
- 511-520 The impact of raising the U.S. investment rate on the wage of low-educated labor
by Lewis, Kenneth A. & Seidman, Laurence S.
- 521-552 Forward markets and changes in macroeconomic performance: The case of oil
by Farmer, Richard D.
- 553-589 Disequilibrium dynamics during the great depression
by Arcand, Jean-Louis L. & Brezis, Elise S.
- 591-610 Consumption, liquidity constraints and economic development
by Vaidyanathan, Geetha
1993, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 203-224 An empirical open-economy macro model with credit
by Fackler, James S. & Rogers, John H.
- 225-248 Velocity of money in a modified cash-in-advance economy: Theory and evidence
by Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping & Zhang, Jianbo
- 249-272 Permanent income and long-run stability in a generalized multiplier/accelerator model
by Biederman, Daniel K.
- 273-299 Imperfect competition as a micro foundation for keynesian macroeconomics: A graphical analysis
by Naish, Howard F.
- 301-327 Equilibrium vacancy and unemployment: A flow approach to the beveridge curve
by Gross, Dominique M.
- 329-347 Differential information and optimal feedback policy in new classical macroeconomic models
by Bradley, Michael D. & Jansen, Dennis W.
- 349-363 Informational advantage, exogenous variability, and economic welfare: Can the informational advantage of the policymaker reduce welfare?
by Fukuda, Shin-Ichi
- 365-380 Economic stabilization in developed and developing countries: An empirical investigation
by Kandil, Magda
- 381-400 Economic growth models with trade unions: NAIRU and union behavior
by Yabuta, Masahiro
1993, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-24 Uncertainty in interdependent economies with monopoly unions
by Jensen, Henrik
- 25-45 Purchasing power parity in the major EMS countries: The role of price and exchange rate adjustment
by Chowdhury, Abdur R. & Sdogati, Fabio
- 47-68 Sources of U.S. macroeconomic fluctuations: 1973-1989
by Karras, Georgios
- 69-89 Credibility and political business cycles
by Ellis, Christopher J. & Thoma, Mark A.
- 91-107 The role of money in Canada
by Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin
- 109-122 Tests of long-run Purchasing Power Parity using alternative methodologies
by Alston Flynn, N. & Boucher, Janice L.
- 123-138 Employment determination in macroeconomic models: Some empirical evidence
by Hofler, Richard A. & Spector, Lee C.
- 139-151 The size of the random walk in macroeconomic time series
by Raj, Baldev
- 153-163 On perfect foresight and uncertainty in economic models: Two monetary examples
by Bianconi, Marcelo
- 165-174 Unemployment, wage indexation and commercial policies
by Chao, Chi-Chur & Conlon, John R.
- 175-182 Money in the utility function: Functional equivalence to a shopping-time model
by Croushore, Dean
- 183-187 Job security in an efficiency wage model
by Sjostrom, William
1992, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 573-591 Rational expectations and the demand for money: A nonparametric approach
by Fisher, Douglas & McCrickard, Myra
- 593-606 Risk aversion and stock market volatility
by Boyle, Glenn W. & Young, Leslie
- 607-629 Stock markets and the exchange rate: A multi-country approach
by Smith, C. E.
- 631-662 Endogenous innovation in neoclassical growth models: A survey
by Verspagen, Bart
- 663-688 The design of an interest rate rule with staggered contracting and costly transacting
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 689-710 Speculative attacks: The roles of intertemporal substitution and the interest elasticity of the demand for money
by Kimbrough, Kent P.
- 711-729 Tax smoothing and tariff behavior in the United States
by Gardner, Grant W. & Kimbrough, Kent P.
- 731-744 The federal funds rate and the arbitrage pricing theory: Evidence that monetary policy matters
by Thorbecke, Willem & Alami, Tarik
- 745-754 A note on the sustainability of primary budget deficits
by Nielsen, Soren Bo
- 755-761 Using the correct economic interpretation to prove the Hawkins-Simon-Nikaido theorem: One more now
by Dasgupta, Dipankar
1992, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 383-415 Price setting, imperfect information, and the law of one price
by Daniel, Betty C.
- 417-438 An evaluation of blinder's alternative to profit sharing
by Scarth, William
- 439-448 Measurement errors in survey forecasts of expected inflation and the rationality of inflation expectations
by Smyth, David J.
- 449-466 Optimal monetary policy with an interest-equalization tax in a two-country macroeconomic model
by Benavie, Arthur & Froyen, Richard
- 467-486 The dollar and the U.S. terms of trade
by Koch, Paul D. & Rosensweig, Jeffrey A.
- 487-507 Cash-in-advance, buffer-stock monetarism, and the loanable funds-liquidity preference debate in an open economy
by Miller, Norman C.
- 509-524 Exchange rate preannouncement and economic activity: A note on southern cone stabilization attempts
by Rama, Martin
- 525-543 Stock returns and inflation: Further tests of the role of the central bank
by Ely, David P. & Robinson, Kenneth J.
- 545-553 A reexamination of market returns, discount rate changes, and market efficiency
by May, Don O.
- 555-561 Presidential preferences for inflation versus unemployment
by Zaleski, Peter A.
1992, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 199-232 A generalized method of moments approach to estimating a "Structural vector autoregression"
by Hartley, Peter R. & Walsh, Carl E.
- 233-266 The non-neutrality of money and the optimal monetary growth rule when preferences are recursive: Cash-in-advance vs. money in the utility function
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki
- 267-287 Dynamic implications of chaotic monetary policy
by DeCoster, Gregory P. & Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 289-304 Stochastic trends in consumption and the term structure of interest rates
by Fisher, Lance A. & Richardson, Paul A.
- 305-319 Incomplete information, stabilization, and the relationship between inflation and unemployment
by Kovanen, Arto
- 321-335 Capital accumulation, price stability, and base drift
by Marquis, Milton H.
- 337-347 Credit rationing, implicit contracts, risk aversion, and the variability of interest rates
by Olekalns, Nilss & Sibly, Hugh
- 349-358 Wealth, income, and consumption in a developing economy
by Laumas, Prem S. & Porter-Hudak, Susan
- 359-369 Examining the long-run effect of money on economic growth
by Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K.
- 371-375 On the Keynes and Pigou effects in aggregate demand theory
by Kyer, Ben L. & Maggs, Gary E.
1992, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-14 Monetary anticipations and the demand for money: Further tests of shock-absorber price equations
by Dorian Owen, P. & Fox, Kevin J.
- 15-32 The determinants of the tax-adjusted real interest rate
by Allen, Stuart D.
- 33-45 Some international evidence on the exogeneity of the ex ante real rate of interest and the rationality of expectations
by Thoma, Mark A.
- 47-57 Inflation-unemployment trade-offs of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents: Empirical evidence on the partisan theory
by Smyth, David J. & Taylor, Susan Washburn
- 59-86 International macroeconomic interdependence, currency substitution, and price stickiness
by Zervoyianni, Athina
- 87-103 A geometry for non-Walrasian general equilibrium theory
by Basu, Kaushik
- 105-123 Inflation, corruption, and income distribution: The recent price reform in China
by Wong, Kar-Yiu
- 125-142 Private profit and public capital
by Lynde, Catherine
- 143-154 Capital mobility and anticipated inflation with cash-in-advance constraints
by Banerji, Sanjay & Marjit, Sugata
- 155-164 Asset returns and inflation in a cash-in-advance economy
by Nakibullah, Ashraf
- 165-177 A flow of funds test of the capital inflow hypothesis
by Hosek, William R. & Zahn, Frank
- 179-186 Monetary neutrality in a dynamic macroeconomic model under alternative monetary regimes
by Belcher, Lawrence J.
1991, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 573-596 Conducting monetary policy without a nominal anchor
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 597-618 Aggregate dynamics in an open economy: The case of sluggish output adjustment
by Khang, Chulsoon
- 619-639 The alleged necessity of microfoundations
by Janssen, Maarten C.W.
- 641-656 The measurement and determination of Okun's Law: Evidence from state economies
by Blackley, Paul R.
- 657-673 Balance of payments crises and fiscal adjustment measures
by Frenkel, Michael & Klein, Martin