Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization
Contact information of De Gruyter:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Download restrictions: For access to full text, subscription to the journal or payment for the individual article is required.
Current editor: Azzeddine Azzam
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Peter Golla)
Series handle: repec:bpj:bjafio
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-13 Identification of Market Power in the Hungarian Dairy Industry: A Plant-Level Analysis
by Perekhozhuk Oleksandr & Hockmann Heinrich & Fertő Imre & Bakucs Lajos Zoltán
- 10 Conflict over Cooperation: Why So Much Disagreement over the Proposed Dairy Market Stabilization Program?
by Jackson Jeremy Jay & Thraen Cameron S. & Bozic Marin
- 11 Quality Differentiation with Flavors: Demand Estimation of Unobserved Attributes
by Toro-González Daniel & Gallardo R. Karina & Yan Jia & McCluskey Jill J.
- 12 U.S. Brewing Industry Profitability: A Simultaneous Determination of Structure, Conduct, and Performance
by Bhuyan Sanjib & McCafferty Michael
- 13 Oligopolistic Market Structure in the Japanese Pistachio Import Market
by Asgari Mahdi & Saghaian Sayed H.
- 16 A Mechanism Design of Dispute Resolution Systems in a Regional-Free Trade Agreement
by Miljkovic Dragan & Gomez Miguel
- 151-162 The Cooperative Yardstick Revisited: Panel Evidence from the European Dairy Sectors
by Hanisch Markus & Müller Malte & Rommel Jens
- 1-19 Understanding Challenges to Food Security in Dry Arab Micro-States: Evidence from Qatari Micro-Data
by Abul Basher Syed & Raboy David & Kaitibie Simeon & Hossain Ishrat
- 1-17 (A)symmetry, (Non)linearity and Hysteresis of Pricing-To-Market: Evidence from German Sugar Confectionery Exports
by Fedoseeva Svetlana
- 1-16 Cartels and Rent Sharing at the Farmer–Trader Interface: Evidence from Ghana’s Tomato Sector
by Ngeleza Guyslain K. & Robinson Elizabeth J.Z.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-28 Buyer Power and Vertically Differentiated Retailers
by Rojas Christian & Lavoie Nathalie & Wang Shinn-Shyr
- 1-33 Measuring Market Power and Welfare Losses in the Greek Food and Beverages Manufacturing Industry
by Rezitis Anthony & Kalantzi Maria
- 1-32 Consumer Preferences for Eco, Health and Fair Trade Labels. An Application to Seafood Product in France
by Brécard Dorothée & Lucas Sterenn & Pichot Nathalie & Salladarré Frédéric
- 1-29 The Pro-Competitive Effect of Coffee Cooperatives in Chiapas, Mexico
by Milford Anna B.
- 1-28 Picking Apples: Can Multi-Attribute Ecolabels Compete?
by Durham Catherine A. & Roheim Cathy A. & Pardoe Iain
- 1-27 Local Price Competition: The Case of Swedish Food Retailers
by Gullstrand Joakim & Jörgensen Christian
- 1-25 The success of new exporting countries in a traditional Agri-business industry, 1961-2005
by Parcero Osiris J. & Villanueva Emiliano
- 1-24 Processor's Preferences and Basic Differentiation Strategies for Potatoes, Milk, and Wheat in Switzerland
by Boesch Irene & Weber Michael
- 1-23 The Impact of Food Environment on Private Label versus Branded Produce Choice
by Schroeter Christiane & Cai Xiaowei
- 1-15 Can Labeling and Information Policies Harm Consumers?
by Lusk Jayson L. & Marette Stéphan
2011, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-13 Market Efficiency in the Non-Genetically Modified Soybean Futures Market
by Aruga Kentaka
- 1-47 Economic Effects of Purity Standards in Biotech Labeling Laws
by Giannakas Konstantinos & Kalaitzandonakes Nicholas & Magnier Alexander & Mattas Konstadinos
- 1-37 Price Transmission and Volatility in the Greek Broiler Sector: A Threshold Cointegration Analysis
by Rezitis Anthony N & Stavropoulos Konstantinos S
- 1-35 Tax Incidence When Quality Matters: Evidence from the Beer Market
by Rojas Christian & Shi Tianji
- 1-33 Livestock Mandatory Price Reporting: A Literature Review and Synthesis of Related Market Information Research
by Koontz Stephen R & Ward Clement E
- 1-30 Measuring Consumers' Attachment to Geographical Indications
by Hassan Daniel & Monier-Dilhan Sylvette & Orozco Valérie
- 1-26 Does the Prevalence of Contract Hog Production Influence the Price Received by Independent Hog Producers?
by Key Nigel
- 1-22 Willingness to Pay for Fair Trade Coffee: A Conjoint Analysis Experiment with Italian Consumers
by Rotaris Lucia & Danielis Romeo
- 1-21 Geographical Indications and The Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights Agreement (TRIPS): A Case Study of Basmati Rice Exports
by Mulik Kranti & Crespi John M.
- 1-19 Pressure Group Competition and GMO Regulations in Sub-Saharan Africa - Insights from the Becker Model
by Takeshima Hiroyuki & Gruère Guillaume P
- 1-16 Do Taxes Produce Better Wine?
by Ljunge Martin
2010, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-24 Evaluating Reforms in Canadian Chicken Marketing Mechanisms Using a Linear-Quadratic Inventory Model
by Abbassi Abdessalem & Gervais Jean-Philippe
- 1-31 Agricultural Trade Liberalization and Downstream Market Power: The Ad Valorem Case
by Hoque Mohammad Mainul & Schroeter John R
- 1-29 Protected Designation of Origin Revisited
by Bouamra-Mechemache Zohra & Chaaban Jad
- 1-27 Prices, Promotions, and Supermarket Mergers
by Davis David E.
- 1-26 The Demand for Seafood Eco-Labels in France
by Salladarré Frédéric & Guillotreau Patrice & Perraudeau Yves & Monfort Marie-Christine
- 1-25 An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Marketing Contract Structures for Corn and Soybeans
by Paulson Nicholas D & Katchova Ani L & Lence Sergio H
- 1-23 Prices as Quality Signals: Evidence from the Wine Market
by Schnabel Hubert & Storchmann Karl
- 1-21 The Influence of Local Selling Decisions on Organic Farm Incomes
by Park Timothy A & Lohr Luanne
- 1-20 The Effect of Proposition 2 on the Demand for Eggs in California
by Lusk Jayson L
- 1-19 Optimal Farmer Choice of Marketing Channels in the Ethiopian Banana Market
by Woldie Getachew Abebe
- 1-13 The Impact of Perceived Prices on Willingness to Pay in Experimental Auctions
by Colson Gregory & Corrigan Jay R & Rousu Matthew C.
2009, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 1-29 The Psychology of Eco-Consumption
by Teisl Mario F. & Noblet Caroline L. & Rubin Jonathan
- 1-8 Quality Promotion through Eco-Labeling: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Costa Sandine & Ibanez Lisette & Loureiro Maria L. & Marette Stéphan
- 1-29 Public vs. Private Eco-Labeling of Environmental Credence Goods: Maximizing the Gains from International Integration
by Sheldon Ian M & Roe Brian E
- 1-28 Market Behavior with Environmental Quality Information Costs
by Bougherara Douadia & Piguet Virginie
- 1-27 Impact of Environmental, Societal and Health Information on Consumers' Choices for Nanofood
by Marette Stéphan & Roosen Jutta & Bieberstein Andrea & Blanchemanche Sandrine & Vandermoere Frederic
- 1-25 Organic Food Consumption Patterns
by Monier Sylvette & Hassan Daniel & Nichèle Véronique & Simioni Michel
- 1-24 Standards, Voluntary Labels, and International Trade
by De Freitas Jenny & Bottega Lucie
- 1-21 Certification of Socially Responsible Behavior: Eco-Labels and Fair-Trade Coffee
by Mason Charles F
- 1-20 Wasteful Labeling
by Mahenc Philippe
- 1-18 Labeling Policies and Market Behavior: Quality Standard and Voluntary Label Adoption
by Bottega Lucie & Delacote Philippe & Ibanez Lisette
- 1-13 How Cognitive Biases Can Affect the Performance of Eco-Labeling Schemes
by Beretti Antoine & Grolleau Gilles & Mzoughi Naoufel
2009, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-36 Why Did Contracts Supplant the Cash Market in the Broiler Industry? An Economic Analysis Featuring Technological Innovation and Institutional Response
by Dimitri Carolyn & Jaenicke Edward C. & Effland Anne B
- 1-40 Buyer Power in U.K. Food Retailing: A 'First-Pass' Test
by Lloyd Tim & McCorriston Steve & Morgan Wyn & Rayner Anthony & Weldegebriel Habtu
- 1-25 Asymmetric Price Transmission, Market Power, and Supply and Demand Curvature
by Xia Tian
- 1-24 Complementarity among Alternative Procurement Arrangements in the Pork Packing Industry
by Vukina Tomislav & Shin Changmok & Zheng Xiaoyong
- 1-22 Generic Advertising in Markets with Informative Brand Advertising
by Isariyawongse Kosin & Kudo Yasushi & Tremblay Victor J.
- 1-19 Wine Brokers as Independent Experts
by Fares M'hand
- 1-17 Vertical Economies of Scope in Dairy Farming
by Mayen Carlos D & Balagtas Joseph V. & Alexander Corinne E.
- 1-12 Can Risk Averse Competitive Input Providers Serve Farmers Efficiently?
by Makdissi Paul & Wodon Quentin
2008, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 1-19 Biofuels, Policy Options, and Their Implications: Analyses Using Partial and General Equilibrium Approaches
by Tyner Wallace & Taheripour Farzad
- 1-9 Special Issue in Memory of Bruce Gardner 1942-2008: Dedication and Introduction
by Just Richard E. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-31 Public vs. Private Good Research at Land-Grant Universities
by Rausser Gordon & Simon Leo & Stevens Reid
- 1-29 Monopoly Power, Futures Market Manipulation, and the Oil Price Bubble
by Just David R. & Just Richard E.
- 1-25 Does a Rising Biofuels Tide Raise All Boats? A Study of Cash Rent Determinants for Iowa Farmland under Hay and Pasture
by Du Xiaodong & Hennessy David & Edwards William A.
- 1-24 The Economics of Biofuel Policy and Biotechnology
by Hochman Gal & Sexton Steven E & Zilberman David D
- 1-23 The Economics of the U.S. Ethanol Import Tariff with a Blend Mandate and Tax Credit
by de Gorter Harry & Just David R
- 1-20 Scitovsky Reversals and Efficiency Criteria in Policy Analysis
by Schmitz Andrew & Zerbe Richard O.
2008, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-31 Understanding Consumer Interest in Organics: Production Values vs. Purchasing Behavior
by Bellows Anne C. & Onyango Benjamin & Diamond Adam & Hallman William K
- 1-40 Paying for Shelf Space: An Investigation of Merchandising Allowances in the Grocery Industry
by Rennhoff Adam
- 1-36 Private Labeling and Competition between Retailers
by Colangelo Giuseppe
- 1-31 Agricultural Production Clubs: Viability and Welfare Implications
by Langinier Corinne & Babcock Bruce A.
- 1-26 Estimating the Welfare Loss to Consumers When Food Labels Do Not Adequately Inform: An Application to Fair Trade Certification
by Rousu Matthew C. & Corrigan Jay R.
- 1-22 Consumer Preferences for Detailed versus Summary Formats of Nutrition Information on Grocery Store Shelf Labels
by Berning Joshua P & Chouinard Hayley H & McCluskey Jill J
- 1-20 Search Costs in Identity-Preserved Agricultural Markets
by Reimer Jeffrey J
- 1-19 Demand and Pricing in the U.S. Margarine Industry
by Kim Donghun
- 1-11 Further Results on Asymmetry in Farm-Retail Price Transmission under Spatial Monopoly
by Fousekis Panos
2007, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 1-28 Ethanol: No Free Lunch
by Schmitz Andrew & Moss Charles B. & Schmitz Troy G.
- 1-8 Explorations in Biofuels Economics, Policy, and History: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Gardner Bruce & Tyner Wallace
- 1-36 Potential Land Use Implications of a Global Biofuels Industry
by Gurgel Angelo & Reilly John M & Paltsev Sergey
- 1-29 Technical and Financial Feasibility Analysis of Distributed Bioprocessing Using Regional Biomass Pre-Processing Centers
by Carolan Joseph E. & Joshi Satish V. & Dale Bruce E.
- 1-23 Ethanol Expansion in the Food versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?
by Elobeid Amani & Hart Chad
- 1-22 Biofuels Policies in Asian Countries: Impact of the Expanded Biofuels Programs on World Agricultural Markets
by Koizumi Tatsuji & Ohga Keiji
- 1-21 Fueling the Automobile: An Economic Exploration of Early Adoption of Gasoline over Ethanol
by Dimitri Carolyn & Effland Anne
- 1-19 Estimating the Welfare Effects of U.S. Distortions in the Ethanol Market Using a Partial Equilibrium Trade Model
by Martinez-Gonzalez Ariadna & Sheldon Ian M & Thompson Stanley
- 1-13 Policy Alternatives for the Future Biofuels Industry
by Tyner Wallace E.
2007, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-20 Consumer Response to Information and Second-Generation Genetically Modified Food in India
by Anand Alok & Mittelhammer Ron C & McCluskey Jill J
- 1-40 Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal
by Kiesel Kristin & Villas-Boas Sofia B
- 1-32 Cherry Picking: Should Sellers Let Buyers Sort?
by Ferrier Peyton M
- 1-28 The Value of Collective Reputation for Environmentally-Friendly Production Methods: The Case of Val di Gresta
by Scarpa Riccardo & Thiene Mara & Marangon Francesco
- 1-24 Fair Trade Labeling: Inside or Outside Supermarkets?
by Poret Sylvaine & Chambolle Claire
- 1-22 Contract Selectivity, Food Safety, and Traceability
by Starbird S. Andrew & Amanor-Boadu Vincent
- 1-21 Generic Advertising and Product Differentiation Revisited
by Crespi John M.
- 1-20 Measuring the Degree of Retail Competition in U.S. Cheese Markets
by Arnade Carlos & Gopinath Munisamy & Pick Daniel
- 1-19 Scale and Transaction Costs in the U.S. Biopower Industry
by Altman Ira J & Klein Peter G. & Johnson Thomas G.
- 1-17 Generic and Brand Advertising in Markets with Product Differentiation
by Isariyawongse Kosin & Kudo Yasushi & Tremblay Victor J.
- 1-16 Market and Welfare Effects of Collusion with Reference to Multi-Product Food Oligopoly and Oligopsony
by Bouras Brahim
2006, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-40 Strategic Labeling and Trade of GMOs
by Veyssiere Luc & Giannakas Konstantinos
- 1-38 Market Segmentation Analysis of Preferences for GM Derived Animal Foods in the UK
by Kontoleon Andreas & Yabe Mitsuyasu
- 1-29 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: Economic Issues with the Courts' Opinions in Pickett v. Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc
by Taylor C. Robert
- 1-27 Imperfect Competition and Strategic Trade Theory: Evidence for International Food and Agricultural Markets
by Reimer Jeffrey J & Stiegert Kyle
- 1-26 Market Power and European Competition in the Swedish Food Industry
by Wilhelmsson Fredrik
- 1-23 Less Choice is Better, Sometimes
by Norwood Franklin B
2005, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-29 Railcar Auctions for Grain Shipments: A Strategic Analysis
by Wilson William W. & Dahl Bruce L.
- 1-33 Dethroning Economic Kings: The Packers and Stockyards Act of 1921 and its Modern Awakening
by Rosales William E.
- 1-27 On Cyclical Industry Evolution in Agricultural Biotechnology R&D
by Oehmke James F & Wolf Christopher A & Raper Kellie Curry
- 1-26 Ownership Structure and Endogenous Quality Choice: Cooperatives versus Investor-Owned Firms
by Hoffmann Ruben
- 1-19 Private Label Products as Experience Goods
by Bergès-Sennou Fabian & Waterson Michael
- 1-11 The Impact on Farmers of Privatizing Parastatal Agricultural Monopsonies
by Makdissi Paul & Wodon Quentin
2005, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-18 Private Label Expansion and Supermarket Milk Prices
by Bonanno Alessandro & Lopez Rigoberto A.
- 1-7 Retailer Strategies in the Food Marketing Chain: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Soler Louis-Georges
- 1-37 Price Rigidity in the German Grocery-Retailing Sector: Scanner-Data Evidence on Magnitude and Causes
by Herrmann Roland & Moeser Anke & Weber Sascha Alexander
- 1-30 Premium Private Labels, Supply Contracts, Market Segmentation, and Spot Prices
by Bazoche Pascale & Giraud-Héraud Eric & Soler Louis-Georges
- 1-25 Loss-Leaders Banning Laws as Vertical Restraints
by Allain Marie-Laure & Chambolle Claire
- 1-23 Grocery Retailer Behavior in Perishable Fresh Produce Procurement
by Sexton Richard J. & Zhang Mingxia & Chalfant James A.
- 1-18 Price Effects of Private Label Development
by Bontemps Christophe & Orozco Valerie & Réquillart Vincent & Trevisiol Audrey
2004, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 1-16 GMOs: Prospects for Productivity Increases in Developing Countries
by Evenson Robert E.
- 1-28 Europe's Regulation of Agricultural Biotechnology: Precaution or Trade Distortion?
by Sheldon Ian
- 1-19 Genetically Modified Food Standards as Trade Barriers: Harmonization, Compromise, and Sub-Global Agreements
by Tothova Monika & Oehmke James F.
- 1-18 Agricultural Biotechnology: Productivity, Biodiversity, and Intellectual Property Rights
by Zilberman David & Ameden Holly & Graff Gregory & Qaim Matin
- 1-17 Genetically Modified Organisms: Rights To Use Commodity Names and the Lemons Problem
by Gray Richard & Moss Charles B. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-16 Did StarLink Reduce Import Demand for Corn?
by Schmitz Troy G. & Schmitz Andrew & Moss Charles B.
- 1-15 Consumer's Resistance to Genetically Modified Foods: The Role of Information in an Uncertain Environment
by Huffman Wallace E. & Rousu Matthew & Shogren Jason F & Tegene Abebayehu
- 1-10 Controversies Over the Adoption of Genetically Modified Organisms: An Overview of the Special Issue
by Schmitz Andrew
2004, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-19 Delineating the Relevant U.S. Sweetener Markets
by Moss Charles B. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-44 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: The Plaintiff's Argument in Pickett v Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc
by Domina David A.
- 1-4 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: The Plaintiffs' Argument in Pickett v. Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc.: Response to Comment
by Domina David A.
- 1-37 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: The Plaintiff's Argument in Pickett v. Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc.: Comment
by Green Thomas C.
- 1-29 Market Conduct in the U.S. Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry
by Reimer Jeffrey J
- 1-25 Consumers' Responses to Front vs. Back Package GM Labels in Japan
by Matsumoto Shigeru
- 1-20 Market Segmentation via Mixed Logit: Extra-Virgin Olive Oil in Urban Italy
by Scarpa Riccardo & Del Giudice Teresa
- 1-19 Risk and Transactions Cost in Contracting: Results from a Choice-Based Experiment
by Hudson Darren & Lusk Jayson
- 1-18 Promotion Carryover as a Missing-Data Problem
by Holloway Garth J. & Aydogus Osman
- 1-17 Revisiting the Price Effects of Rising Concentration in U.S. Food Manufacturing
by Dickson Vaughan A & Sun Yingfeng
2003, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-14 Contract Design: A Note on Cash Settled Futures
by Manfredo Mark R & Sanders Dwight R
- 1-25 Agricultural Marketing Institutions: A Response to Quality Disputes
by Dimitri Carolyn
- 1-24 Inventory Constraints in a Dynamic Model of Imperfect Competition: An Application to Beef Packing
by Hunnicutt Lynn & Aadland David
- 1-23 Concentration and Innovation in the U.S. Food Industries
by Gopinath Munisamy & Pick Daniel & Li Yonghai
- 1-18 Vertical Product Differentiation in Theory and Practice
by Eales James & Binkley James K
- 1-16 Explaining Price Dispersion for Homogeneous Grocery Products
by Aalto-Setälä Ville
- 1-15 Information Pooling and Collusion: Implications for The Livestock Mandatory Reporting Act
by Njoroge Kenneth
- 1-14 Costly (Dis)Agreement: Optimal Intervention, Income Redistribution, and Transfer Efficiency of Output Quotas in the Presence of Cheating
by Giannakas Konstantinos & Fulton Murray
2002, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-14 Cooperative Investment and the Value of Contracting with Transaction Costs
by Vercammen James
- 1-21 Food Supply Management and Tariffication: A Game Theoretic Approach
by Schmitz Troy G. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-20 The Gains and Losses from Agricultural Concentration: A Critical Survey of the Literature
by Whitley John
- 1-19 Tough Love: Optimal Enforcement of Output Quotas in the Presence of Cheating
by Giannakas Konstantinos & Fulton Murray
- 1-10 Social Welfare and the Market Power-Efficiency Tradeoff in U.S. Food Processing: A Note
by Lopez Rigoberto A & Lirón-España Carmen