Agricultural and Resource Economics
AbstractA growing concern for environmental quality and resource scarcity has led to numerous policy debates regarding resource utilization around the world. This is especially true when it comes to agriculture. This textbook brings together economic theory and resource-specific problems of agriculture, and includes aggregate- and micro-level models and examples for most resource and environmental issues. Although the book's emphasis is on cropland agriculture, there are also examples from livestock, poultry, grazing, fisheries, orchards, and forestry. Students and professionals in resource economics, management, and policy as well as economists and planners in government agencies will benefit from the valuable lessons presented here.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 11104.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Heyes & Sandeep Kapur, 2010.
"Regulating Altruistic Agents,"
Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance
1010, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- McLeod, Donald M. & Woirhaye, Jody & Menkhaus, Dale J., 1999. "Factors Influencing Support For Rural Land Use Control: A Case Study," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 28(1), April.
- Graff, Gregory & Roland-Holst, David & Zilberman, David, 2005.
"Biotechnology and Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries,"
Working Paper Series
RP2005/27, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gregory Graff & David Roland Holst & David Zilberman, 2010. "Biotechnology and Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries," Working Papers id:2579, eSocialSciences.
- James, Jennifer S. & Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M., 2008. "Agricultural R&D Policy: A Tragedy of the International Commons," Staff Papers 43094, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Khanal, Aditya R. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2013. "Assessing the Impact of Internet Access on Household Income and Financial Performance of Small Farms," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143019, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- David Zilberman & Amir Heiman, 1997.
"The Value of Economic Research,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1539-1544.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M. & van Ispelen, Pieter, 1998. "Modeling Fresh Tomato Marketing Margins: Econometrics And Neural Networks," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Schaible, Glenn D. & Kim, C.S. & Whittlesey, Norman K., 1991. "Water Conservation Potential From Irrigation Technology Transitions In The Pacific Northwest," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(02), December.
- Levy, Amnon & Caputo, Michael R., 2008.
"Optimal control of locusts in subsistence farming areas,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 504-516, December.
- Levy, Amnon, 2006. "Optimal Control of Locusts in Subsistence Farming Areas," Economics Working Papers wp06-10, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Levy, Amnon & Caputo, Michael, 2007. "Optimal Control of Locusts in Subsistence Farming Areas," Economics Working Papers wp07-10, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Petra Hellegers & Ekko van Ierland, 2003. "Policy Instruments for Groundwater Management in the Netherlands," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(1), pages 163-172, September.
- Brown, Cheryl & Lynch, Lori & Zilberman, David, 2000.
"The Economics Of Controlling Insect-Transmitted Plant Diseases,"
28557, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Cheryl Brown & Lori Lynch & David Zilberman, 2002. "The Economics of Controlling Insect-Transmitted Plant Diseases," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 279-291.
- Lynch, Lori, 2001. "Migration Of Exotic Pests: Phytosanitary Regulations And Cooperative Policies To Protect U.S. Ecosystems And Agricultural Interests," Working Papers 28548, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ekanem, Enefiok P. & Sundquist, W. Burt, 1993. "Estimating Marginal Implicit Prices For Selected Quality Attributes Of Hybrid Seed Corn," Staff Papers 13473, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Zilberman, David, 1994. "Economics And Interdisciplinary Collaborative Efforts," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer Marie, 2004. "Seeing the forest and the trees: a spatial analysis of common property land use," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20189, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zilberman, David, 1982. "The Use And Potential Of Optimal Control Models In Agricultural Economics," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(02), December.
- Hellegers, Petra & Zilberman, David & van Ierland, Ekko, 2001.
"Dynamics of agricultural groundwater extraction,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 303-311, May.
- Xia, Yin & Yuan, Yiyong, 2005. "Privatization of Agricultural Biotechnology Research at U.S. Universities," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19276, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.