Agricultural, food, and water nanotechnologies for the poor: Opportunities, constraints, and role of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series IFPRI discussion papers with number 1064.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
CGIAR; Developing countries; nanotechnology; research and development priorities;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Book: 2009.
- Cohen, Joel I. & Paarlberg, Robert, 2004. "Unlocking Crop Biotechnology in Developing Countries--A Report from the Field," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1563-1577, September.
- Gruere, Guillaume P. & Sengupta, Debdatta, 2009.
"GM-free private standards and their effects on biosafety decision-making in developing countries,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51334, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gruère, Guillaume & Sengupta, Debdatta, 2009. "GM-free private standards and their effects on biosafety decision-making in developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 399-406, October.
- Marette Stéphan & Roosen Jutta & Bieberstein Andrea & Blanchemanche Sandrine & Vandermoere Frederic, 2009. "Impact of Environmental, Societal and Health Information on Consumers' Choices for Nanofood," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-27, December.
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Highlights from millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Booklet: 200.
- Chen, Cheng-Kang & Lo, Chih-Chung & Liao, Yi-Xiang, 2008. "Optimal lot size with learning consideration on an imperfect production system with allowable shortages," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 459-469, May.
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Highlights from millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development [In Chinese]," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Booklet [Chi.
- Barry Bozeman & John Hardin & Albert Link, 2008. "Barriers To The Diffusion Of Nanotechnology," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7-8), pages 749-761.
- Koo, Won W. & Taylor, Richard D., 2008. "An Economic Analysis of Corn-based Ethanol Production," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 6201, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Geraint Howells, 2009. "Product Liability for Nanotechnology," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 381-391, December.
- Umali, D.L. & Feder, G. & de Haan, C., 1992. "The Balance between Public and Private Sector Activities in the Delivery of Livestock Services," World Bank - Discussion Papers 163, World Bank.
- Niosi, Jorge & Reid, Susan E., 2007. "Biotechnology and Nanotechnology: Science-based Enabling Technologies as Windows of Opportunity for LDCs?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 426-438, March.
- Spielman, David J. & Zambrano, Patricia, 2013. "Policy, investment, and partnerships for agricultural biotechnology research in Africa: Emerging evidence," IFPRI book chapters, in: Falck-Zepeda, Jose Benjamin & GruÃ¨re, Guillaume P. & Sithole-Niang, Idah (ed.), Genetically modified crops in Africa: Economic and policy lessons from countries south of the Sahara, chapter 7, pages 183-205 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- R.P. Zentner & W.L. Peterson, 1984. "An Economic Evaluation of Public Wheat Research and Extension Expenditures in Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 32(2), pages 327-353, 07.
- Brown, Douglas R., 2009. "Starved for science: How biotechnology is being kept out of Africa, Robert Paarlberg. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 2008, 235pp. US$24.95 (hardback) ISBN 978-0-674-02973-6," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 111-112, June.
- Pray, Carl E. & Fuglie, Keith O., 2001. "Private Investment In Agricultural Research And International Technology Transfer In Asia," Agricultural Economics Reports 33927, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Taylor, Gary & Janssen, Larry, 2008. "The Economic Impact of CRP Acres in South Dakota Returning to Crop Production," Staff Papers 080004, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Sunding, David & Zilberman, David, 2001. "The agricultural innovation process: Research and technology adoption in a changing agricultural sector," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 207-261 Elsevier.
- Khanal, Kalpana & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Taylor, Merritt J. & Schatzer, Raymond Joe & Epplin, Francis M. & Roberts, B. Warren & Edelson, Jonathan V. & Shrefler, Jim, 2008. "Organic and Conventional Vegetable Production in Oklahoma," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6789, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Cope, S. & Frewer, L.J. & Houghton, J. & Rowe, G. & Fischer, A.R.H. & de Jonge, J., 2010. "Consumer perceptions of best practice in food risk communication and management: Implications for risk analysis policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 349-357, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.