Agricultural R&D Policy: A Tragedy of the International Commons
AbstractReplaced with revised version of paper 07/10/09.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics in its series Staff Papers with number 43094.
Date of creation: Sep 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
Agricultural and Food Policy; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-10-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2008-10-28 (Innovation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michele Boldrin & David K Levine, 2002.
"The Case Against Intellectual Property,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000003, David K. Levine.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2002. "Some Simple Economics of Open," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 197-234, June.
- Pardey, Philip G & Roseboom, Johannes & Craig, Barbara J, 1992. "A Yardstick for International Comparisons: An Application to National Agricultural Research Expenditures," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 333-49, January.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2004.
"The Economics of Technology Sharing: Open Source and Beyond,"
NBER Working Papers
10956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2005. "The Economics of Technology Sharing: Open Source and Beyond," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 99-120, Spring.
- Tiffany Shih & Brian Wright, 2011.
in: Accelerating Energy Innovation: Insights from Multiple Sectors, pages 49-85
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julian M. Alston & John W. Freebairn & Jennifer S. James, 2004.
"Levy-funded research choices by producers and society,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(1), pages 33-64, 03.
- Alston, Julian M. & Freebairn, John W. & James, Jennifer S., 2004. "Levy-funded research choices by producers and society," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(1), March.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Beintema, Nienke M. & Dehmer, Steven & Wood, Stanley, 2006. "Agricultural research: a growing global divide?," Food policy reports 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Koo, Bonwoo & Pardey, Philip G. & Qian, Keming & Zhang, Yi, 2003.
"An Option Perspective On Generating And Maintaining Plant Variety Rights In China,"
13779, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Bonwoo Koo & Philip G. Pardey & Keming Qian & Yi Zhang, 2006. "An option perspective on generating and maintaining plant variety rights in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 35-48, 07.
- Beintema, Nienke M. & Stads, Gert-Jan, 2004.
"Investing in Sub-Saharan African agricultural research,"
24, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Beintema, Nienke M. & Stads, Gert-Jan, 2004. "Investing in Sub-Saharan African agricultural research," 2020 vision briefs 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pooja Sharma & Ashok Gulati, 2012. "Approaches to Food Security in Brazil, China, India, Malaysia, Mexico and Nigeria: Lessons for Developing Countries," Working Papers id:4930, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.