Journal of Macroeconomics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: Douglas McMillin
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Theodore Palivos
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jmacro
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1991, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 675-690 IS-LM under increasing returns
by Cottrell, Allin F. & Darity, William Jr.
- 691-700 The random walk hypothesis of consumption and time aggregation
by Haug, Alfred A.
- 701-711 A time series analysis of disaggregate U.S. unemployment
by Hotchkiss, Julie L.
- 713-724 Unemployment insurance and the intertemporal substitution of consumption and labor supply
by Snow, Arthur & Warren, Ronald Jr.
- 725-731 The risk premia in municipal bond yields: An application of the ARCH-M model
by Adams, Roy D. & Moghaddam, Masoud
- 733-742 Ranking federal reserve system research departments by publications in professional journals
by Jansen, Dennis W.
1991, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 395-416 Inside money and monetary neutrality
by Hartley, Peter R. & Walsh, Carl E.
- 417-434 What is the speed limit along the U.S. Phillips curve?
by Prachowny, Martin F. J.
- 435-457 Modeling the demand for consumption goods and liquid assets
by Serletis, Apostolos
- 459-477 World War II, interest rates, and fiscal policy commitments
by Toma, Mark
- 479-493 Recent interest rate behavior: The error-correction modeling approach
by Gupta, Kanhaya L. & Moazzami, Bakhtiar
- 495-510 Real wages, productivity, and the cycle: An efficiency wage model
by Chatrerji, Monojit & Sparks, Roger
- 511-521 An overlapping generations model of self-propelled growth
by Chou, Chien-Fu & Shy, Oz
- 523-534 Shifts in the indicators used by the monetary authorities in Canada
by Carmichael, Calum M.
- 535-541 Variability and forecastability of central bank preferences in a monetary policy game
by Balks, Nathan & Haslag, Joseph H.
- 543-551 A note on the demand for non-durable goods
by Dowd, Kevin
- 553-562 The transition path in a growth model: The sato controversy revisited
by Lewis, Kenneth A. & Seidman, Laurence S.
1991, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 207-237 Cross national money-income causality for the floating exchange rate period: Has the influence of U.S. and German money persisted?
by Stam, Antonie & Delorme, Charles Jr. & Finkenstadt, Barbel
- 239-266 The impact of budget deficits in the interwar period
by Beard, Thomas R. & McMillin, W. Douglas
- 267-278 Endogenous voting in a partisan model with rational voters
by Ellis, Christopher J.
- 291-298 Further evidence on the asymmetric behavior of unemployment rates over the business cycle
by Rothman, Philip
- 299-316 The natural rate and adjustment to shocks in an efficiency-wage share economy
by Koford, Kenneth J. & Miller, Jeffrey B.
- 317-334 The optimal income tax rate and exchange rate in a small open economy
by Bryson, Jay H.
- 335-350 Financial liberalization and interest rate determination: The case of the Philippines, 1981-1985
by Gochoco, Maria S.
- 351-379 Variable labor force growth and neoclassical models of growth
by Bhasin, Vijay K.
- 381-384 A further note on a correct economic interpretation of the Hawkins-Simon conditions
by Fujita, Yukihiko
1991, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-24 Under-sensitivity and under-volatility in aggregate consumption expenditures
by Cushing, Matthew J.
- 25-45 The changing cyclical variability of economic activity in the United States: A sectoral investigation
by Kandil, Magda
- 47-68 Human capital, market structure and taxation in a growth model with endogenous technical progress
by Ziesemer, Thomas
- 69-81 Relative price dispersion and unemployment
by Carlson, John A. & Rndlay, David W.
- 83-96 Intermediate target and information variable strategies revisited
by Hegji, Charles E.
- 97-115 Temporary monetary and fiscal policy in an optimizing model of exchange rate determination
by Bianconi, Marcelo
- 117-131 The price effects of monetary changes: The case of a small open economy
by Dwyer, Jacqueline A. & Lewis, Philip E. T.
- 133-155 Federal govemment expenditures and revenues in the early years of the American republic: Evidence from 1792 to 1860
by Jones, Jonathan D. & Joulfaian, David
- 157-169 Application of the RESET test to the original Andersen-Jordan equation
by Baghestani, Hamd
- 171-181 The optimal taxation of money balances in different environments
by Faig, Miquel
- 183-191 Transactions cost, endogenous labor, and the superneutrality of money
by Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K.
1990, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 519-541 Relative prices and the demand for money
by Youn Kim, H.
- 543-562 Money-supply growth and the structure of interest rates in an overlapping-generations economy
by Biederman, Daniel K.
- 563-586 Disequilibrium macroeconomics, money as a buffer stock and the estimation of money demand
by Miller, Stephen M.
- 587-598 The accumulated effects of monetary policy
by Cutler, Harvey
- 599-609 Asymmetric information, optimal money growth targets, and fed secrecy in a monetary policy game
by Cothren, Richard
- 611-624 Foreign borrowing and the real exchange rate
by Spiro, Peter S.
- 625-636 A note on implicit inventory behavior in cyclical macroeconomic models with excess demand
by Franke, Reiner
- 637-651 Problems in the estimation of equations containing perpetual inventory measured capital
by Barnhart, Scott W. & Miller, Edward M.
- 653-662 Some evidence on the influence of income uncertainty on aggregate consumption
by Flacco, Paul R. & Parker, Randall E.
- 663-674 Real balances, the inflation tax, and Sargent's consumption function
by Cushing, Matthew
- 675-689 The macroeconomics of the equal pay act
by Pratt, Leila J. & Smullen, Stephanie A. & Kyer, Ben L.
1990, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 341-362 Exchange rate volatility and U.S. multilateral trade flows
by Lastrapes, William D. & Koray, Faik
- 363-380 Unemployment persistence and loss of productive capacity: A Keynesian approach
by van de Klundert, Theo C. M. J. & van Schaik, Anton B. T. M.
- 381-397 An intertemporal error correction model of money demand for a semi-open economy
by Margarms, Dimitris & Maloy, Frances J.
- 399-413 Dynamic gains from international factor mobility: A reexamination of the theorem
by Khang, Chulsoon
- 415-426 Inflation and price change variability: Some new evidence from old data
by Buck, Andrew J.
- 427-436 A capital budgeting model of the supply and demand for loanable funds
by Kohn, Robert E.
- 437-454 "The case of the missing money" and the Lucas critique
by Cuthbertson, Keith & Taylor, Mark P.
- 455-465 Land and crowding-in effects
by Ihori, Toshihiro
- 467-474 International evidence on the non-neutrality of money
by Hsing, Yu
- 475-481 Business cycles with endogenous growth: A parametric example
by Basu, Parantap
- 483-499 "Input-inflation trade-off in industrial and developing countries": A comment and additional evidence
by Katsimbris, George M.
- 501-510 "Interest rates, exchange rates, and aggregate supply": A comment
by Chang, Wen-Ya & Lai, Ching-Chong & Chu, Yun-Peng
1990, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 167-195 The macroeconomic impact of the baby boom generation
by McMillan, Henry M. & Baesel, Jerome B.
- 197-219 Fiscal policy and current account performance: International evidence on the twin deficits
by Kearney, Colm & Monadjemi, Mehdi
- 221-246 The relaxation of price controls, the general price level, and welfare
by Kemp, Murray C. & Long, Ngo Van
- 247-261 Measuring the nearness of modern near-monies: Evidence from the 1980s
by Gauger, Jean A. & Schroeter, John R.
- 263-278 Borrowed reserves targeting and nominal income smoothing
by VanHoose, David D.
- 279-288 The trade balance and the exchange rate
by Koray, Faik
- 289-305 Keynesian unemployment and the shadow economy
by Bennett, John
- 307-321 A reexamination of the stability of the demand for money in pakistan
by Ahmad, Mushtaq & Khan, Ashfaque H.
- 323-331 Interest on reserves and reserve interest elasticity: Evidence and macroeconomic implications
by Vernon, J. R.
1990, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-22 Real interest rates and the distribution effects of unanticipated inflation
by Hayford, Marc
- 23-45 A macroeconomic model for centrally planned economies
by Ickes, Barry W.
- 47-63 Historical changes in inflation-output dynamics: A cross-country study
by Sheffrin, Steven M. & Liu, Liang-Yn
- 65-79 Inside money and real output: A reinterpretation
by Lacker, Jeffrey M.
- 81-96 Twin deficits during the 1980s: An empirical investigation
by Abell, John D.
- 97-109 Interest rate volatility and the macro rational expectations hypothesis
by Sonmez Atesoglu, H. & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 111-123 The lead and accuracy of macroeconomic forecasts
by Kolb, R. A. & Stekler, H. O.
- 125-136 Co-integration as an empirical test of purchasing power parity
by Layton, Allan P. & Stark, Jonathan P.
- 137-145 The efficient policy frontier under parameter uncertainty and multiple tools
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 147-155 Reexamination of exchange risk
by Kim, Kyung-Soo
1989, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 477-492 Relative wages and employment fluctuations
by Andersen, Torben M. & Christensen, Michael
- 493-511 Optimal taxation in a monetary economy with financial intrmediaries
by Kimbrough, Kent
- 513-531 Foreign exchange market intervention in interdependent economies: A case for capricious policy?
by Lane, Timothy D.
- 533-549 Interest rate determination in a high inflation economy
by Zilberfarb, Ben-Zion
- 551-562 Do expected budget deficits affect household expectations of interest rates?
by Dua, Pami & Arora, Harjit K.
- 563-574 Increased price flexibility and output stability
by Cantor, Richard
- 575-588 Time consistency and subgame perfect equilibria in a monetary policy game
by McTaggart, Douglas & Salant, David
- 589-598 The limits on bond financing of government deficits under pptimal fiscal policy
by Erbas, S. Nuri
- 599-607 Does fiscal policy matter in a federal economy?
by Kneebone, Ronald D.
- 609-612 Wealth effects and the current account with endogenous terms of trade
by Isaac, Alan G.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 323-332 Velocity and the growth of money in the United States, 1970-1985
by Fisher, Douglas & Serletis, Apostolos
- 333-350 Cash management and the demand for money by firms
by Marquis, Milton H. & Witte, Willard E.
- 351-373 The national price level: Theory and estimation
by Officer, Lawrence H.
- 375-381 "The national price level: Theory and estimation": A comment
by Clague, Christopher
- 383-395 The generated regressor correction: Impacts upon inferences in hypothesis testing
by Gauger, Jean
- 397-408 International evidence on output-inflation trade-offs: Results from a covariance-bounds test
by Cover, James Peery
- 409-422 Excessive sensitivity of consumption and postponed revision of the optimum plans
by Ermini, Luigi
- 423-433 Tests of the rational expectations-permanent income hypothesis for developing economies
by Zuehlke, Thomas W. & Payne, James E.
- 435-446 A note on inflation uncertainty and monetary policy
by Davis, George K.
- 447-453 Money, prices, and causality: The Chinese hyperinflation, 1946-1949, reexamined
by Quddus, Munir & Liu, Jin-Tan & Butler, John S.
- 455-461 The extent of wage indexation in Indian industries
by Datta Chaudhuri, T. & Chaudhuri, Sarmila
- 463-465 "Output-inflation trade-offs in industrial and developing countries": A corrective note
by Gerfhaeusser, Klaus
1989, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 163-180 Optimal monetary policy and alternative wage indexation schemes in a model with interest-sensitive labor supply
by Vanhoose, David D. & Waller, Christopher J.
- 181-197 Implications of endogenous money supply rules in dynamic models with perfect foresight
by Mind, Kazuo
- 199-216 Stopping inflation in the Dornbusch model: Optimal monetary policies with alternative price-adjustment equations
by Taylor, Dean
- 217-232 An investigation of government preference functions: The case of Canada, 1970-1981
by Joyce, Joseph P.
- 233-246 The stabilizing effects of price flexibility in contract-based models
by Ambler, Steve & Phaneuf, Louis
- 247-259 Aggregate supply and demand disturbances, and the business cycle
by Cutler, Harvey
- 261-268 A temporary equilibrium model of the mortgage market
by Smyth, David J. & Arora, Harat
- 269-280 A polychotomous probit measure and analysis of inflationary expectations
by Hudson, John & Lark, Richard
- 281-295 Income taxes, supply-side effects, and currency devaluation
by Lai, Ching-Chong & Chang, Wen-Ya
- 297-308 Deregulation and the demand for money market mutual funds
by Lam, Chun H. & Deb, Rajat & Fomby, Tom
- 309-314 The existence of an optimal inflation rate in a cash-in-advance economy
by Rodriguez, Alvaro
1989, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-23 Changes in long-term economic trends: Before and after the 1930s
by Davidson, Lawrence S. & Kang, Heejoon
- 25-48 Do small menu costs cause bigger and badder business cycles in monopolistic macroeconomies?
by Rowe, Nicholas
- 49-65 The determinants of fixed investment over the business cycle: Some time series evidence
by Abdullah, Dewan A. & Tank, Frederick E.
- 67-80 Interest rate volatility in a partial equilibrium model of household money demand
by Marquis, Milton H.
- 81-93 Currency substitution and demand for money in Canada: Further evidence
by Ghosh, Sukesh K.
- 95-108 A three asset determination of the transactions demand for money
by Douglas, Richard Jr.
- 109-120 Corporate mergers and investment
by Krohn, Gregory A.
- 121-132 Government budgets and aggregate consumption: Cross-sectional evidence from Canadian provincial data
by Reid, Bradford G.
- 133-140 Aggregate demand curves: Static and dynamic
by Smyth, David J.
- 141-143 Aggregate demand curves: A response
by Hall, Peter H. & Treadgold, Malcolm L.
- 145-147 Aggregate demand curves: A reply to Smyth
by Rabin, Alan & Birch, Dan
- 149-150 Reply to "A Common Error"
by Darity, William Jr. & Marrero, Wanda I.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 493-495 Strokes of genius
by de la Grandville, Olivier
- 497-514 Price structure information, ex-ante rational expectations, and policy neutrality: An optimization approach
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki
- 515-537 Price rules, wage indexing, and optimal monetary policy
by Bradley, Michael D. & Jansen, Dennis W.
- 539-564 A simulation model of macroeconomic effects of deficit
by Duguay, Pierre & Rabeau, Yves
- 565-589 Exchange rate dynamics under gradual portfolio adjustment
by Karacaoglu, Girol & Ursprung, Heinrich W.
- 591-612 Forward credit commitments and bank behavior under uncertainty: Implications for monetary control
by Arnon, Arie & Sternberg, Menachem
- 613-632 Technical change and the measurement of productivity in an input-output model
by Galamn, Malcolm
- 633-641 Oil price shocks and stability of the demand for international reserves
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen
1988, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 327-349 Instability versus dynamics: A study in West German demand for money
by Hagen, Jurgen Von & Neumann, Manfred J. M.
- 351-370 Money, debt, and economic activity
by Koray, Faik & Carter Hill, R.
- 371-387 Production technique, external shocks, and unemployment
by Landon, Stuart
- 389-405 Rational bank behavior, interest rates, and the price level in a staggered reserve accounting system
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 407-419 The feasibility of perpetual deficits
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 421-433 Is there a phillips curve in Canada? A rational expectations approach
by Koustas, Zisimos
- 435-447 Some evidence on the inflationary bias of macroeconomic policy
by Richards, Daniel J.
- 449-458 Optimal price-level flexibility
by Cover, James Peery
- 459-467 Bond rates and causality
by Hutchinson, William K. & Knelman, Suzanne Ward
- 469-475 Stability of financing deviations from expected deficits by money creation as opposed to bond creation
by Nuri Erbas, S.
- 477-485 The employment effects of tariffs in an efficient bargain model
by Yip, Chong K.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 164-182 Monetary policy and information content of indexed bonds
by Boschen, John F.
- 183-200 Real wage response to monetary shocks: A disaggregated analysis
by Kim, Benjamin J. C.
- 201-216 The flow equilibrium and the neutrality of money in a neoclassical monetary growth model
by Yakita, Akira
- 217-229 Optimal government bond finance
by Beare, John B. & Thakkar, Rasesh B.
- 231-248 The growth of U.S. household debt: Demand-side influences
by Pollin, Robert
- 249-260 Output-inflation trade-offs: Some new evidence from postwar U.S. quarterly data
by Siklos, Pierre L.
- 261-271 Bias in systems of survey and econometric forecasts
by Walz, Daniel T. & Spencer, Roger W.
- 273-282 How does the public perceive an unprecedented rise in inflation: The case of inflationary expectations in Israel
by Levy, Amnon & Spivak, Avia
- 283-296 Relative price variability and monetary policy regimes
by Vanderhoff, James
- 297-307 Unanticipated monetary policy: Another look for a developing country
by Beladi, Hamid & Samanta, Subarna
- 309-318 Female participation and the natural rate of unemployment: A reexamination
by Spector, Lee C.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-26 Another auctioneer is missing
by Annable, James
- 27-47 Federal Reserve Policy, 1975-1985: An empirical analysis
by Cosimano, Thomas F. & Jansen, Dennis W.
- 49-62 Endogeneity of the inflationary impact of an aggregate supply shock
by Havrilesky, Thomas
- 63-81 The behavior of manufacturers' inventories: 1967-1986
by Bivin, David
- 83-102 Consumption, wealth, and the real rate of interest: A reexamination
by Baum, Donald N.
- 103-124 Imperfect competition, price adjustment costs, and the long-run Philips curve
by Naish, Howard F.
- 125-137 Stabilization effect of endogenous money supply in a descriptive neoclassical growth model
by Mind, Kazuo
- 139-142 Growth and embodiment: A reply to Professor Miller
by Denison, Edward F.
- 143-148 Growth and embodiment: A reply to Denison
by Miller, Edward M.
- 149-151 A common error in the geometry of macroeconomic models
by Guccione, Antonio & Gillen, William J.
1987, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 489-504 Loss functions and public policy
by Horowitz, Ann R.
- 505-525 Credit rationing and the adjustment of the loan rate: An empirical investigation
by Kugler, Peter
- 527-543 Conflict in the labor market: Seniority rules and unemployment
by Prachowny, Martin F. J.
- 545-566 Adding exhaustibility to the traditional theory of the gold standard
by McDermott, John
- 567-591 The demand for divisia M1, M2, and M3 in the United States
by Serletis, Apostolos
- 593-611 The government deficit in a growth model: Consequences and trade-offs
by Seidman, Laurence S.
- 613-624 Implicit returns on conventional demand deposits: An empirical comparison
by Rossiter, Rosemary & Lee, Tong Hun
- 625-635 Currency devaluation with flexible wages: An application of the Cebula model
by Lai, Ching-Chong & Chang, Wen-Ya
- i-i Editorial note
by Smyth, David J.
1987, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 327-349 Mortgage contracts in a general equilibrium model when there are inflation shocks
by Manchester, Joyce
- 351-371 Reputation building in a monetary policy game
by Waller, Christopher J.
- 373-389 Investment and interest rates: An econometric dissection
by Kohu, Ulrich & Ryan, Christopher J.
- 391-405 Cross-country evidence on the relationship between central banks and governments
by Burdekin, Richard C. K.
- 407-415 Macroeconomic aspects of firm bankruptcy analysis
by Levy, Amnon & Bar-niv, Ran
- 417-427 Short-run variation in the natural rate of unemployment
by Charette, Michael F. & Kaufmann, Barry
- 429-438 Monetary versions of the balanced budget multiplier
by Weinberg, David
- 439-450 The determinants of international reserves in the small open economy: The case of Honduras
by Burkett, Paul & Ramirez, Javier & Wohar, Mark
- 451-455 Interest rates, exchange rates, and aggregate supply
by Sauernheimer, K.
- 457-462 The Wicksell-Tobin investment model
by Juttner, D. Johannes
- 463-467 Keynesian recovery: Reality down under
by Woods, Ronald N.
- 469-472 Response to Liebling
by Peterson, Wallace C. & Estenson, Paul
- 473-474 The Keynesian recovery myth: A rejoinder
by Liebling, Herman I.
1987, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 165-183 A "penalty" discount rate, bank behavior, and price and output stability
by VanHoose, David D.
- 185-202 Prices, interest rates, and the monetary standard: A study of the Gibson-Kitchin phenomenon
by Lee, Chi-Wen Jevons & Petruzzi, Christopher R.
- 203-221 Income redistribution during a disinflation
by Abraham, Jesse M.
- 223-238 Exchange rate instability in a two-country portfolio balance model
by Cadsby, Charles Bram
- 239-253 On granger causality and the monetary approach to the balance of payments
by Taylor, Mark P.
- 255-274 Anticipated monetary and fiscal policy effects on output
by Chen, Chien-Hsun & Steindl, Frank G.
- 275-285 A reexamination of the acceleration of worldwide inflation in the early 1970s
by Rabin, Alan
- 287-292 The private sector's perception of fiscal actions
by Vaghari, Jila
- 293-296 Wealth effects; IS-LM Stability, and the efficacy of economic policies: A comment
by Subrahmanyam, Ganti
- 297-315 Rational expectations estimation of macroeconomic models: some Monte Carlo results
by Aynul Hasan, M.
1987, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-12 Growth cycles, induced technical change, and perpetual conflict over the distribution of income
by van der Ploeg, F.
- 13-30 Interrelated demands for labor and buffer stocks: An empirical test
by Rossana, Robert J.
- 31-44 Australian and U.S. growth cycle linkages, 1967-1983
by Layton, Allan P.
- 45-57 Inflation, hedging, and the fisher hypothesis
by Viren, Matti