العوامل المؤثرة في البطالة في الجمهورية العربية السورية دراسة تطبيقية باستخدام منهجية التكامل المشترك
[The Effective Factories in Unemployment in the Syrian Arab Republic: An Empirical Study by Using Cointegration Method]
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to test the relationship between unemployment and the effective factors in the Syrian Arab Republic (S. A. R.). For that, this paper will analyses the unemployment available data and use the cointegration method. The paper says that unemployment in S.A.R. is a structural problem and concentrates in young people and those who have recently entered the labour market, especially educated groups. There is a strong and fixed relation between worker productivity, capital accumulation per worker and terms of trade, and the unemployment rate on the other said. Finally, the paper suggests that the solution of the problem lies in enhancing the investment climate, increasing investment, improving the competitiveness of the Syrian goods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41871.
Date of creation: Mar 2008
Date of revision:
Effective factories in unemployment; Unemployment in Syria; Labour market in Syria; Cointegration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Monastiriotis, Vassilis, 2006. "Macro-determinants of UK regional unemployment and the role of employment flexibility," MPRA Paper 44, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C1-33, March.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, July.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173, July.
- Kangni Kpodar, 2007.
"Why has Unemployment in Algeria been higher than in MENA and Transition Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
07/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni KPODAR, 2008. "Why Has Unemployment in Algeria Been Higher than in MENA and Transition Countries?," Working Papers 200803, CERDI.
- Kangni Kpodar, 2011. "Why Has Unemployment in Algeria Been Higher than in MENA and Transition Countries?," Working Papers halshs-00556938, HAL.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 601-18, Nov.-Dec..
- James G. MacKinnon, 1995. "Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 918, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hiau Looi Kee & Hian Teck Hoon, 2004.
"Trade, capital accumulation, and structural unemployment : An empirical study of the Singapore economy,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3272, The World Bank.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Hoon, Hian Teck, 2005. "Trade, capital accumulation and structural unemployment: an empirical study of the Singapore economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 125-152, June.
- Hiau Looi Kee & Hian Teck Hoon, 2004. "Trade, Capital Accumulation and Structural Unemployment: An Empirical Study of the Singapore Economy," Working Papers 06-2004, Singapore Management University, School of Economics, revised Mar 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.