Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Massachusetts in its series Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project with number 9511.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Regional Research Project NE-165: Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance, University of Massachusetts, Dept. of Resource Economics, Amherst, MA 01003
Web page: http://www.umass.edu/ne165/
More information through EDIRC
Food quality; international trade; harmonization; mutual recognition;
Other versions of this item:
- Hooker, Neal H. & Caswell, Julie A., 1995. "Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches," Proceedings: The Economics of Reducing Health Risk from Food, June 6-7, 1995, Washington, D.C. 25964, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kinsey, Jean, 1993. "GATT and the economics of food safety," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 163-176, April.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Kleinschmit, Jaana K., 1993. "Economic Criteria for Settling Federalism Disputes with an Application to Food Safety Regulation," Working Papers 116114, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Henson, Spencer & Traill, Bruce, 1993. "The demand for food safety : Market imperfections and the role of government," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 152-162, April.
- Alan Swinbank, 1993. "Completion of the EC's internal market, mutual recognition, and the food industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 509-522.
- Junker, Joel R., 1995. "Legal Challenges Of Internationalization Of Food Distribution," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(1), February.
- Ker, Alan P., 2000. "Modeling Technical Trade Barriers Under Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Bredahl, Maury E. & Holleran, Erin, 1997. "Technical Regulations And Food Safety In Nafta," Harmonization\Convergence\Compatibility in Agriculture and Agri-Food Policy: Canada, United States and Mexico; Proceedings of the 3rd Ag... 1997 16906, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2002. "Demand for and Value of Credence Characteristics: Case Beef," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24841, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2004. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Additional Information on Food Quality and Safety," 84th Seminar, February 8-11, 2004, Zeist, The Netherlands 24980, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fearne, Andrew & Hornibrook, Susan A. & Dedman, Sandra, 2001. "The Management Of Perceived Risk In The Food Supply Chain: A Comparative Study Of Retailer-Led Beef Quality Assurance Schemes In Germany And Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(01).
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996. "Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products," Working Papers 25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 1999.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy,"
2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia
123706, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000. "A Game Theoretic Approach To Organic Foods: An Analysis Of Asymmetric Information And Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(1), April.
- Alpay, Savas & Yalcin, Ismet & Dolekoglu, Turker, 2001. "Export Performance Of Firms In Developing Countries And Food Quality And Safety Standards In Developed Countries," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20521, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Donna Roberts, 1999. "Analyzing technical trade barriers in agricultural markets: Challenges and priorities," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 335-354.
- Kola, Jukka & Latvala, Terhi, 2002. "Demand For Credence Characteristics In Beef," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19703, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2008. "Information, labelling, and vertical coordination: an analysis of the Italian meat supply networks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 320-331.
- Silvia Weyerbrock & Tian Xia, 2000. "Technical trade barriers in US|Europe agricultural trade," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 235-251.
- Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2001. "Global trade and food safety - winners and losers in a fragmented system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2689, The World Bank.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2003. "Impact Of Information On The Demand For Credence Characteristics," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 5(02).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.