A Framework for Evaluating Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade Related to Sanitary and Phytosanitary Regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rickard, Bradley J. & Lei, Lei, 2010. "How important are sanitary and phytosanitary barriers in international markets for fresh fruit?," Working Papers 126974, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Miller, Andrew D. & Langley, Suchada V. & Chambers, William, 2003.
"Current Issues Affecting Trade And Trade Policy: An Annotated Literature Review,"
14606, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Miller, Andrew D. & Langley, Suchada V. & Chambers, William, 2003. "Current Issues Affecting Trade And Trade Policy: An Annotated Literature Review," Working Papers 14596, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Kramb, Marc Christopher, 2001. "Die Entscheidungen des â€™Dispute Settlementâ€™-Verfahrens der WTO im Hormonstreit zwischen der EU und den USA - Implikationen fÃ¼r den zukÃ¼nftigen Umgang mit dem SPS-Abkommen," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 50(3).
- Stefano Ponte, 2007. "Bans, tests, and alchemy: Food safety regulation and the Uganda fish export industry," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 179-193, June.
- Kramb, Marc Christopher & Herrmann, Roland, 2009. "Wie wirken gemeldete SPS-MaÃŸnahmen? Ein Gravitationsmodell des EU-Rindfleischhandels," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(4).
- Caswell, Julie A. & Sparling, David, 2004.
"Risk Management In The Integrated Nafta Market: Lessons From The Case Of Bse,"
North American Agrifood Integration: Situation and Perspectives, May 2004, Cancun, Mexico
16729, Farm Foundation.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Sparling, David, 2004. "Risk Management in the Integrated NAFTA Market: Lessons from the Case of BSE," 2004 NAAMIC Workshop I: North American Agrifood Market Integration: Current Situtation and Perspectives 163850, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Thilo W. Glebe & Uwe Latacz-Lohmann, 2005. "Optimal adjustment of environmental policy following agricultural trade liberalization," Discussion Papers 082005, Technische Universität München, Environmental Economics and Agricultural Policy Group.
- Cook, David C., 2000. "An Economic Evaluation of the Benefits from Import Clearance Activities in Western Australia," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123628, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Henson, Spencer J. & Bredahl, Maury E., 2004. "Policy Options For Open Borders In Relation To Animal And Plant Protection And Food Safety," Keeping the Borders Open; Proceedings of the 8th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2002 16924, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "A race to the top? A case study of food safety standards and African exports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2563, The World Bank.
- Roberts, Donna & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Caswell, Julie A. & Sheldon, Ian M. & Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Orden, David, 2001. "The Role Of Product Attributes In The Agricultural Negotiations," Commissioned Papers 14620, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Glebe, Thilo W. & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe, 2005. "Agricultural Trade Liberalisation and Strategic Environmental Policy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24609, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Caswell, Julie A., 2000.
"An Evaluation Of Risk Analysis As Applied To Agricultural Biotechnology (With A Case Study Of Gmo Labeling),"
Proceedings:Transitions in Agbiotech: Economics of Strategy and Policy, June 24-25, 1999, Washington, D.C.
26006, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Julie A. Caswell, 2000. "An evaluation of risk analysis as applied to agricultural biotechnology (with a case study of gmo labeling)," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 115-123.
- Anders, Sven & Caswell, Julie A., 2006. "Assessing the Impact of Stricter Food Safety Standards on Trade: HACCP in U.S. Seafood Trade with the Developing World," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21338, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kramb, Marc Christopher, 2001. "Die Entscheidungen des Dispute Settlement-Verfahrens der WTO im Hormonstreit zwischen der EU und den USA: Implikationen für den zukünftigen Umgang mit dem SPS-Abkommen," Discussion Papers 3, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 495-514, October.
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.